IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. Arrma 6s, Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shock information and upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve found a new set oh big bore shocks that work well on my typhon 3s.
they’re the replacement shocks for the LRP S8 Rebel BX RTR 1:8 nitro buggy.

About 50€ the set

Attachments

• 58C07047-7D6D-425C-839E-11AA69F36095.jpeg
    58C07047-7D6D-425C-839E-11AA69F36095.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 1302AC0B-A604-48E0-9655-54457F6FF268.jpeg
    1302AC0B-A604-48E0-9655-54457F6FF268.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I’ve found a new set oh big bore shocks that work well on my typhon 3s.
they’re the replacement shocks for the LRP S8 Rebel BX RTR 1:8 nitro buggy.

About 50€ the set
Didn't LRP go the way of the dodo?
Do you have any eye to eye measurements for those?

I don’t know what that means ?

I’ll measure them soon!
The way of the dodo = (idiomatic) to go extinct or become obsolete; to fall out of common use or practice; to become a thing of the past
Now that wordprocessing has caught on, typewriters have gone the way of the dodo.

Oh sorry looks like I had missed a little bit of the news about LRP. I remember that they had filed for bankruptcy a few years back and were closing their doors, I missed the part about them starting up again.

Just to add a little info on the 3s shocks, the shaft measures 2.95mm on calipers, so basically a 3mm shaft. The lower end Traxxas vehicles also have 3mm shafts, so I'm going to try rebuilding my 3s shocks with the blue O rings from package TRA2362, of course readily available at local shops for a couple bucks, and rings made of silicone seems better. I picked up the larger O rings for the outer threaded part at a local hardware store. I feel like that is where most of the leakage was coming from, and it came loose much much easier then when I tried to unscrew my 4s shocks that are not leaking at all.

Just to add a little info on the 3s shocks, the shaft measures 2.95mm on calipers, so basically a 3mm shaft. The lower end Traxxas vehicles also have 3mm shafts, so I'm going to try rebuilding my 3s shocks with the blue O rings from package TRA2362, of course readily available at local shops for a couple bucks, and rings made of silicone seems better. I picked up the larger O rings for the outer threaded part at a local hardware store. I feel like that is where most of the leakage was coming from, and it came loose much much easier then when I tried to unscrew my 4s shocks that are not leaking at all.
Those aren't O rings they are x rings in the Traxxas rebuild kit. X rings are better anyway.

Part description for TRA2362

Rebuild kit, Ultra shocks (for 2 shocks)
The Traxxas Ultra Shock rebuild kit includes everything that is needed to rebuild two Ultra Shocks, as used by Slash, Rustler, Stampede and many other Traxxas models. The package includes silicone O-rings, rubber diaphragms, c-clips and spacers.

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/2362

Some more detalied measurements of some various models to add to the list can be found here:

https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/shocks.html

Last edited:
Part description for TRA2362

Rebuild kit, Ultra shocks (for 2 shocks)
The Traxxas Ultra Shock rebuild kit includes everything that is needed to rebuild two Ultra Shocks, as used by Slash, Rustler, Stampede and many other Traxxas models. The package includes silicone O-rings, rubber diaphragms, c-clips and spacers.

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/2362

Some more detalied measurements of some various models to add to the list can be found here:

https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/shocks.html
Technically they are x rings.
a453rwesteg.jpg

grafica-oring.jpg

So I rebuilt the shocks with one of the Traxxas rings at the bottom inside, and a thicker large ring on the outer threaded part. One thing I noticed was that the outer rings I got would leak if tightened too much, it would bulge out and create a gap. I just put them snug, and no leaks. Watching all 4, but they look great.

I put the rear Talion shocks with rear Kraton springs on my Outcast 4S as suggested. I have the Typhon 6S shocks and springs on the front. Not the front seems really soft. Should I change the springs on the front 6S Typhon shocks?

I put the rear Talion shocks with rear Kraton springs on my Outcast 4S as suggested. I have the Typhon 6S shocks and springs on the front. Not the front seems really soft. Should I change the springs on the front 6S Typhon shocks?

Kraton springs are 95mm, too long for 4s or the shocks you have. It will have preload before any adjustments. It's also pretty stiff, 5.0 rate vs. stock 4.0 rate. I would stick with the stock Talion springs for the rear, or go down a step to the Tekno TKR6083 that I'm running, which are 90mm Orange truggy shocks.

Stock Typhon front springs are way too soft. You're better off using the stock 4s springs on the front, or step up to the Tekno TKR6040 that I'm using, maybe even stiffer up front to even it out if you keep the back with the Talion springs.

Kraton springs are 95mm, too long for 4s or the shocks you have. It will have preload before any adjustments. It's also pretty stiff, 5.0 rate vs. stock 4.0 rate. I would stick with the stock Talion springs for the rear, or go down a step to the Tekno TKR6083 that I'm running, which are 90mm Orange truggy shocks.

Stock Typhon front springs are way too soft. You're better off using the stock 4s springs on the front, or step up to the Tekno TKR6040 that I'm using, maybe even stiffer up front to even it out if you keep the back with the Talion springs.
What about stock 4S springs that they came with all the way around with Talion 6S on the rear and Typhon 6S on the front. Referring to the 4S vehicles. All of my 3s have been fine with stock Typhon 6S set up all the way around.

Last edited:
What about stock 4S springs that they came with all the way with Talion 6S on the rear and Typhon 6S on the front. Referring to the 4S vehicles. All of my 3s have been fine with stock Typhon 6S set up all the way around.
Give er a shot if you have everything, it only takes a few minutes to swap springs around.

3s are definitely lighter with lighter springs. Might as well try the 4s springs on the different shocks and see if you like it. Try 50wt oil in the rear, but not sure how the 6s shock pistions play with the oil in comparison to the stock 4s pistons.

I’m running the K6S springs on Talion shafts on my K4S and it still droops about 5mm without preload, so I’m fine with that setup.

I’m running the K6S springs on Talion shafts on my K4S and it still droops about 5mm without preload, so I’m fine with that setup.
So I switched them out to stock 4S. No idea what I’m looking for but they seem fine. I can always change them back I guess. I will say that changing the springs back on the front makes the truck more level than it was with the Kraton 6S springs.

You want to be able to pick up either end and not have the tires come off the ground immediately. It should slouch a little just sitting there. If it is being held up tightly, your springs or preload are too tight. When you land a jump, if it bounces on rebound that are too stiff or you have to thin of shock oil.

Back