IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. Arrma 6s, Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shock information and upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the ZD Racing Shocks, just pick up the axial bushing linked in the first post and some nitro fuel line to adjust the height. Not sure what wt shock oil you should use as I have no personal experience with those shocks.

I used 45 weight front and 35 rear with the stock ZD Racing springs on one Granite and on the other I went with a spare set of Tekno SCT springs I had (Green front and Black rears I think) and went for 45 weight all around. Both perform well but the Tekno spring equipped Granite is the better performing of the 2.

I am using HSP 81002 & 81003 in my Granite. Thanks for this thread, they are great! Works on 100% and don't leak from the box. But I can't find anywhere shock rod ends on them. Any advice?

I am using HSP 81002 & 81003 in my Granite. Thanks for this thread, they are great! Works on 100% and don't leak from the box. But I can't find anywhere shock rod ends on them. Any advice?
Pretty much any 1/8th scale rod end should work. So far the only shocks that I have that don't use the standard 1/8th sale size are the Thunder Tiger shocks.

Hello,
Anyone tried these GPM Shocks on Aliexpress?
ARRMA 1/10 GRANITE/BIG ROCK Bold shock core aluminum alloy front shock absorber hole distance L=102MM ARRMA-AR330550
ARRMA 1/10 GRANITE/BIG ROCK Bold shock core aluminum alloy rear shock absorber hole distance L=115MM ARRMA-AR330551
ARRMA-1-10-GRANITE-BIG-ROCK-Bold-shock-core-aluminum-alloy-front-shock-absorber-hole-distance.jpg_640x640.jpg

ARRMA-1-10-GRANITE-BIG-ROCK-Bold-shock-core-aluminum-alloy-rear-shock-absorber-hole-distance.jpg

They are specifically designed for the Arrma 4x4 line and look to have good quality at a very low price.

I already ordered the ZD Racing shocks before seeing these and I am waiting for them. If I knew, I would ordered the GPM shocks. The ZDs' need some adjustments.

berturion - save your money for the Arrma 6s shocks brother!! I tried just about every shock on the market for my #3s Typhon and the only that I like when bashing are the ARRMA 6s shocks! The Big bore shocks & ZD Racing shocks are like comparing apples to orange in my personal opinion!

3s Typhon.jpg

Thank you @Uplift-RC . I already ordered ZD Racing shocks and the necessary stuff to adapt them. I also ordered some better o-rings (2.6mmx2mm and 8x1.5mm) that could prevent the original shocks to leak. I think I will try the o-rings first and if it doesn't work, try the ZD racing shocks. And if this is still does not work, go for these Arrma 6s shocks.

Thank you @Uplift-RC . I already ordered ZD Racing shocks and the necessary stuff to adapt them. I also ordered some better o-rings (2.6mmx2mm and 8x1.5mm) that could prevent the original shocks to leak. I think I will try the o-rings first and if it doesn't work, try the ZD racing shocks. And if this is still does not work, go for these Arrma 6s shocks.
@berturion - I also bought A pair of the ZD shocks as well, but they did not hold up on some of my landings! Thats why I had to go with the ARRMA 6s #Typhon shocks from Ted @ #JennysRC. In the video you will see that they hold up killer with zero leaks!

@berturion - I also bought A pair of the ZD shocks as well, but they did not hold up on some of my landings! Thats why I had to go with the ARRMA 6s #Typhon shocks from Ted @ #JennysRC. In the video you will see that they hold up killer with zero leaks!
What exactly failed on your ZD shocks?

Last edited:
What exactly failed on your ZD shocks?
The just leaked on me and the quality of them to the 6s ARRMA ones are apples to oranges in my opinion.
I also installed the GPM Racing c-hubs and front knuckles and a new HR Bellcrank to get rid of all of the slop.
IMG_5524.jpg

The just leaked on me and the quality of them to the 6s ARRMA ones are apples to oranges in my opinion.
I also installed the GPM Racing c-hubs and front knuckles and a new HR Bellcrank to get rid of all of the slop.
View attachment 96603
I've been looking at those GPM c hubs and knuckles for the front those do look nice, would like to know how the fitment is on them.

Uplift.... You are using "Apples to Oranges" wrong. That means they are as good as each other, just in different ways.

Berturion.... I just received and fitted the FD shocks to my son's Big Rock. They seem very good quality and solid as a rock to me. See my post on another thread.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...any-fix-or-possible-upgrade.27339/post-383704

Uplift, you must be bashing the crap out of them to get them to fail.

I wanted to order a set of 6S shocks but Typhon ones were too much, $115. Instead I'm trying Mojave 6S fronts (for the front) and Kraton 6s fronts (for the rear). That combo length is almost the same as typhon 6s. Then I bough typhon front/rear springs to get the match. Lets see how that goes. I didn't think to check if the Mojave shocks can take the typhon springs till just now :)

I wanted to order a set of 6S shocks but Typhon ones were too much, $115. Instead I'm trying Mojave 6S fronts (for the front) and Kraton 6s fronts (for the rear). That combo length is almost the same as typhon 6s. Then I bough typhon front/rear springs to get the match. Lets see how that goes. I didn't think to check if the Mojave shocks can take the typhon springs till just now :)
I reckon that will work quite well mate. Also can't comment on the springs, but I don't see any reason why not.

How did those shocks work out for you?? About to order a set from Jenny's!!!

Here is my shock setup :

Typhon 6S front shock set
SHOCK SET BORE:16mm, LENGTH:104mm PISTON: 8x1.2mm OIL:550cst
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA330623

Typhon 6S rear shock set
SHOCK SET BORE:16mm, LENGTH:117mm PISTON: 8x1.4mm OIL:550cst
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA330624

Kraton 4S / Outcast 4S front shock springs
SHOCK SPRINGS: 70mm 0.8N/mm (7.08lb/in)(2pcs)
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330532

Kraton 4S / Outcast 4S rear shock springs
SHOCK SPRINGS: 84mm 0.7N/mm (6.20lb/in)(2pcs)
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330533

+ AXA1356 Silicone Shock Bushing 7.5x8mm

+ Some 5mm inner diameter washers for the front arms.

And my gosh, it is amazing what this truck can now handle o_O:D

IMG_20201229_121405.jpg

Nice - just did the same with my BRCC! I did add a pair of shock boots to the Mojave fronts.

The Kraton fronts are a perfect match for the rear and the Mojave fronts are a tad longer but it seems to work fine.

Not bad for just under $50 ... and add a couple of bucks for the shock boots.

AF8F8FFD-AF1F-4289-B874-ECB14E2D43BB.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been looking at those GPM c hubs and knuckles for the front those do look nice, would like to know how the fitment is on them.
@slick2500 - The GPM racing C-hubs fit awesome and I am glad I made the upgrade...
Also, I installed a new HR Bell crank and now I have noticed that has taken out most of my slop.
She drives awesome for a 3s rig thats all beefed up 💪💪
Typhon w: GRPs.jpeg

Hey man!
I'm disassembling now my typhon and just wanted to let you know that the HR bellcrank didn't do much for the slop here and, after less than a year, it looks like this

IMG_1812.jpg

Hey man!
I'm disassembling now my typhon and just wanted to let you know that the HR bellcrank didn't do much for the slop here and, after less than a year, it looks like this

View attachment 123153
Worked for me but again it all depends on how you drive mate!!
Mine has been in for over a year with zero issues even know I dislike HR..
IMG_5524.jpg

Back