Arrma 6s, Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shocks upgrades and information.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Staff member
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Typhon 3s
-update July 25th 2019-
Over the next few days I will be updating this thread with info on the 1/10 models as I can.

I felt like all of this info should be in one place instead of spread out over multiple threads.

Arrma 6s shocks information.
The Arrma 6s shock eye to eye measurements are listed in post #2.

Since the release of the V3 vehicles the Tekno shock information is pretty much moot at this point. If you already have a V3+ vehicle there is really no need to get Tekno shocks for your vehicle. The stock V3 springs are also longer and stiffer than the Tekno orange springs, so don't buy Teknos thinking you will get better springs than stock because you won't. If you have a V2 and are looking for an upgrade get V3 shocks.

Please feel free to add any and all info that you can to this thread.

This post is a work in progress, new info will be added as it is found.

Whenever working with shocks it is always a good idea to have a pair of shock shaft pliers, there is a Tekno set listed further down that works really well and is made extremely well, but it is rather expensive, for those who are on a bit of a budget you can always get these Trackstar shock tools https://hobbyking.com/en_us/shock-tools.html I have this set and have used it a lot it makes shock assembly/disassembly so much nicer. Another nice tool to have around is a shock caddy/stand for when you are filling your shocks. Many companies make these so there are many options https://www.google.com/search?q=rc+shock+stand&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS831US831&sxsrf=ACYBGNR2MXgC99gFOA7HRnY8rELATvQ7Eg:1569550914151&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_lsfl-O_kAhVnJDQIHZtID34Q_AUIFygA&biw=2560&bih=888

What you need to put Tekno rod ends on your Arrma shocks. Installing these is just like installing any other shock red end, grip the shock shaft with your shock shaft pliers
  • Tekno Locking Shock Rod Ends TKR6140B
  • Tekno Rc Aluminum 6.8mm Pivot Balls TKR5049A

We have how to fit Tekno shocks.
You can get the kitted Tekno shocks from eBay.

You also need.
  • 2x Tekno shock standoffs TKR5527.
  • 4x M4 nylon lock nuts.
  • 4mm drill bit to drill out your shock towers.
  • blue thread lock.
  • shock oil of your choice.
  • TKR1115 (optional but recommended).
  • Everything below this line is for V1-V2 or 2014-2017 models, 2018+ models disregard this section.
  • Arrma Shock Springs 85mm 6.2 lbs/in AR330507
  • Arrma Shock Springs 95mm 5 lbs/in AR330508
  • Or
  • Tekno Shock Springs Orange 1.6x7.5T 6.11 lbs/in
    80mm TKR6093
  • Tekno Shock Springs Orange 1.6x9T 90mm 4.8 lbs/inTKR6083
Optional parts.
  • TiNi Coated Shock Shafts front for ET48.3(rear for SCT410) TKR6017T
  • TiNi Coated Shock Shafts front for SCT410 TKR6004T
  • TiNi Coated Shock Shafts rear TKR6061T
  • Tekno CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set TKR6146
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6050: 10x1.1mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6051: 8x1.3mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6052: 10x1.2mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6053: 8x1.4mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6054: 10x1.3mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6063: 6x1.5mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6064: 6x1.6mm
  • CNC Delrin Tapered Shock Pistons TKR6159 4x1.8mm
  • CNC Delrin Tapered Shock Pistons TKR6160 blank
  • Aluminum Vented Shock Caps TKR6003
  • Emulsion/Vented/Standard Shock Caps TKR8702
The kits for the MT410, E/NB48, E/NT48 will fit the Kraton, Outcast and V1/V2 Talion.

