Senton Arrma 3s senton or typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan00900

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I’m just looking for a little feedback on which truck I should get. I’ve done all my research and I know they have the same chassis and all that but I just wanted your guys opinion

The 3s senton in my opinion is much more beautiful than the typhon (In my opinion ple don't hurt me) but the typhon will fly through the air better for street racing typhon offroad and some street senton but i have the granitevso what do I know.

My opinion is based mostly on looks as I think that short course trucks look flipping stupid, I say go with the Typhon. A short course truck is the only style of rc I don't and won't have, even when I was looking at getting a Tekno SCT410 I was going to make it either a rally car or a SCB.

My opinion is based mostly on looks as I think that short course trucks look flipping stupid, I say go with the Typhon. A short course truck is the only style of rc I don't and won't have, even when I was looking at getting a Tekno SCT410 I was going to make it either a rally car or a SCB.
Really? I love scts each to their own :)

Thanks, I’m also kinda thinking about a Kraton but that’s pretty expensive for me right now

Another plus with the Typhon is it already comes with 17mm hubs, different body and bumpers toss on some Proline 2.8 bandlands and you have a killer MT.

I vote Typhon as well. There is just something about the giant SC body on a small chassis that bothers me. I am not a SCT fan either. If my Senton disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't miss it, LOL.

Well, the style is a personal thing, but other than that they have some pros and cons between them

The Senton with this body that protect the wheels when you cart wheel, and those big bumpers... add to this the more flexible and shorter arms, you get a car that is more durable. I say if you prefer to do more "stupid stuff" with the car, or plan to let kids drive it, then the Senton has an advantage.

The Typhon on the other end, with the wider stance and lower CG (because of the body), and the stiffer arms as well, deliver more precise and sportive feel, if you like your car to handle good, then the Typhon have an advantage in that area.

The Senton is faster, it has few more mph's of top speed (44 vs 51 i believe). It is geared higher, which can be done due to the more open and vented body. If you gear the Typhon the same way the motor will get too hot.

The Typhon have more wheel selection. It uses standard 1/8 buggy wheels, which is easier and cheaper to find. If you love to try multiple tires, then the Typhon have that..

I have both 3s rigs, stock for stock senton just for the shear speed, but modded I prefer my truggified Typhon its a beast for all out bashing.

Hi guys I’m just looking for a little feedback on which truck I should get. I’ve done all my research and I know they have the same chassis and all that but I just wanted your guys opinion

Hi Nathan,
Good question.
My son has already a Mega and I will go for a Typhon 3s for him for the next track season. He does not want anymore his Mega... :) (Mega will be laboratory/brushless) And I don't want to go too fast with an used RC8.e or TLR 8-e. (not the same basic price, too)

For a lightweight "plastic wrap" (less than 6 pounds), I am still impressed by what Aussie PG (YouTube) did in the air (control) with this plastic chassis. For my son, and his skill, I think the Typhon 3s is a correct step.

For the Senton 3s, you can have a pretty good run on SCTE track. From what I saw 2 weeks ago, the stock Senton 3s has been pretty good (versus all the competitors; TLR, HPI, Traxxas,...) at local track (SCTE) and for the tag price (300$CAN.- local agressive dealer) is nearly a bang for the buck;

Conclusion; have both! :) I mean 1 brand new and check local ads for the other one used (easy pieces access) I have changed nearly everything since last year on Mega...
PL

These are the dimensions of the Proline body

Length:
22.3" (565mm)
Width at doors:
10.3" (260mm)
Width at fenders:
13.3" (337mm)
Height:
5.5" (140mm)
Wheelbase:
13.0" (330mm)

These are the dimensions of the Senton
LENGTH558mm / 21.97"
WHEELBASE327mm / 12.87"
RIDE HEIGHT32mm / 1.26"
FRONT WIDTH298mm / 11.73"
REAR WIDTH298mm / 11.73"
HEIGHT208mm / 8.19"
BODY LENGTH538mm / 21.18"
BODY WIDTH297mm / 11.69"
BODY HEIGHT154mm / 6.06"

Idk it might?

These are the dimensions of the Proline body

Length:
22.3" (565mm)
Width at doors:
10.3" (260mm)
Width at fenders:
13.3" (337mm)
Height:
5.5" (140mm)
Wheelbase:
13.0" (330mm)

These are the dimensions of the Senton
LENGTH558mm / 21.97"
WHEELBASE327mm / 12.87"
RIDE HEIGHT32mm / 1.26"
FRONT WIDTH298mm / 11.73"
REAR WIDTH298mm / 11.73"
HEIGHT208mm / 8.19"
BODY LENGTH538mm / 21.18"
BODY WIDTH297mm / 11.69"
BODY HEIGHT154mm / 6.06"

Idk it might?
Noo im talking bout the granite sorry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back