SOLD / FOUND Armma Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would wait for the next version. From what I have heard, the 4s line is pretty bad. The next version of them is coming Spring 2022.

I would wait for the next version. From what I have heard, the 4s line is pretty bad. The next version of them is coming Spring 2022.
How do we find out when?
I am itching to get another RC. I have the Granite 3S and my son has kinda taken it over. LOL

How do we find out when?
I am itching to get another RC. I have the Granite 3S and my son has kinda taken it over. LOL
Buy another Granite 3s and throw a 4s combo in it. ;) The diffs are 4s capable out of the box.

How do we find out when?
We don't find out when.
We wait unfortunately.:(
Call HH directly and ask???
See what they say?
Been pushed back for some time now.
I am sure there was some production issues. Perhaps. Because I am sure HH would have wanted it released for the 2021 Holiday season if they had a grip on it.

We don't find out when.
We wait unfortunately.:(
Call HH directly and ask???
See what they say?
Been pushed back for some time now.
I am sure there was some production issues. Perhaps. Because I am sure HH would have wanted it released for the 2021 Holiday season if they had a grip on it.
I sent an email to HH, it will be 2-3 business days before someone can answer my question.

I always suggested to get a 6s rig. Even a TLR Typhon or RTR version (cheapest) and run it in 4s.
I think they are more durable overall. Drivetrain more durable especially if run on 4s. I run mine on 4s occasionally. They run great. Cooler and more efficient running. Less breakage overall.
I think the 4S 4x4 line will be too $high$ for what you will get. Value wise in the long term.
Just me.

Says whom?
Kev Talbot had leaky shocks. Also, it hasn’t been updated since 2019!!! I wouldn’t get one as they have the old leaky shocks. The 6s line is much better than the 4s if you want to run 4s.

Kev Talbot had leaky shocks. Also, it hasn’t been updated since 2019!!! I wouldn’t get one as they have the old leaky shocks. The 6s line is much better than the 4s if you want to run 4s.
Sorry - I specifically meant the timeline. Who says it's coming spring 2022?

Says whom?
Says many who have had the first run of them.
That's why HH stopped production of them. Just common sense.
And if it was a good seller HH woud have focused on making sure it would be here already by now with the new version.
The 6s line kind of filled the void for those wanting a RTR 4s 4x4.
Not hating, just keeping it all in perspective.
My spin.:cool:

I always suggested to get a 6s rig. Even a TLR Typhon or RTR version (cheapest) and run it in 4s.
I think they are more durable overall. Drivetrain more durable especially if run on 4s. I run mine on 4s occasionally. They run great. Cooler and more efficient running. Less breakage overall.
I think the 4S 4x4 line will be too $high$ for what you will get. Value wise in the long term.
Just me.
I agree with this philosophy ☝️

Start it on 4s..if you choose to go faster, you can.
Plus it'll run considerably longer if only living on 4s(wear/tear)
A 3s rig on 4s is certainly do able but will surely suffer more wear(IMO)..

I agree with this philosophy ☝️

Start it on 4s..if you choose to go faster, you can.
Plus it'll run considerably longer if only living on 4s(wear/tear)
A 3s rig on 4s is certainly do able but will surely suffer more wear(IMO)..
I was thinking the affordability of the 4S line. $399 vs $599 is my issue. I would much rather have 6S Kraton for sure.

I was thinking the affordability of the 4S line. $399 vs $599 is my issue. I would much rather have 6S Kraton for sure.
Oh yeah, that's an important point.. 😁
Admittedly a K6 or mojave isn't nearly as fun on 4s. Perhaps the typhon would, but the smallish tires can limit the versatility.
Alright already! Wheres that 4s line Armma!?
Not much eorth buying out there in 4s catagory unfortunately..

Last edited:
One thing I liked about my 4S Kraton was that it was it’s weight. It wasn’t so heavy to lug around and it did seem to take some crashes better because of it. If they could make the suspension and drivetrain with a centre diff but keep the plastic philosophy I think they would have a nice 4S winner.

As mentioned above though something like the TLR Typhon on 4S is hard to beat for durability, speed and ease of working on plus it will out handle anything else in the line up. I love my TLR and I haven’t even driven it yet 😜😂

One thing I liked about my 4S Kraton was that it was it’s weight. It wasn’t so heavy to lug around and it did seem to take some crashes better because of it. If they could make the suspension and drivetrain with a centre diff but keep the plastic philosophy I think they would have a nice 4S winner.

As mentioned above though something like the TLR Typhon on 4S is hard to beat for durability, speed and ease of working on plus it will out handle anything else in the line up. I love my TLR and I haven’t even driven it yet 😜😂
What Is the TRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back