Kraton Arrma 6 cell Mojave Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawjohn101

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Good Day,

On February 25th, 2020 (two and a half) months ago, I purchased a Arrma Mojave truck from RC Country in Sacramento, CA.
I have about twelve runs on the truck now and it keep shutting down for no reason. This seems to happen about 100 feet from the radio "Most of the time". After letting it sit for a minute or two it comes back to life, then stops again. The ESC and fan seem to be ok and it is not running hot. I checked the receiver and antenna and both seem to be ok from a visual inspection.

I have been in the rc world flying airplanes for over 30 years, but I'm new to the rc truck world and not sure what is happening. If I was to guess I would say it is either the ESC, Receiver or the Radio that came with the truck!

What can we do about this problem and get my truck running again?

Thank You in advance, and Best Regards,
John White

Good Day,

On February 25th, 2020 (two and a half) months ago, I purchased a Arrma Mojave truck from RC Country in Sacramento, CA.
I have about twelve runs on the truck now and it keep shutting down for no reason. This seems to happen about 100 feet from the radio "Most of the time". After letting it sit for a minute or two it comes back to life, then stops again. The ESC and fan seem to be ok and it is not running hot. I checked the receiver and antenna and both seem to be ok from a visual inspection.

I have been in the rc world flying airplanes for over 30 years, but I'm new to the rc truck world and not sure what is happening. If I was to guess I would say it is either the ESC, Receiver or the Radio that came with the truck!

What can we do about this problem and get my truck running again?

Thank You in advance, and Best Regards,
John White
What radio comes with the truck? Is it an STX2? I have one but I gave the radio to the shop. I never use RTR radios.

If it's the STX2, I'd call Horizon Hobby and tell them what's going on. Ask for an STX3. The 2 has been discontinued.

What radio comes with the truck? Is it an STX2? I have one but I gave the radio to the shop. I never use RTR radios.

If it's the STX2, I'd call Horizon Hobby and tell them what's going on. Ask for an STX3. The 2 has been discontinued.

Yep, I have the ST2. Sent Horizon Hobby support team my information and they replied with five minutes. They are sending me a new radio system to start the trouble shooting. A+++ for Horizon Hobby in my books.
Thank you as well for the quick reply as well. Hope it is just a radio problem!

JW

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back