Big Rock ARRMA 1/10 BIG ROCK CREW CAB 4x4 3S BLX Brushless RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not a "Big Rock/Nero" type of vehicle, this is a Mega Senton 3S Extended MT.

This is a pretty good variation of the new Mega 3S versions they released earlier.

TT

Stupid I think. How can you make such great products when it comes to 8th scale then put plastic in your 10th scales. Hell I have a 10th sxale redact and it’s metal atleast

hhmm yeah i might have confused 10th and 8th scales .i don't do land rc anymore but when i seen this i was like what?i thought arrma always used metal drives .all the 8th scales i had were .

Stupid I think. How can you make such great products when it comes to 8th scale then put plastic in your 10th scales. Hell I have a 10th sxale redact and it’s metal atleast

Have you been away? They've had plastic in their 1/10 scales for a while. This isn't something new.

These vehicles are aimed at the novice RC owner. They need to be kept somewhat affordable. If it were all metal they could cost $400. The goal is to get someone in the door per se and then hook them on the brand. Then the next truck they buy is an Arrma 1/8th scale. We all know how addicting this hobby is once you start. So it's easier to get someone to start at $300 than $500.

These vehicles are aimed at the novice RC owner. They need to be kept somewhat affordable. If it were all metal they could cost $400. The goal is to get someone in the door per se and then hook them on the brand. Then the next truck they buy is an Arrma 1/8th scale. We all know how addicting this hobby is once you start. So it's easier to get someone to start at $300 than $500.
And the best part is they are cheaper than the stampede and rustler etc

And the best part is they are cheaper than the stampede and rustler etc

Exactly. Arrma needs to make smart business decisions. They got us already. They need new customers to survive. I have no problem with what they are doing. The Mega line was a failure. They sucked and would be a potential turnoff as the motor and servo fail immediately. For $70 more they now have decent entry level trucks.

Exactly. Arrma needs to make smart business decisions. They got us already. They need new customers to survive. I have no problem with what they are doing. The Mega line was a failure. They sucked and would be a potential turnoff as the motor and servo fail immediately. For $70 more they now have decent entry level trucks.

Yeah, this. Arrma needs a V2 Mega 4x4 with a decent power system ready for this Christmas season, if they want to redeem the line. As for the new BLX3s version - everything I have broke on my overpowered Mega has been upgraded in the BLX3s version, so hopefully it will be a winner. If it can be reliable with that 3660 motor they put in it, it could be a real winner, I think. Especially at $320.

And when people are ready for more truck that this - they have the BLX6s trucks waiting.

I guess I got lucky. Our mega servo is still going strong after 25-30 packs maybe. I just killed a traxxas 2075 in a stampede on like the 3rd pack. Also the brushed system only was in the truck for about 3 nimh packs and about 10 5kmah lipos but was still going strong when I yanked it.

Spot on, me and a pal are venturing into the “mid range” of electric RC after both getting a second hand Blitz Flux recently.

The only decision I need to make it which 3s BLX I go with, I love SCT but I’m leaning more towards the Big rock or granite over the Senton.

Spot on, me and a pal are venturing into the “mid range” of electric RC after both getting a second hand Blitz Flux recently.

The only decision I need to make it which 3s BLX I go with, I love SCT but I’m leaning more towards the Big rock or granite over the Senton.

If you love SCT's but want something a little different I would go with the Big Rock Crew Cab.

Yeah, I’m thinking of going that way, a tad more expensive than the Senton and Granite (not sure why) but not too bad.

Extra plastic..., got the length of the senton with the extra plastic and the driveline carrier that the granite doesn't have, and it has the wheelie bar the senton doesn't. Then more chrome for the bumpers. That's my guess.

To be honest, I don’t know what to expect really. It’s between the BR and the Senton. I’m going to be coming from a 2WD HPI Blitz Flux to one of these.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back