Arrma 3D Models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
So I’m going to start modeling up my V4 Typhon. It’s going to be a slow process but I thought this could be something cool to start.

Maybe if we all work together we can knock these rigs out and eventually have an accurate model of each kit to work with.

We can dump the models on GrabCAD and share them.

I’m going to start on the Typhon chassis area and body.

I’ll see about creating a GrabCAD group or something.

Also, if the guys I work with have time I will have a 3D scan of the Typhon body shell. This should help with clearances. It will start out as dumb faces but I plan to have a good solid model eventually. There is a lot of contour and surface work so it will take me a while to do it.

Yesssss I like this plan. There are misc arrma parts on like Thingiverse but a lot of them are lacking design wise, mesh errors, and inconsistent collection (example: I can find Typhon front arms but not rears, or Outcast body posts but not the actual mounts). Will be nice to have someone scanning whole models and uploading a collection all together so people can get anything they need for said model.

It's a great idea to a certain extent... to model the whole rig just isnt necessary.. there are so many parts on these rigs that just wont work being 3d printed... the speed and power of these rigs just wont allow the use of frail parts... its definitely a cool cad project, but a major time killer for no actual return besides saying you did it...

My point is I would pick and choose what parts can be successfully printed and put into real world stresses... like a-arms for example, the only way to have a half way reliable part would be to print in taulman nylon, pla works but will break just as easy as the factory arms of not easier...

A part with no stress is ideal for 3d printing, ie. T bone hinge pin fix, shaft covers, mud gaurds, fan mounts etc...a part applied to stresses not so much, ie. Chassis, arms, bulkheads, bodies, etc....

Again, very cool project to have under the belt as a cad designer, but far from practical to put into use on certain things...

This isn’t really for just 3D printing. I think if the time were put in now it could be used for things that we don’t yet forsee. I know most of these parts would never withstand the abuse being printed. It would however be nice to have everything modeled on the chassis to be able to move things around to create new drawings and part and chassis layouts.

It’s not for everyone that is for sure.

Last edited:
I don't really do any complex modeling,but this is what I do at my day job (see picture). Take engineering drawings and make them more readable
text14261.png

Last edited:
I don't really do any complex modeling,but this is what I do at my day job (see picture). Take engineering drawings and make them more readable
View attachment 66047

Nice! There is a ton of work getting those exploded views to look right. Very tedious. What program do you use?

Also, I started on modeling up the Typhon body tonight. Roughed out the outer dimensions as a go-by. I think I’m going start off by just copying the original to freshen up on my surfacing skills. I don’t do this kind of modeling much anymore day to day so Im a little rusty. It’s just easier to do that by modeling something in front of you rather than trying relearn, design and think 20 steps ahead at the same time. Eventually I want to try my hand at vacuum forming. I will probably print the body I design and use that as die more or less.

Nice! There is a ton of work getting those exploded views to look right. Very tedious. What program do you use?

Also, I started on modeling up the Typhon body tonight. Roughed out the outer dimensions as a go-by. I think I’m going start off by just copying the original to freshen up on my surfacing skills. I don’t do this kind of modeling much anymore day to day so Im a little rusty. It’s just easier to do that by modeling something in front of you rather than trying relearn, design and think 20 steps ahead at the same time. Eventually I want to try my hand at vacuum forming. I will probably print the body I design and use that as die more or less.
The above drawing was done in Inkscape, at work I use a program called ISO draw made by PTC (pro-engennier/cero)

Wow!
Looks to be beyond the home diy budget...

Yeah, this was done at my work. That department didn’t have anything scheduled to be scanned this morning so they helped me out on it. I would imagine someone makes a consumer version for much cheaper for stuff like this. The scanner we have at work has way more features than a DIY’er would ever need lol

At least we know this model is accurate within microns ?

Cool! Did you ever get around to modelling the body? I would love to have something to work off of to print a custom body. I know it wouldn't hold up to bashing but it would be a fun project to design a custom body for road running and shelf queening

Bonjour,

avez-vous créé un atelier sur grabcad?

Je viens de commencer quelques pièces de mon Kraton 6s !!

Can anyone help me find a Kraton 6s v5 full 3d model? Please that would really help!
Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back