IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. Arrma 6s, Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shock information and upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So am I right in thinking the V4 Typhon will be the same as the V3 listed here?
I believe so. The only way to know for sure though is to go to Arrma's website and compare the part numbers for the shock bodies and shock shafts. I think the only thing that changed was the shock caps went back to being aluminum instead of plastic.

I believe so. The only way to know for sure though is to go to Arrma's website and compare the part numbers for the shock bodies and shock shafts. I think the only thing that changed was the shock caps went back to being aluminum instead of plastic.
This^

Oh and BTW your post has an error in it post number 2 in this thread. It says something like you used" SCT410 rear shocks ET48.3 fronts in the rear in the front. "

This^

Oh and BTW your post has an error in it post number 2 in this thread. It says something like you used" SCT410 rear shocks ET48.3 fronts in the rear in the front. "
My post says SCT410 front shocks and ET48.3 front shocks I believe. I used the SCT410 front shocks for the front of the Typhon and I used the ET48.3 or NT48.3 front shocks for the rear of the Typhon and I did have to dremel the front A arms very slightly to get the ends to fit but the rear was fine.

Arrma Typhon V1 & V2:
Front: AR330207 105mm
Rear: AR330195 119mm

107mm: SCT410.3 front, EB48SL front
122mm: ET48.3 front, NT48.3 front, EB48.4 front, NB48.4 front, MT410 front, SCT410.3 rear, EB48SL rear

Edit:
I see what you were talking about now. I had some words out of order. I have fixed it now. Thanks.

Yup, V3-v4 are compatible Only v4 are better. Aluminum caps, collars and lower caps.

I have Kraton fronts on the back of my Typhon with Techno springs. Heavier oil and the springs are different but the shocks are the same.

Big update. Now including information on the Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shocks.
I need eye to eye lengths of the BLX 4s shocks and the eBay Big Bore shocks if anyone can get them.

Big update. Now including information on the Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shocks.
I need eye to eye lengths of the BLX 4s shocks and the eBay Big Bore shocks if anyone can get them.
What the holy hell font is that?? ?

Ok quick question because there are so many missleading informations around that I'm loosing my mind.
I've a v2 talion with stock shocks, got bent shafts in the front. What can I do to fix this? From what I understand the talion V3/4 shocks are shorter and have a 4mm shaft.
I also found this on jennysrc https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...t-kraton-ar106044?_pos=5&_sid=f7014b8be&_ss=r
Description says it's a 3,5mm shaft and the exact same lenght of 64mm as my talion shocks. Is this correct info? Because I'd rather buy a whole set of shocks for $25 than 2 shafts for $10, can always use the spares for something.

Ok quick question because there are so many missleading informations around that I'm loosing my mind.
I've a v2 talion with stock shocks, got bent shafts in the front. What can I do to fix this? From what I understand the talion V3/4 shocks are shorter and have a 4mm shaft.
I also found this on jennysrc https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...t-kraton-ar106044?_pos=5&_sid=f7014b8be&_ss=r
Description says it's a 3,5mm shaft and the exact same lenght of 64mm as my talion shocks. Is this correct info? Because I'd rather buy a whole set of shocks for $25 than 2 shafts for $10, can always use the spares for something.
I believe that the V1 & V2 Talion use the same shocks as all generations of the Outcast, Notorious and Kraton. These would be 4mm shock shafts and I would say that the description is incorrect.

Yeah but then the v2 exploded view has this part, which exists and is 3.5mm diameter https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330195
Yes, the V2 models did have 3.5mm shock shafts. The ones in the V3 and newer are 4mm shafts. The part number and part description in the Jennysrc description did not get updated when Arrma switched them over. The are only selling shocks from the newest version, so they will be the 4mm shock shaft shocks.

You won't be able to use the shafts from the new shocks in your current shocks. You will need to use the new shocks as the come.

If you have a V1 or V2 Talion best bet is V3 or V4 Kraton shocks. Outcast/Notorious shocks are the same as the Kraton but will come with thicker oil.
The V1 and V2 Talion are much closer in design to the Kraton than they are to the V3 and V4 Talion.

I have checked the part lists for all the current models and they're all the same 4mm shafts so the description is indeed incorrect.
Thicker oil is not an issue, only the length. I will look after kraton shocks then.

Edit
I measured a set of ZD racing shocks that I bought for my senton 3s and the rear ones which are way too long for it are only 2-3mm longer eye to eye than the talion ones. They also have a 3,5mm shaft so I'll probably swap the shaft or maybe the whole thing apart from springs since they are turbo stiff.

Edit2
Maybe someone will find this information useful so I'm making an update:
I tried the zd racing shocks https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/32917237843.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.64a05c0fDlHu1G (talking about the rear ones) and the body of the shock is too long, which won't allow for bottoming out on big jumps and will lead to ripping something out most likely. I did however swap everything over to the stock arrma body. Seems to be working ok, bottoms out alright. We'll see how long it lasts. I used the zd racing spring aswell since my springs were "bent" and were scratching my dogbones.

Last edited:
I just got a response from the person selling these on ebay, they're too short"
lilzeus said:
Can you provide the measurement from eye-to-eye of the shock in millimeters? If they're right I might take a shot on these. :)
New message from: citysupermarket Top Rated Seller(3,219Red Star)
this is 90 and 100 mm long
There we go. 3s needs more options! :)

I just got a response from the person selling these on ebay, they're too short"

There we go. 3s needs more options! :)
Those are the measurements for the Traxxas shocks not the Arrma ones.

Those are the measurements for the Traxxas shocks not the Arrma ones.
Those are the measurements for the shocks provided in the link. Here is the full message exchange where you can see the title of the ad says "BIG BORE ALUMINUM Shock For Arrma Senton Granite Typhon 4x4 3s BLX 4x4":

Those are the measurements for the shocks provided in the link. Here is the full message exchange where you can see the title of the ad says "BIG BORE ALUMINUM Shock For Arrma Senton Granite Typhon 4x4 3s BLX 4x4":
View attachment 44707
So they just relabled the Traxxas shocks? Wow.

Guys what are you doing with the stand offs?

As I’ve found both Tekno and X-ray stand off are a slightly smaller diameter then the stock shock tower holes?

Guys what are you doing with the stand offs?

As I’ve found both Tekno and X-ray stand off are a slightly smaller diameter then the stock shock tower holes?
Standoffs for what?

Am I assuming that you are putting other shocks on a 1/8 Arrma?

If so the Tekno standoffs are M4 the holes in the shock towers are M3 so unless you bought the wrong standoffs or are trying to put them on backwards they are larger than the holes in the Arrma shock towers.

Sorry I meant Arrma and X-ray.

Yes I’m fitting X-ray XB8 shocks, I’ve updated my specific tread with pics.

Back