Arrma 4s, CNC diff vs powdered metaled diff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbbbbb66

I’m faster then you🥇
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Talion
  9. Typhon 3s
Here's my question, I'm upgrading my V1 OC4s and I need metal diffs so should I go with the RTR ones from Jennys or EXB CNC ones from amain/LHS.

RTR ones are going to be $110 and CNC ones $107 but CNC ones don't come with internal gears.

I'm want the best value for money.

Thanks for any advice!

Here's my question, I'm upgrading my V1 OC4s and I need metal diffs so should I go with the RTR ones from Jennys or EXB CNC ones from amain/LHS.

RTR ones are going to be $110 and CNC ones $107 but CNC ones don't come with internal gears.

I'm want the best value for money.

Thanks for any advice!
Get the V2 ones from Jennysrc. My buddy did and it is much more durable than the all metal V1.

Get the V2 ones from Jennysrc. My buddy did and it is much more durable than the all metal V1.
Okay, thanks.

Why are the V2 ones better?

Not doubting you, just want to know for knowledge.

Thanks.

Okay, thanks.

Why are the V2 ones better?

Not doubting you, just want to know for knowledge.

Thanks.
Main and input gears much thicker. 1.35 mod. Also better material. So far the output shaft gears have held up better...not sure if they are stronger material...but seem to be.

Main and input gears much thicker. 1.35 mod. Also better material. So far the output shaft gears have held up better...not sure if they are stronger material...but seem to be.
Makes sense, thanks.

Makes sense, thanks.
Also they seem much easier to service. Seems like a minor detail, but means a lot to me. The design on the main on the end cap seems much easier to set in place with the seal.
1661910215888.png

I would hope so for $150 a set! Add in the HR Yokes and your at $216 in diffs still running a slipper.. I mean the entire Typhon 6s has gone on sale for $399 a few times for perspective..

They seem like great upgrades but once you start down that path 😅.. I still run plastic diffs and do have a failure here and there.

I would hope so for $150 a set! Add in the HR Yokes and your at $216 in diffs still running a slipper.. I mean the entire Typhon 6s has gone on sale for $399 a few times for perspective..

They seem like great upgrades but once you start down that path 😅.. I still run plastic diffs and do have a failure here and there.
Yes, but Outcast 4s V1 is a different kind of fun. IMHO

Blew another rear plastic diff on the Granite.... Thinking about one of these metal diffs for the rear, when the slipper goes full tilt the rear diff really takes a beating. 😑

Looks like people like the 4S Powdered Metal Diff, go for that one over the CNC 3S diffs (slightly more $)? Can anyone comment on how their new 4S diffs are holding up against the test of bashing?

Thanks!

Blew another rear plastic diff on the Granite.... Thinking about one of these metal diffs for the rear, when the slipper goes full tilt the rear diff really takes a beating. 😑

Looks like people like the 4S Powdered Metal Diff, go for that one over the CNC 3S diffs (slightly more $)? Can anyone comment on how their new 4S diffs are holding up against the test of bashing?

Thanks!
Diffs are still fine. No issues. Have the Outcast V2 and Kraton V2. Both are still running great.

Thanks!
I dropped one of those new 4s diff (bought from JRC) on my 3s Senton, it's been perfect. When I first rebuilt my composite diffs, I could never get them to spin without binding, I had to really loosen both screws on the yoke to make it spin smoothly. The 4s diff seems very well made, good tolerances. I mounted it on the stock composite yokes, tightened down the screws, and it spun very smoothly.

I did notice it is quite heavier than the stock composite diff, so I decided to change out the composite spur gear to an Arrma metal one, thinking the composite one would be more prone to stripping trying to spin a heavier diff.

So far so good! Keep in mind it will change the "soundtrack" of your RC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back