There are some differences in the kits as well.
  • The MT410 kit has composite shock caps, cartridge caps and shock collars.
  • The E/NB48 and E/NT48 kits come with aluminum shock caps, cartridge caps and shock collars.
  • The MT410 kit comes with molded pistons only.
  • The E/NB48 and E/NT48 kits come with cnc pistons and molded pistons.
  • The E/NB48 machined pistons are different from the E/NT48 pistons.
  • The springs with the E/NB48 shocks are different from the MT410 and E/NT48 shocks.
  • The MT410 and E/NT48.3 come with green rate springs.
  • The E/NB48.4 comes with black rate low frequency springs in front and orange rate low frequency springs in rear.
  • The spring perches on the E/NB48 shocks are shorter than the MT410 and E/NT48.
  • Shock bodies are different colors.
  • The E/NT48.3 come with none vented shock caps
  • The E/NB48.4 come with Emulsion/vented/none-vented shock caps
  • Tekno fronts are 3mm longer than the Arrma fronts.
  • Tekno rears are 5mm shorter than the Arrma rears most of this is do to the rod ends.
The Shocks for the SCT410 the rears will work for the front of the Kraton, Outcast and V1/V2 Talion, the fronts are too short. They however may work with the Senton or Typhon, I do not know for sure as I am not sure the size of the shocks on the Senton or Typhon. @chevys10zr2003 bought some for his Senton and I haven't asked him yet how they fit.

If upgrading the shocks on a Kraton, Outcast or V1/V2 Talion I would say go with the E/NT48 shocks go with the E/NB48.4 shocks if you want emulsion shocks.

The E/NB48.3 shock kits will most likely not come back into stock as the 48.3 has been superseded by the 48.4.

And I shouldn't have to say this but the EB410 shock kits will obviously not work for the 1/8th scale stuff.

Official Tekno shock build video

Official Tekno emulsion shock build video

Tekno Truggy Spring Rate Chart

Just to show the color differences in the shocks.

From left to right MT410, NB48.3, Arrma Outcast front and rear & Tekno ET48.3

Tekno MT410 front vs Arrma Outcast front.

Tekno ET48.3 vs Outcast rear.

More threads about the Tekno shocks.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/broke-a-rear-shock-shaft-lost-my-mind-bought-tekno-full-option-shocks.4120/
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/tekno-shocks-on-kraton-i-had-no-idea.4064/
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/why-you-too-need-tekno-shocks.4074/

Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shocks.

• Stock front shocks for the Mega and BLX 3s are 100mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the Mega and BLX 3s are 115mm eye to eye.
  • Stock front shocks for the 4s models are 106mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the 4s models are 121mm eye to eye.
As we all know the 1/10 4x4 lineup of shocks leak really bad, when they aren't leaking they actually work very well.

@Camaroboy383 Had this to say and also found a nice mod to fix the shocks.

The issues with the 3s and 4s shock line is the way they are manufactured for assembly.. the o-ring housing has a lid that snaps on to compress the o-rings, the pressure exerted on the o-rings is not enough to properly seal the shaft.. a washer or two can be added to the assembly under the plastic cap to compensate and add more pressure... only so much pressure can be added before the cap doesn't latch anymore, wish they had molded a land for the cap to sit against when tightening, many of the leaky shock issues we see wouldnt be a problem.. the hr shock bodies do incorporate the land machined into the body to provide adequate pressure for sealing, as well as nice o-rings...

That being said my biggest gripe about the 4s and 3s line isnt the leaking, its the shock shafts with the molded rod ends... 🤦‍♂️ I'm waiting on some standard style 4mm shafts, and will be using the nero 6s rod ends and spring perches...it will be so nice to just unscrew the rod end and install a new one.. (if they even break anymore)

Another thing to note if changing the shafts or switching to the hr bodies is that the land for the piston is not deburred from the factory.. they have an extremely sharp hard edge and can tear the o-rings on assembly if not careful... I typically take some 800-1000 grit and knock back that hard edge so I know for sure no matter what they wont tear at the o-ring..

View attachment 57745

Here is a fix from @Camaroboy383 for the molded shock rod end problem https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3s-and-4s-guys-solution-to-molded-rod-ends.17061/

Here are some options for other shocks.

Hot Racing Shocks 3s models.

YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Two 2) rear shock bodies
- Two 2) Screw-on o-ring cap eliminates the plastic seal retainer
- Two (2) aluminum spring adjusters/collars
REQUIREMENTS:
- Silicone shock oil, assembly, bleeding, and installation per Arrma recommendations
- Existing stock shock components
Hot Racing shocks 4s models are the same as the 3s models just different size.

Arrma Typhon 6s shocks -
The best place to source these is from JennysRC.
For the Arrma Typhon shocks you will need something to take up the slack in the upper mount most use either steel balls out of shock rod ends or nitro fuel line.

HSP Shocks -
A lot of people have used these shocks with great results. They are HSP Front 81003 and HSP Rear 81002 shocks. These will also require either the steel balls or nitro fuel line to take up the space in the upper mount. Remember that these are cheap Chinese shocks, they work okay but do not expect much for quality.
Big Bore eBay shocks -
Cheap ebay shocks these also need either steel balls or fuel line in the top. These shocks do not have bladders and can be a bit tricky to bleed, some users have had issues with the stock pistons having too small of holes, the rod ends are pretty poor and they tend to leak.
Trackstar Shocks - these appear to now be discontinued
Springs that come with these are rather stiff for the 3s line and should be swapped out to whichever spring of your choice. They may work for the 4s models I have not tested them yet. And again will need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
Basher Sabertooth shocks -
Also need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
Hot Bodies shocks -
Rather expensive you will want to change out the springs. Also need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
ZD Racing Shocks -

Tekno Racing Shocks -

For 3s models you will want the shocks off the SCT410. Differences between these kits are listed above.
For the 4s models you will want MT410, E/NT48.3 or E/BNB48.4 shocks.

For the upper mount when using other shocks on your Mega, 3s or 4s model use Axial part number AXA1356 https://www.amazon.com/Axial-AXA1356-Silicone-Shock-Bushing/dp/B0051W7R1M

Last edited:

chevys10zr2003

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Senton, Typhon 6s
Thanks for calling me to this thread @slick2500, and thank you for all of the information. I ended up going with SCT410.3 front shocks for the front and ET48.3 front shocks for the rear of my Typhon. I did have to Dremel a very little bit on the opening on the outside for the front A arms to get the larger rod end to fit, but I don’t think it will affect durability with how little I took out.

Screenshot_20180721-101328_Gallery.jpg

I have wanted to compile a list of all of the Tekno shocks and all of the Arrma shocks for awhile since I couldn’t find one place with all of the information when I was looking. I will need some help completing the list since I don’t own all of the vehicles or any of the new V3 Arrmas. I will update this list as I get more measurements from people. Keep in mind that the dimensions aren’t 100% accurate as you can change the eye to eye dimension by how far you turn the plastic eye onto the bottom, but they are close and I would say within 1-2mm either way.

Tekno has 3 different shock lengths (measured center of eye to center of eye and measurements taken from the Tekno website):

107mm: SCT410.3 front, EB48SL front
122mm: ET48.3 front, NT48.3 front, EB48.4 front, NB48.4 front, MT410 front, SCT410.3 rear, EB48SL rear
137mm: ET48.3 rear, NT48.3 rear, EB48.4 rear, NB48.4 rear, MT410 rear

Now, here is where I need help. Arrma center of eye to center of eye isn’t clearly defined in the descriptions since they list the shock shaft length in the description. Also, I am not sure if any of the lengths changed when they went to the new 4mm shock shafts, so I have listed them out separately. I have listed the shock shaft part numbers and the eye to eye lengths that I know and have question marks for the ones I do not know. Any help completing this would be greatly appreciated and I’m sure will help somebody out when they are looking to upgrade their shocks.

Arrma Kraton V1 & V2:
Front: AR330195 119mm
Rear: AR330251 142mm

Arrma Kraton V3:
Front: AR330490 114mm
Rear: AR330481 134mm

Arrma Outcast V1:

Arrma Outcast V2:
Front: AR330490 114mm
Rear: AR330481 134mm

Arrma Talion V1 & V2:

Arrma Talion V3:
Front: AR330496 107mm
Rear: AR330497 124mm

Arrma Typhon V1 & V2:
Front: AR330207 105mm
Rear: AR330195 119mm

Arrma Typhon V3:
Front: AR330477 107mm
Rear: AR330479 120mm

Arrma Senton 6S BXL V1 & V2:
Front: AR330376 101mm
Rear: AR330207 105mm

Arrma Senton 6S BLX V3:
Front: AR330510 ??
Rear: AR330512 ??

