Arrma 1/8 Scale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Realism

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Looking to get an Arrma 1/8 scale for fun and bashing. Which would you suggest and why?

Last edited:
Welcome to AF.
I have been into RC for 35 years and much exper with other Kit racing brands for reference before I got into the Arrma RTR brand. For bashing, my first Arrma was an Outcast. Notorious is the same, just different body. I then got a Kraton, Same yet longer wheelbase. Shares 90% of the parts. It drives much better and easier to control. I have many Arrmas here now. Onroads also. All my rigs are 1/8 or 1/7 6s rigs.
I would recommend a Kraton V5 RTR for my first 1/8 rig. I don't know how much RC experience you have. So for 1/8, Kraton may be the best for your first. one. The Typhon RTR would be a second recommendation. I imagine you want a complete kit with radio and all. Bare rollers are available also. I don't know if you want to actually build your first one. EXB Kraton or Typhon TLRT are rollers. Just recently I got the TLRT. But I have a Multimodel radio for all my rigs. And run Hobbwing motor and ESC in it.
Others will chime in with their Ideas. I have 7 Arrmas in all, including the Mojave, my favorite so far. You may like that one also. I just don't jump with it and bash it as Hard as my 6s Kraton. Kraton may fit the bill for you. All these RC's will break. Any brand. Understand this and you will have fun bashing. As you drive better you will break less.
Good luck.:cool:

Last edited:
I really like the Typhon 3s but I'm not a huge basher yet...... haven't had the chance to get out there much with my Kraton EXB so my opinion may change. i have a 6s buggy of a different brand and that much power isn't for everybody but it sure is a blast.

Welcome to AF.
I have been into RC for 35 years and much exper with other Kit racing brands for reference before I got into the Arrma brand. For bashing, my first Arrma was an Outcast. Notorious is the same, just different body. I then got a Kraton, Same yet longer wheelbase. Shares 90% of the parts. It drives much better and easier to control. I have many Arrmas here now. Onroads also. All my rigs are 1/8 or 1/7 6s rigs.
I would recommend a Kraton V5 RTR for my first 1/8 rig. I don't know how much RC experience you have. So for 1/8, Kraton may be the best for your first. one. The Typhon RTR would be a second recommendation. I imagine you want a complete kit with radio and all. Bare rollers are available also. I don't know if you want to actually build your first one. EXB Kraton or Typhon TLRT are rollers. Just recently I got the TLRT. But I have a Multimodel radio for all my rigs. And run Hobbwing motor and ESC in it.
Others will chime in with their Ideas. I have 7 Arrmas in all, including the Mojave, my favorite so far. You may like that one also. I just don't jump with it and bash it as Hard as my 6s Kraton. Kraton may fit the bill for you. All these RC's will break. Any brand. Understand this and you will have fun bashing. As you drive better you will break less.
@SrC ...thanks for your response. I recently bought a Corally Shogun v2 and haven't had a chance to run it because I can't get the transmitter to bind to the car. I think it may be a bad reciever. This was the last one in the shop(display model) so I may be looking to buy another brand. From what I am seeing Arrma may be for me. Traxxas is equally as good but I am reading Arrma parts are easier to obtain. I will look into the Kraton and Typhon. I'm leaning more towards the Kraton. Stay tuned and I'll let you know what I get. If they can figure out my Shogun I may keep it. Videos on YouTube were CRAZY on that thing.

Welcome to AF.
I have been into RC for 35 years and much exper with other Kit racing brands for reference before I got into the Arrma brand. For bashing, my first Arrma was an Outcast. Notorious is the same, just different body. I then got a Kraton, Same yet longer wheelbase. Shares 90% of the parts. It drives much better and easier to control. I have many Arrmas here now. Onroads also. All my rigs are 1/8 or 1/7 6s rigs.

This ^^^

Kraton is the best all around basher for someone that want to get into "bigger than 1/10" bashing. It does everything well, great power, fast, handles good, jumps great, and is very tough. Other cars do other things better, but it is hard to beat the Kraton for an all around basher. Plus, every revision has fixed issues or upgraded the truck, so there are not any real 'flaws' that need to be addressed right away.

Typhon might be better if you like speed and agility, and might run on a track some. Same for Talion - it drives more like a track truggy vs a basher monster. Mojave might be better if you like the scale look of SCT's and you don't jump a lot. Outcast if all you want to do is jump and stunt. But the Kraton can do it all pretty good...

Last edited:
This ^^^

Kraton is the best all around basher for someone that want to get into "bigger than 1/10" bashing. It does everything well, great power, fast, handles good, jumps great, and is very tough. Other cars do other things better, but it is hard to beat the Kraton for an all around basher. Plus, every revision has fixed issues or upgraded the truck, so there are not any real 'flaws' that need to be addressed right away.

Typhon might be better if you like speed and agility, and might run on a track some. Same for Talion - it drives more like a track truggy vs a basher monster. Mojave might be better if you like the scale look of SCT's and you don't just a lot. Outcast if all you want to do is jump and stunt. But the Kraton can do it all pretty good...
Thanks Jerry!

To me it depends a lot on the type of terrain.
I once made this offroad scoring table for myself.

1640622421428.png

In the end i bought 'm all ;)

but I am reading Arrma parts are easier to obtain.

Parts availability is a region specific thing and kind of depends on what your local hobby shop stocks. Around here, it's all Traxxas and if you want same-day parts availability that's the only game in town.

My top three Arrma choices are the Kraton, Talion and Typhon. The Talion (truggy) is kind of the mix between the two and ended up being the choice for my first Arrma 6s vehicle.

Update...they couldn't figure out if it was the transmitter, reciever or servo...smh. That truck has to be shipped back to Corally. I bought the Kraton 6s BLX. It's raining outside so I won't run today but as soon as it's dry I'm on it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back