Arrma 12mm Wheel Hex Set AR310816 garbage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I thought these would be aluminum like the other Arrma hexes but they aren’t. They are cheap cast pot metal which is garbage. One of the hexes is chipped and I haven’t even opened them yet and another still has a bur from the casting.

Pot metal is brittle and barely machinable. Don’t waste your money.

They call it pot metal because it’s all of the scraps of various metal melted together in a pot. It’s junk and I’m better off with the stock plastic hexes. IMHO of course lol.

74692D44-48E7-4B39-801C-03A1D0FF1BC7.jpeg

392F6BDF-92E5-4110-B840-DF7FCA984540.jpeg

Are you saying they are made from a different material than the stock 14 mm hexes that come on the 3s trucks?

I have these, but haven't tried them yet. Need to find some 12 wheels and tires. Also have duratrax 12mm adapters.

I bought them too but they seem to fit very tight into 12mm hex wheels, anyways i am sending back as well.

For future record, Duratrax part number DTXC3596 is the part you want when buying 12mm hexes. These are actually machined aluminum and the same price.
i have a senton 3s blx wll the duratrax ones bolt right on and then i can use the pre mounted proline wheels from a slash?

For future record, Duratrax part number DTXC3596 is the part you want when buying 12mm hexes. These are actually machined aluminum and the same price.

Sorry for bringing back old thread. I purchased a set of these for my 3S as well however I'm having issues getting the HEX "click" into the drive pin (stock). Anyone else run into this issue with the Duratrax part?
IMG-7459.jpg

Sorry to revive an old thread.

My advice on these? don't bother!

I've literally had them on for just a few runs. Just happened to to go for a run this morning and notice severe wheel wobble on my 2 front tyres. Took them of to see that 2 of the hexes had basically disintegrated where the grub screw goes.

Ah well, back to stock tyre until I can find better
20200917_122139.jpg
20200917_122210.jpg
quality replacements

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back