Notorious Armorwerks Aluminum Solid Servo Mount Install and thoughts so far

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I just bought and installed the Armorwerks Aluminum Solid Servo Mount for my Notorious and so far its obviously way better than stock, but for me its better than the multi piece aluminum one as well (which I have). Even with the aluminum multi piece one there was still some movement in the mount. But with the solid one it doesn't move at all. Install was also a lot easier since its just one large piece. Less parts, less chance of loose screws, and it doesn't require the spacers either. I got the black one but it comes in 3 colors. Heres some pics.

20190917_013454.jpg
20190917_013448.jpg
20190917_015753.jpg
20190917_043859.jpg
20190917_043754.jpg

Seems crazy though that you mention it has less movement and then you mount the servo with rubber mounts..?

I always mount mine direct to the servo mount..???

Awesome! I ordered two the other day should be getting here sometime this week for the Kraton and Notorious. Thanks for sharing.

Edit- I just checked, tomorrow they arrive. I was looking all around for the email with shipping then I remembered that they sent me text messages instead of email. Thought that was weird.

Thanks for sharing @Custnam. I really like the looks of that black one piece servo mount. Could be a great idea for a new giveaway. ;)

Awesome! I ordered two the other day should be getting here sometime this week for the Kraton and Notorious. Thanks for sharing.

Edit- I just checked, tomorrow they arrive. I was looking all around for the email with shipping then I remembered that they sent me text messages instead of email. Thought that was weird.
Keep us posted on your thoughts about the servo mounts!

What are those washers for the flathead screws on those rubber bushings? Do you have anything in the center so it doesn't just smash the grommet? I've never used those as every servo I've ever bought that came with them had little brass tubes that only worked with the cheap 2mm screws that I also throw away.

What are those washers for the flathead screws on those rubber bushings? Do you have anything in the center so it doesn't just smash the grommet? I've never used those as every servo I've ever bought that came with them had little brass tubes that only worked with the cheap 2mm screws that I also throw away.

Are you referring to the silver ones under the servo screws? Those actually came with the other aluminum servo mount kit I had before. I liked the way they installed so I used them again for this mount. But they arent needed, and don't come with the solid mount. You can see them in the pictures of the other mount here I bought on Ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/193078210226

Are you referring to the silver ones under the servo screws? Those actually came with the other aluminum servo mount kit I had before. I liked the way they installed so I used them again for this mount. But they arent needed, and don't come with the solid mount. You can see them in the pictures of the other mount here I bought on Ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/193078210226
Yeah, wasn't sure if they were special servo mount tubes, then the tube tightens down so the screws don't come loose but your not crushing the rubber grommet.

Like the tubes that come with these, but a better 3mm version:
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=LXEPYE&P=7

But then you can't use 3mm screws in them. Guessing they are primarily for planes/boats where you use the small course threaded wood screws that come with new servos.

EDIT:
Actually, I think those that I linked you can actually use 3mm screws with. I'm just used to the ones that came with old hitec servos. Couldn't fit 3mm in those.

Last edited:
Yeah, wasn't sure if they were special servo mount tubes, then the tube tightens down so the screws don't come loose but your not crushing the rubber grommet.

Like the tubes that come with these, but a better 3mm version:
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=LXEPYE&P=7

But then you can't use 3mm screws in them. Guessing they are primarily for planes/boats where you use the small course threaded wood screws that come with new servos.

EDIT:
Actually, I think those that I linked you can actually use 3mm screws with. I'm just used to the ones that came with old hitec servos. Couldn't fit 3mm in those.
Actually was thinking about these for my Notorious.
https://www.associatedelectrics.com.../27128-ASC27128-servo_washers_black_aluminum/

I also like this CF piece in my RC8B3.1E the previous owner installed. Haven't touched hardly a thing setup wise on my buggy cause it is so dialed in right now. ?
20190918_103457.jpg

Also this futaba is taunting me to install in my Notorious. It is the fastest, strongest servo I've ever seen. I know futaba servos are hella expensive, so that's why it's staying in the "race" rig, as I'd hate to kill it bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back