IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. Arrma 6s, Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shock information and upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1450.PNG

Oh well. I thought only the typhon shocks would be a direct fit in the 3s-4s linebecause everybody was telling me that
The Typhon shocks would be a direct bolt on no need to change anything, the shock oil and the springs on the Outcast would have to be replaced with different oil and Typhon springs anyway.

It's just more cost effective to do the Typhon shocks, the springs on the Outcast would have to be replaced with Typhon springs anyway.
Maybe. But does the stock springs of my 4s shock fit the 6s shocks?
And the typhon shocks sells out like in a hour or something when back in stock?

Maybe. But does the stock springs of my 4s shock fit the 6s shocks?
And the typhon shocks sells out like in a hour or something when back in stock?
If the inner diameter is greater than 16mm they should. But then what are you going to do about the front shocks?

If the inner diameter is greater than 16mm they should. But then what are you going to do about the front shocks?
Going to wait for the typhon 6s front ones because i found nothing who has the same eye to eye lenght exept the mojave front shocks who are 108mm but i don't want to be the guinea pig XD. Mesure the diametter of the spring and its 2mm of diameter
Or your talking the diameter from coil to coil who is 16mm
I got the hot racing 4s bodies but realised that im unable to buy any spare parts always had air in the system and for some reason when bleeding them i get metal stuff coming out that i can feel with my fingers
might only use them as backup stuff like this stresses me out becaus emy head fills up with question that i cant answer they might run fine but in my head they don't run fine

First post to the forum since joining.

Fresh set of the ZD Racing shocks installed on the Granite this morning. I will probably rebuild them in the near future to get some of my own oil in them. I can tell I am going to want some preload built in. Need to play with the turnbuckles to get my toe adjustment dialed in again as well. Overall really stoked. Instantly noticeable difference in the feel of the truck.

Attachments

• 20200203_085036.jpg
    20200203_085036.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20200203_085145.jpg
    20200203_085145.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 77
First post to the forum since joining.

Fresh set of the ZD Racing shocks installed on the Granite this morning. I will probably rebuild them in the near future to get some of my own oil in them. I can tell I am going to want some preload built in. Need to play with the turnbuckles to get my toe adjustment dialed in again as well. Overall really stoked. Instantly noticeable difference in the feel of the truck.
Did you take a pic of them next to the stock shocks? They look nice.

Has anyone tried fitting a granite blx with traxxas big bore shocks?? I've read a lot of good about them and they fit a stampede so would assume they also fit a granite? Typhon shocks are more pricey at my LHS so thought these might be a good compromise.

Has anyone tried fitting a granite blx with traxxas big bore shocks?? I've read a lot of good about them and they fit a stampede so would assume they also fit a granite? Typhon shocks are more pricey at my LHS so thought these might be a good compromise.
No because they are too short. 90mm iirc for the front and the rears are 100mm.

D3A0DDD5-A91E-4D4D-A220-4903E89B0CFD.jpeg

The rear ones could work for the front but the front ones are too short.

92hLhNr.jpg

I may have missed something but wanted to get clarification, for the Outcast 4s, are the Typhon 6s are direct bolt on's or is any change to the typhon shock required?

I may have missed something but wanted to get clarification, for the Outcast 4s, are the Typhon 6s are direct bolt on's or is any change to the typhon shock required?

Sort of. The length is correct, but the top hole is much larger and tab is skinny for the 4s tower mounting point. You have to come up with some solution to narrow the hole in the top mounting and fill the gaps. The stock 4s springs should swap over. The internal pistons that control the shock oil flow are different, you may need to change the weight of the shock oil to end up with the same tuning. With all that said, I think the HR bodies are a better solution for direct factory fit. If you don't like the stock rods with attached ends you can change to the Talion rods and ends for about the same money as replacing a pair of stock rods.

I have some new shocks incoming today for testing purposes if these work they will be a great option as they are only $9.99 a pair.
A lot of guys prefer the Talion shocks for the 4s models.
And I posted the part number and the link to the bushings that work in the upper mount at the bottom of the first post.

Last edited:
Back