Edit #1 - updated Talion V3 per @capflya.

Edit #2 - updated Typhon V3 per @Mongoose

Edit #3 - updated Kraton V3 and Outcast V2 per @animal63518 & @bicketybam.

Last edited:

Snoprosledneck88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, , 4x4-Mega
Lots of info here, thank you! Can any of these parts fit in the Arrma v3 shocks? Like the tin shafts or maybe some of the delrin stuff? Would be cool but I imagine it’s pretty unlikely.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Staff member
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Typhon 3s
Lots of info here, thank you! Can any of these parts fit in the Arrma v3 shocks? Like the tin shafts or maybe some of the delrin stuff? Would be cool but I imagine it’s pretty unlikely.
The only thing I know for sure that fits the V3 shocks are the spring perches and the shock rod ends.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Staff member
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Typhon 3s
For the sake of this thread I took a 4mm drill bit to one of my OG Arrma shocks. This is what I now have.

Stock Arrma V1/V2 shock on left Tekno/Arrma Hybrid on the right.

This is how I assembled everything.
From let to right Arrma shock cap, Tekno M2.5 locknut, Tekno molded piston, Tekno shock shaft, Tekno oring, Tekno shock guide, Tekno oring, small flanged Tekno shock guide then Arrma cartridge cap. You do have to insert the shock shafts before fully tightening the cartridge cap otherwise it compresses the oring too much and you will be unable to get the shaft through the oring.

The big flanged shock guide won't fit.

The Tekno molded pistons fit on the Arrma V1/V2 shock shafts.

capflya

Reaction score
The V3 Talion shocks are darn close to the SCT shocks. I think I'll pick some up to try out.

chevys10zr2003

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Senton, Typhon 6s
The V3 Talion shocks are darn close to the SCT shocks. I think I'll pick some up to try out.
Yeah the 2mm difference isn't going to make a big deal. Just make sure to adjust the droop screws so that the shocks don't try to overextend. And honestly, if you could get the equivilant buggy or truggy shocks, they come with metal caps, collars and delrin pieces. The SCT ones come with plastic.

capflya

Reaction score
Yeah the 2mm difference isn't going to make a big deal. Just make sure to adjust the droop screws so that the shocks don't try to overextend. And honestly, if you could get the equivilant buggy or truggy shocks, they come with metal caps, collars and delrin pieces. The SCT ones come with plastic.
I noticed that. The sct shocks are half the price almost so it might be worth it to me to just get the sct shocks and then find some aluminum caps.

Struggling because the arrma shafts aren't in stock right now so my talion has mismatched rear shocks just to make it work temporarily. I may try the Keaton shafts. They're only 2mm longer than the talion shafts so they would probably work.

jlitch

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
First post! Woo hoo!
Thanks for all the great info here, much appreciated and so helpful.

Question: when swapping to tekno shocks on talion v3, are we still running the 2000cst oil in the shocks or are we running them lighter? I will be using the nt48.3 Fronts on the Rear (122mm legth) and the TKR6151 Full option kit 107mm on the front

Nice shocks btw. Cant wait to get rid of the play in my suspension.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Staff member
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Typhon 3s
First post! Woo hoo!
Thanks for all the great info here, much appreciated and so helpful.

