Big Rock armma big rock steering issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazzler66

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a complete newbie and not very technically astute. I purchased a Armma Big Rock today and just took it out for a rip around the woods, great fun! But I have noticed that even when I am not turning the steering it is very subtly turning to the left and it’s really bugging me as I’ve obviously just bought it. Has anybody else has this issue and can offer any suggestions for what I could try to remediate?

Hi everyone, I am a complete newbie and not very technically astute. I purchased a Armma Big Rock today and just took it out for a rip around the woods, great fun! But I have noticed that even when I am not turning the steering it is very subtly turning to the left and it’s really bugging me as I’ve obviously just bought it. Has anybody else has this issue and can offer any suggestions for what I could try to remediate?
Welcome to AF!

There is a little knob on the transmitter called ST trim, play with that a bit and if that helps.
6AAA9800-21D0-46E8-8108-D002785DCF85.jpeg

Edit: Circled in orange is the knob, turn it right to correct for left drift and vice verse.

Did you set your steering End Point Adjustments? If you are unsure what that is (I had no clue when I started this hobby-lol) Google it and search the forum here. Plenty of great info about it. There's always little tweaks ya gotta do as these rigs do not always come perfect out da box. 👍 Don't get discouraged, research, research research! 😁

Did you set your steering End Point Adjustments? If you are unsure what that is (I had no clue when I started this hobby-lol) Google it and search the forum here. Plenty of great info about it. There's always little tweaks ya gotta do as these rigs do not always come perfect out da box. 👍 Don't get discouraged, research, research research! 😁
+1
Very sound advice there.

Welcome to AF!

There is a little knob on the transmitter called ST trim, play with that a bit and if that helps.View attachment 248731
Edit: Circled in orange is the knob, turn it right to correct for left drift and v

Welcome to AF!

There is a little knob on the transmitter called ST trim, play with that a bit and if that helps.View attachment 248731
Edit: Circled in orange is the knob, turn it right to correct for left drift and vice verse.
Now that I'm thinking about it he did mention he is a nobbie and this advice from Robb66 is actually the correct answer.i never would have thought of this because I assume most know what steering trim is .but you can never assume..makes sense that his truck isn't steering straight because he needs to adjust trim..perfect advice..feel bad poor guy went through changing servos for nothing.actually he would have had to anyways .stock servos are junk.and by the way even after he sets his steering trim it's still going to be a constant headache of keeping it some way near straight.for one the transmitter doesn't allow you to set steering perfect..you can't make those increment adjustments..then you have the cheap stock steering linkage.with a whole lot of slop..first thing I did was add shims to the suspension and steering..stock steering has plastic/composite ball ends ..they wear down super fast..so I replaced tei rods and steering linkage and my steering is a hell of alot better.not sure about bashing /jumping if that's a issue but since I only speed run with my BR it's important to get steering issues fixed right away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back