Big Rock ARRMA 1/10 BIG ROCK CREW CAB 4x4 3S BLX Brushless RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about starting with the Senton, and down the line upgrade it to a monster SCT (by changing the body wheels and a pinion)?

Attachments

• 3498_m.jpg
    3498_m.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 34
Now wondering if it’s worth saving up for a Kraton, LOL

Yes. The answers always is Kraton... LOL

But remember, with the BLX6s trucks you don't just need to upgrade the budget for the truck, but you also need bigger / higher C batteries, higher wattage chargers, lots of tires that will cost more, etc...

Yes. The answers always is Kraton... LOL

But remember, with the BLX6s trucks you don't just need to upgrade the budget for the truck, but you also need bigger / higher C batteries, higher wattage chargers, lots of tires that will cost more, etc...

Cheers for the heads up Gerry.

I already have matching 2s so I can pair those up and use as 4s so I’m more or less ready to go on that front, same with the charger really as they both have 7amps per channel

I will get a couple of 3s ones so I use those in series too

I may be the odd man out, but I pretty much only run my Kraton and Typhon on 4s. I bumped the stock pinions up a few teeth, (14t on the Kraton) and it has plenty of speed and power for me. I did try 6s when I first got them, but quickly decided 4s was enough... LOL But that was a few years ago, maybe it is time for me to try 6s again. :)

I may be the odd man out, but I pretty much only run my Kraton and Typhon on 4s. I bumped the stock pinions up a few teeth, (14t on the Kraton) and it has plenty of speed and power for me. I did try 6s when I first got them, but quickly decided 4s was enough... LOL But that was a few years ago, maybe it is time for me to try 6s again. :)

How fast do you think they go on 4s? My emaxx is stuck around 35mph with its current setup on 4s unless I want it to overheat and not 6s capable. Plus so much work goes into rebuilding it with its million screws that I might just replace it but have no 6s or large enough paired 3s in the stack of batteries.

The maxx could've been a fluke since it overheated before I thought it should and I had a temp gun out. Didn't make it 5 minutes after the regear but maybe it was just time for the 8 year old HK esc to die. Either way made me gun shy about gearing it up now.

I'm looking at getting back into land-based RC after a 20 year break and I think the Big Rock BLX 3S is the number 1 contender. Initially, the Senton caught my eye but I have no desire to race and would rather the clearance of a MT. Watched a ton of videos on both it and the Granite before I saw the Big Rock and fell in love. It doesn't help that I've got a new-ish F150 crew cab that looks a whole lot alike. Can't wait to get playing again!

I'm looking at getting back into land-based RC after a 20 year break and I think the Big Rock BLX 3S is the number 1 contender. Initially, the Senton caught my eye but I have no desire to race and would rather the clearance of a MT. Watched a ton of videos on both it and the Granite before I saw the Big Rock and fell in love. It doesn't help that I've got a new-ish F150 crew cab that looks a whole lot alike. Can't wait to get playing again!

Hey JT

My pal just got one and unfortunately has had a bad experience with it, he onlyran 3 2s packs and although bashing broke his wheelie bar (I believe this is common to brake on these) the front bumper and worse still was running it on flat ground and both front axials popped off (pics) which I’m sure he won’t mind me posting. He’s taking it back to see if he can get a refund / credit. I was with him and he wasn’t bashing like the guys online, not in the slightest, no massive jumps, maybe 5/6 foot, tops and on 2s LIPOs. Also when he was on an incline the power would fail, there was no smooth drive, to get going again he had to give it full throttle to get it going again. I’m going to get a granite and see if that lasts longer or save up for a Notorious.

Attachments

• EFAC1D40-5089-47B7-A9EC-B5F7D9358B20.jpeg
    EFAC1D40-5089-47B7-A9EC-B5F7D9358B20.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 2DD6F793-1318-4F6F-B183-753DA6FA1C12.jpeg
    2DD6F793-1318-4F6F-B183-753DA6FA1C12.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 52
Ouch, that's a bummer. Based on how many good reviews I've seen for all 3 trucks I hope his problems are a fluke.

Going 6S is more of an investment than I'm looking to make right now so it'll definitely be one of the 3S BLX trucks for me.

Hey JT

My pal just got one and unfortunately has had a bad experience with it, he onlyran 3 2s packs and although bashing broke his wheelie bar (I believe this is common to brake on these) the front bumper and worse still was running it on flat ground and both front axials popped off (pics) which I’m sure he won’t mind me posting. He’s taking it back to see if he can get a refund / credit. I was with him and he wasn’t bashing like the guys online, not in the slightest, no massive jumps, maybe 5/6 foot, tops and on 2s LIPOs. Also when he was on an incline the power would fail, there was no smooth drive, to get going again he had to give it full throttle to get it going again. I’m going to get a granite and see if that lasts longer or save up for a Notorious.

Senton, Granite, Big Rock CC.....all the same truck. The only difference is the length of the chassis and tire/wheel combos. Getting rid of a Big Rock for either of the other in the hopes that the others will be more durable is kind of silly.

Senton, Granite, Big Rock CC.....all the same truck. The only difference is the length of the chassis and tire/wheel combos. Getting rid of a Big Rock for either of the other in the hopes that the others will be more durable is kind of silly.
While it's basically true, for the specific type of breaking we see here (driveshaft popping), the Senton will be much more immune to, due to the smaller wheels there is much less torque (and more speed) driving through those driveshafts.

While it's basically true, for the specific type of breaking we see here (driveshaft popping), the Senton will be much more immune to, due to the smaller wheels there is much less torque (and more speed) driving through those driveshafts.

I've popped them on my Senton Mega. And he's talking about ditching the BRCC for a Granite.

also I am HARD on my RCs, and I have only broken one front a arm and a handful of front skids (none since the redesign yet though) on the senton. its the mega version upgraded with a cheap brushless system but it does 40 so it can crash with plenty of force, and if he was running on 2s he wouldn't have been doing 40. maybe he just got unlucky. also that axle looks to have a lot of wear around that joint for only having 3 packs through it although I guess it all could've happened right after the failure when both ends were smashing into each other...

with the full throttle to get going uphill issue, is he sure his slipper wasn't loose? I would think if it was loose though it would either work better with lower throttle input to not cause it to slip or full throttle would just melt the spur... so maybe not the slipper? If trying to go REAL slow maybe it was cogging and he had to give it more throttle just to get past that point? haven't driven a 3sblx so i don't know if cogging is common with that system or not.

also I am HARD on my RCs, and I have only broken one front a arm and a handful of front skids (none since the redesign yet though) on the senton. its the mega version upgraded with a cheap brushless system but it does 40 so it can crash with plenty of force, and if he was running on 2s he wouldn't have been doing 40. maybe he just got unlucky. also that axle looks to have a lot of wear around that joint for only having 3 packs through it although I guess it all could've happened right after the failure when both ends were smashing into each other...

with the full throttle to get going uphill issue, is he sure his slipper wasn't loose? I would think if it was loose though it would either work better with lower throttle input to not cause it to slip or full throttle would just melt the spur... so maybe not the slipper? If trying to go REAL slow maybe it was cogging and he had to give it more throttle just to get past that point? haven't driven a 3sblx so i don't know if cogging is common with that system or not.

The whole things seems out of character. I can only go by my experience and every time I popped a wheel driveshaft it was because I landed hard on one tire and/or under power. I like to keep my slippers tight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back