Granite Arrama Granite 3s BLX chassis Replacement Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfox00

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi team -

First post! I was showing my son how to do a double backflip with his truck off a homemade jump...and the truck literally snapped in half. He was so glad I did it, and not him, because he's responsible for partial payment for parts he breaks :). Keeps him from driving it too crazy, but clearly it did not impact me!

Important Note: I have the Arrma Granite 3s BLX version 1. (discontinued version). The chassis replacement part AR320398. The part is harder to find now, I see it on Ebay for about $50.

I'm wondering if I can use the current version (version 3) Chassis, replacement part AR320607. Found this one on eBay for about $20.

Finally, wondering if there are upgraded chassis that I could consider? I've read that plastic has its advantages in that the energy from bashing can be absorbed to a degree, preventing other parts from breaking. That said, I'm curious to know what others have done that replaced the chassis.

I am fairly certain the new V3 chassis is a direct fit on the V1 and V2 models.

I haven't replaced my chassis yet, but when I do I am just going to get another stock one.

Hi team -

First post! I was showing my son how to do a double backflip with his truck off a homemade jump...and the truck literally snapped in half. He was so glad I did it, and not him, because he's responsible for partial payment for parts he breaks :). Keeps him from driving it too crazy, but clearly it did not impact me!

Important Note: I have the Arrma Granite 3s BLX version 1. (discontinued version). The chassis replacement part AR320398. The part is harder to find now, I see it on Ebay for about $50.

I'm wondering if I can use the current version (version 3) Chassis, replacement part AR320607. Found this one on eBay for about $20.

Finally, wondering if there are upgraded chassis that I could consider? I've read that plastic has its advantages in that the energy from bashing can be absorbed to a degree, preventing other parts from breaking. That said, I'm curious to know what others have done that replaced the chassis.
I am pretty sure both chassis are the same. Jenny's has it for $12.99 in stock here: https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...short-wheel-base-swb-mega-ara320607-ara4302v3

Yes the new chassis should be fully compatible. My son's Granite has a V2 chassis, with V3 electronics and drivetrain, and everything fits perfectly.

I'd be very surprised if it wouldn't work the other way around (V3 chassis with V2 everything).

They are not the same, the V3 was revised with some extra reinforcement in certain areas.
I have honestly not looked that much into the newer Arrma stuff to know what has really changed. I still run my 1st gen Granite and Senton, and still have my original Fury, and don't see a need to replace them anytime soon. I just know the chassis from the V1 and V2 vehicles are all interchangeable. Both my Granite and Senton started as a Granite, then i swapped all the parts to the LWB chassis to turn one into a Senton. Now, im working on building a Typhon out of one. In my personal experience, and for how hard i beat on mine, my DHK stuff is way more durable, so i tend to put most of my focus on them. Once in awhile i reply on here if its something i have experience with is all.

Thank you everyone! A bit of a mixed conclusion here from the forum, so I reluctantly called Arrma Tech Support. They are actually pretty awesome. Gentlemen I spoke with did a little research, and was fairly confident the v3 version will fit. (He was not 100% because apparently the version 1 of this chassis was not produced by Arrma so he had limited information). At any rate, I made the purchase from jennysRC - thank you for that recommendation! $19.44, lets see if I can put this thing back together now....

Thank you everyone! A bit of a mixed conclusion here from the forum, so I reluctantly called Arrma Tech Support. They are actually pretty awesome. Gentlemen I spoke with did a little research, and was fairly confident the v3 version will fit. (He was not 100% because apparently the version 1 of this chassis was not produced by Arrma so he had limited information). At any rate, I made the purchase from jennysRC - thank you for that recommendation! $19.44, lets see if I can put this thing back together now....
I always check Jenny's before i look anywhere else, especially for the more expensive parts. Let us know if you had any issues or not installing the chassis.

lol "Jenny" probably would know better if the chassis fits your V1. If you can eyeball that it won't fit you can send it back before you mess with it. Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back