IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. Arrma 6s, Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shock information and upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shocks.

• Stock front shocks for the Mega and BLX 3s are 100mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the Mega and BLX 3s are 115mm eye to eye.
  • Stock front shocks for the 4s models are 106mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the 4s models are 121mm eye to eye.
Hot Racing Shocks.

YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Two 2) rear shock bodies
- Two 2) Screw-on o-ring cap eliminates the plastic seal retainer
- Two (2) aluminum spring adjusters/collars
REQUIREMENTS:
- Silicone shock oil, assembly, bleeding, and installation per Arrma recommendations
- Existing stock shock components
Arrma Typhon 6s shocks -
The best place to source these is from JennysRC.
For the Arrma Typhon shocks you will need something to take up the slack in the upper mount most use either steel balls out of shock rod ends or nitro fuel line.

HSP Shocks -
A lot of people have used these shocks with great results. They are HSP Front 81003 and HSP Rear 81002 shocks. These will also require either the steel balls or nitro fuel line to take up the space in the upper mount. Remember that these are cheap Chinese shocks, they work okay but do not expect much for quality.
Big Bore eBay shocks -
Cheap ebay shocks these also need either steel balls or fuel line in the top. These shocks do not have bladders and can be a bit tricky to bleed, some users have had issues with the stock pistons having too small of holes and the rod ends are pretty poor.
Trackstar Shocks -
Springs that come with these are rather stiff for the 3s line and should be swapped out to whichever spring of your choice. They may work for the 4s models I have not tested them yet. And again will need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
Basher Sabertooth shocks -
Also need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
Hot Bodies shocks -
Rather expensive you will want to change out the springs. Also need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
ZD Racing Shocks -

Out of the assembled shocks above for a Senton 3S BLX, that aren't the Typhon 6s shocks which of the cheaper alternatives would you guys say is the best? Would be nice to have some sort of rating on the options listed if possible for those that are new and want to avoid making the least-wise decision :).

Out of the cheaper alternatives probably the Trackstars but it looks like they might be going the way of the dodo :(
The next best option would probably be the eBay shocks or the ZD Racing shocks.

I got the HR shock bodies to rebuild my Senton 3S (2019) shocks that were leaking with. The short instructions on the packaging says to use Arrma's shock build instructions but these aren't the same design - like the cartridge part must go back together differently right???... Is there a good quality video of someone using these to rebuild their arrma shocks that any of you know of? Just want to make sure I am doing it right.

I got the HR shock bodies to rebuild my Senton 3S (2019) shocks that were leaking with. The short instructions on the packaging says to use Arrma's shock build instructions but these aren't the same design - like the cartridge part must go back together differently right???... Is there a good quality video of someone using these to rebuild their arrma shocks that any of you know of? Just want to make sure I am doing it right.

Here's a pic that may help

5yszWM2.jpg

:ROFLMAO: I totally would have put the addition orings stacked on the 2 instead of between the (piston?) and that other wider thing. Thank you so much!

and here you can add o-rings to shorten it.View attachment 53758
In the process of building the new shocks. I noticed though that the new shock bodies are actually shorter than the stock ones. I hope this is normal and I didn't order the wrong sets. I used the link provided in the big shock upgrades post.

Attachments

• 20191116_160014.jpg
    20191116_160014.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 70
In the process of building the new shocks. I noticed though that the new shock bodies are actually shorter than the stock ones. I hope this is normal and I didn't order the wrong sets. I used the link provided in the big shock upgrades post.
Which shocks did you buy and which ones did you need? I just noticed a few days ago that I only had the shock bodies for the 3s models listed and nothing listed for the 4s.

4s Outcast, the original post says that ET48 shocks will work. I have a set that was on my Outcast 6s, I think they're longer. I'll have to compare, but I don't have an accurate measuring tool like the pics.

It seems the large stock shocks on the 4s are adequate, little complaints on them. I think I would rather just get the HR aluminum bodies as an upgrade. I think tuning the Tekno set to be equal to original will be a challenge. I'm trying to stay mostly stock this time after spending way too much money on the 6s. I liked it because all the bash videos I saw on the 4s showed that the stock platform was pretty tough. I did get the RPM arms right off the bat, as that's all that seems to break.

4s Outcast, the original post says that ET48 shocks will work. I have a set that was on my Outcast 6s, I think they're longer. I'll have to compare, but I don't have an accurate measuring tool like the pics.

It seems the large stock shocks on the 4s are adequate, little complaints on them. I think I would rather just get the HR aluminum bodies as an upgrade. I think tuning the Tekno set to be equal to original will be a challenge. I'm trying to stay mostly stock this time after spending way too much money on the 6s. I liked it because all the bash videos I saw on the 4s showed that the stock platform was pretty tough. I did get the RPM arms right off the bat, as that's all that seems to break.
I don't understand how hot racing bodies work if the seal goes bad how tf u get remplacement orings i tried to find the part number no success

I read through the pinned post. So just to double check before I buy, I have stock v2 talion and want to get new springs only. Am I better off getting v3 stock shock springs than Tekno orange springs? Sounds like longer/stiffer springs and something along the lines of 80wt front and 60-70wt back is the right weights for jumping?

I read through the pinned post. So just to double check before I buy, I have stock v2 talion and want to get new springs only. Am I better off getting v3 stock shock springs than Tekno orange springs? Sounds like longer/stiffer springs and something along the lines of 80wt front and 60-70wt back is the right weights for jumping?
Yeah since you have a V2 Talion get the newer springs, just make sure you get the springs from the Kraton or Outcast as the new Talion springs will bee too short. And as far as shock oil goes I would start with 1000cst.

So they have these
SHOCK SPRINGS: 85MM 1.09N/MM (6.2LB/IN)(2PCS)
#AR330507
and these
SHOCK SPRINGS: 95MM 0.87N/MM (5.0LB/IN)(2PCS)
#AR330508

Are the 85MM the front and the 95MM the back? It does not specify in the product listing https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330508 which one is which?

So they have these
SHOCK SPRINGS: 85MM 1.09N/MM (6.2LB/IN)(2PCS)
#AR330507

and these
SHOCK SPRINGS: 95MM 0.87N/MM (5.0LB/IN)(2PCS)
#AR330508

Are the 85MM the front and the 95MM the back? It does not specify in the product listing https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330508 which one is which?

Yup those are the correct ones, the 85mm are the front and the 95mm are the rear.

I have a few new informations for the outcast and typhon shocks 6s
The outcast 6s front shocks have the same shock bodies than the rear typhon shocks but the outcast has 5mm longer shaft if im reading correctly in the part number so 5mm longer those shocks could fit the rear of the 3s line
ANotehr option for the front shocks for the 3s line would be the front shocks of the mojave who have 108mm eye to eye vs 107 eye to eye of the typhon 6s front shocks
Based from jennyrc
But the springs are stiffer if im reading correctly

Last edited:
Back