Arrma 3s BLX 3660 3200KV 4 POLE 3S BRUSHLESS MOTOR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok that video is not good at all and I'll give you 1 real good reason why! First off it doesn't show how to actually remove the bearings. On the bearing nearest the pinion gear side of the motor, what he said was correct. Take a small flathead and wedge it in that hold and hammer down in a circular fashion around the bearing and it'll eventually come out. for the SMALLER bearing, use tiny pieces of bread. Shove the bread into the bearing "hole" more and more and it'll pop the bearing out.

Now for the worst part of the video. DO NOT use a flathead screwdriver to hammer back in the bearings!!!! Use a 12mm socket or equivalent!!! It perfectly fits around the outer edge of the bearing and gets it to fit perfectly. I absolutely TRASHED a $13 ceramic bearing using the flathead screwdriver technique lol!

Ok that video is not good at all and I'll give you 1 real good reason why! First off it doesn't show how to actually remove the bearings. On the bearing nearest the pinion gear side of the motor, what he said was correct. Take a small flathead and wedge it in that hold and hammer down in a circular fashion around the bearing and it'll eventually come out. for the SMALLER bearing, use tiny pieces of bread. Shove the bread into the bearing "hole" more and more and it'll pop the bearing out.

Now for the worst part of the video. DO NOT use a flathead screwdriver to hammer back in the bearings!!!! Use a 12mm socket or equivalent!!! It perfectly fits around the outer edge of the bearing and gets it to fit perfectly. I absolutely TRASHED a $13 ceramic bearing using the flathead screwdriver technique lol!
Not my video. But I agree on all counts. But I also believe that sometimes you just have to screw something up in order to learn.

But to clarify; simply shoving bread into the hole will not release the bearing. It needs to be forced in. Use the motor spindle and a hammer(light but firm taps).

Back