Senton Arrma 3s thicker 6mm motor plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
I didn't see specifics on this info posted anywhere, so I thought I'd share. This is for part ARA311106, the new "6mm" motor plate. If i understand correctly, it's the new normal that's shipped on the 3s rigs. I ordered this after bending my standard 5mm motor plate (running a 4068 surpass motor), probably happened at the skate park.

While it doesn't quite measure up to 6mm thick (5.77mm in the pictures), there is increased material elsewhere. Crucially, the hole for the pinion is now smaller, meaning less material was remove from the inner walls for the motor shaft penetration. I know my measurement probably isn't super accurate, but I calculate roughly 40% more material with the 6mm plate vs the 5mm plate where bending usually occurs. Hopefully that means it's better in the long run!

While I think the thicker plate will help (a 7075 version of this would be quite stout!), I also plan to run some sort of DIY brace forward in the chassis to reduce stress and prevent bending the motor plate. I'll update with the results!

20220325_175616.jpg

20220325_175652.jpg

20220325_191517.jpg

20220325_191608.jpg

20220325_191526.jpg

20220325_191619.jpg

20220325_191841.jpg

20220325_191855.jpg

Thank you! I hope they hold up better.

I didn't see specifics on this info posted anywhere, so I thought I'd share. This is for part ARA311106, the new "6mm" motor plate. If i understand correctly, it's the new normal that's shipped on the 3s rigs. I ordered this after bending my standard 5mm motor plate (running a 4068 surpass motor), probably happened at the skate park.

While it doesn't quite measure up to 6mm thick (5.77mm in the pictures), there is increased material elsewhere. Crucially, the hole for the pinion is now smaller, meaning less material was remove from the inner walls for the motor shaft penetration. I know my measurement probably isn't super accurate, but I calculate roughly 40% more material with the 6mm plate vs the 5mm plate where bending usually occurs. Hopefully that means it's better in the long run!

While I think the thicker plate will help (a 7075 version of this would be quite stout!), I also plan to run some sort of DIY brace forward in the chassis to reduce stress and prevent bending the motor plate. I'll update with the results!

View attachment 209103

View attachment 209104

View attachment 209105

View attachment 209106

View attachment 209107

View attachment 209108

View attachment 209109

View attachment 209110
It is much sturdier than stock. I’ve been running one hard on Old Yeller (my hybrid typhon build thing) and it’s been solid.

2AEFFB3E-D603-46FB-B389-6B04FB9A31C7.jpeg

Thanks for sharing....just what I was looking for.
Is it possible to buy just the motor mount...without the plastic case?

I hate countless of those on the v1... until i added a thone racing rear typhon bumper on the front. Ever since i did that never bent again... i have that on my v2 now. I must make sure it never breaks. Cant get new ones. Why cant arrma make a real bumper. A tiny plastic spring with a 5mm gap aint going to do poop... the 4s rigs are 2 lbs lighter than the 6s Trucks

View attachment 209103

View attachment 209104

View attachment 209105

View attachment 209106

View attachment 209107

View attachment 209108

View attachment 209109

View attachment 209110
Cool, I didn't know they were including these in all the 3s cars now. Thought it was only the vendetta/infraction and 4s. 👍👍

Cool, I didn't know they were including these in all the 3s cars now. Thought it was only the vendetta/infraction and 4s. 👍👍
Unfortunately it’ll be a while before the new motor mount catches up with the regular 3S line, since so many are already manufactured and out there. But yes, they have stopped making the old mount. You have to be careful when you buy one though, because there’s still quite a lot of them out there for individual sale.

Unfortunately it’ll be a while before the new motor mount catches up with the regular 3S line, since so many are already manufactured and out there. But yes, they have stopped making the old mount. You have to be careful when you buy one though, because there’s still quite a lot of them out there for individual sale.
But the good thing is that when the 5mm plate does bend on your new truck, you can just turn around and get a replacement through warranty. And the replacement is very likely to be the 6mm one.

But the good thing is that when the 5mm plate does bend on your new truck, you can just turn around and get a replacement through warranty. And the replacement is very likely to be the 6mm one.
🤔 I totally feel like testing that for fun and frolic. I’ve still a couple of cars less then 2 years old and numerous bent stock mounts that I never bothered to warranty.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back