Question: when swapping to tekno shocks on talion v3, are we still running the 2000cst oil in the shocks or are we running them lighter? I will be using the nt48.3 Fronts on the Rear (122mm legth) and the TKR6151 Full option kit 107mm on the front

Nice shocks btw. Cant wait to get rid of the play in my suspension.
I think it depends on which pistons you are using, you might have to just play it by ear.

jlitch

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
Pretty firm on the comp&rebound with the 10x1.2 piston and stock fluid. I installed the rears and it was a bit of trial And error to fit with the standoffs mounted on the lower inside tower mount. Steep angle to the arm almost felt like i needed a longer ball end on the shaft. Ended up using the stock lower spring retainer and lower spring retainer spacer that came from the stock rear shocks to make a little more clearance and preload to the spring. The tekno parts are alot beefier but still have play in the lower ball and end. Bummed. Half the reason for getting these was to rid of some play. The top caps fit tight to the new perches which is very nice i also used a washer between the ball and the nut. To snug things down.

jlitch

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
update on the shocks for my Talion V3
tkr6151 on the front
NT48.3 Fronts on the Rear

Got the tekno standoffs TKR5527 for the front and rear to fit the tekno shocks as stated in original post. The SCT shocks (front 107mm) I got which were full upgrade kits do not come with the cap bushings to fit the standoffs so I had to order some TKR6007 nor do they come with the nuts fasten the caps to the standoff (m3 flanged Nut)

Also, you have to remove the lower spring carrier spacers off the stock shocks and run the stock lower carriers on front and rear, I ran the tekno ball ends but had to trim the spring carrier flange off them to fit the a-arm slot. The rear arms I trimmed a bit of the slot to be wider for the wider ball end to fit without binding.

These arent as build and play as they may seem. I put in 45 wt oil and they might need a bit more rebound damping but may be good for very rough surfaces that need tire bite and fast suspension.

Drtybird

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Thanks for calling me to this thread @slick2500, and thank you for all of the information. I ended up going with SCT410.3 front shocks and ET48.3 front shocks for the rear for the front of my Typhon. I did have to Dremel a very little bit on the opening on the outside for the front A arms to get the larger rod end to fit, but I don’t think it will affect durability with how little I took out.

View attachment 20635

I have wanted to compile a list of all of the Tekno shocks and all of the Arrma shocks for awhile since I couldn’t find one place with all of the information when I was looking. I will need some help completing the list since I don’t own all of the vehicles or any of the new V3 Arrmas. I will update this list as I get more measurements from people. Keep in mind that the dimensions aren’t 100% accurate as you can change the eye to eye dimension by how far you turn the plastic eye onto the bottom, but they are close and I would say within 1-2mm either way.

Tekno has 3 different shock lengths (measured center of eye to center of eye and measurements taken from the Tekno website):

107mm: SCT410.3 front, EB48SL front
122mm: ET48.3 front, NT48.3 front, EB48.4 front, NB48.4 front, MT410 front, SCT410.3 rear, EB48SL rear
137mm: ET48.3 rear, NT48.3 rear, EB48.4 rear, NB48.4 rear, MT410 rear

Now, here is where I need help. Arrma center of eye to center of eye isn’t clearly defined in the descriptions since they list the shock shaft length in the description. Also, I am not sure if any of the lengths changed when they went to the new 4mm shock shafts, so I have listed them out separately. I have listed the shock shaft part numbers and the eye to eye lengths that I know and have question marks for the ones I do not know. Any help completing this would be greatly appreciated and I’m sure will help somebody out when they are looking to upgrade their shocks.

Arrma Kraton V1 & V2:

Arrma Kraton V3:
Front: AR330490 ??
Rear: AR330481 ??

Arrma Outcast V1:

Arrma Outcast V2:
Front: AR330490 ??
Rear: AR330481 ??

Arrma Talion V1 & V2:

Arrma Talion V3:
Front: AR330496 107mm
Rear: AR330497 124mm

Arrma Typhon V1 & V2:
Front: AR330207 105mm
Rear: AR330195 119mm

Arrma Typhon V3:
Front: AR330477 ??
Rear: AR330479 ??

Arrma Senton 6S BXL V1 & V2:
Front: AR330376 101mm
Rear: AR330207 105mm

Arrma Senton 6S BLX V3:
Front: AR330510 ??
Rear: AR330512 ??

Edit #1 - updated Talion V3 per @capflya.