IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. Arrma 6s, Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shock information and upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Arrma 6s shocks information.

How to rebuild Arrma 6s shocks.

Video curtesy of @TpPartsRcXtreme

The Arrma 6s shock eye to eye measurements are listed in post #2. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...cks-upgrades-and-information.7413/#post-72395

Spring chart for most 4s and 6s models
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...or-4s-and-most-6s-vehicles.18704/#post-286478

For rod end upgrades on the 6s shocks there are a few different options.

For different shocks on the V1-V4 6s Kraton, Outcast or Notorious you will want MT410 shocks.

Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shocks.

How to rebuild the Arrma 4x4 shocks.

Video provided by @razorrc

• Stock front shocks for the Senton, Granite, Typhon, Big Rock Crew Cab Mega and BLX 3s are 100mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the Senton, Granite, Typhon, Big Rock Crew Cab Mega and BLX 3s are 115mm eye to eye.
  • Stock front shocks for the 4s models are 106mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the 4s models are 121mm eye to eye.
As we all know the 1/10 4x4 lineup of shocks leak really bad, when they aren't leaking they actually work very well.

@Camaroboy383 Had this to say and also found a nice mod to fix the shocks.

The issues with the 3s and 4s shock line is the way they are manufactured for assembly.. the o-ring housing has a lid that snaps on to compress the o-rings, the pressure exerted on the o-rings is not enough to properly seal the shaft.. a washer or two can be added to the assembly under the plastic cap to compensate and add more pressure... only so much pressure can be added before the cap doesn't latch anymore, wish they had molded a land for the cap to sit against when tightening, many of the leaky shock issues we see wouldnt be a problem.. the hr shock bodies do incorporate the land machined into the body to provide adequate pressure for sealing, as well as nice o-rings...

That being said my biggest gripe about the 4s and 3s line isnt the leaking, its the shock shafts with the molded rod ends... ?‍♂️ I'm waiting on some standard style 4mm shafts, and will be using the nero 6s rod ends and spring perches...it will be so nice to just unscrew the rod end and install a new one.. (if they even break anymore)

Another thing to note if changing the shafts or switching to the hr bodies is that the land for the piston is not deburred from the factory.. they have an extremely sharp hard edge and can tear the o-rings on assembly if not careful... I typically take some 800-1000 grit and knock back that hard edge so I know for sure no matter what they wont tear at the o-ring..

View attachment 57745

Here is a fix from @Camaroboy383 for the molded shock rod end problem https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3s-and-4s-guys-solution-to-molded-rod-ends.17061/

Optional shocks for the Mega, 3s and 4s models.
The following shocks are not compatible with the Arrma Vorteks 4x4. Vorteks shocks are listed at the bottom of this section.
For the upper mount when using other shocks on your Mega, 3s or 4s model use Axial part number AXA1356 https://www.amazon.com/Axial-AXA1356-Silicone-Shock-Bushing/dp/B0051W7R1M

Some of the shocks listed below will require you to add a washer on the lower mount to keep the shock from rubbing the front driveshafts. I would try to find some washers that are about 2-3mm thick.

You can make the shocks the correct length by placing nitro fuel line under the shock pistons
https://www.amazon.com/rc-fuel-line/s?k=rc+fuel+line

Video curtesy of darkeclipticheart

Arrma alloy shocks.

These are a direct bolt on just use your stock shock springs on them.

Proline Racing shocks.

These are a direct bolt on but a bit expensive compared to a lot of the other options.

Hot Racing shocks Mega and 3s models.

YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Two 2) rear shock bodies
- Two 2) Screw-on o-ring cap eliminates the plastic seal retainer
- Two (2) aluminum spring adjusters/collars
REQUIREMENTS:
- Silicone shock oil, assembly, bleeding, and installation per Arrma recommendations
- Existing stock shock components
Hot Racing shocks 4s models are the same as the 3s models just different size.

Arrma Mojave shocks.
The best place to source these is from Jenny's Rc. Use the Axial bushings in the upper mount to take up the space.

Arrma Kraton/Notorious/Outcast 6s shocks.
The best place to source these is from Jenny's Rc. Use the Axial bushings in the upper mount to take up the space.

Arrma Typhon 6s shocks.

HSP shocks.
A lot of people have used these shocks with great results. They are HSP Front 81003 and HSP Rear 81002 shocks. Use the affor mentioned Axial bushings in the shock caps. Remember that these are cheap Chinese shocks, they work okay but do not expect much for quality.

Big Bore eBay shocks.
Cheap ebay shocks these also need the previously mentioned Axial shock bushings. These shocks do not have bladders and can be a bit tricky to bleed, some users have had issues with the stock pistons having too small of holes, the rod ends are pretty poor, the shafts bend and they tend to leak.

Hot Bodies shocks.
Rather expensive and you will want to change out the springs. Also need the Axial bushings.

HPI Racing Big bore shocks.
Pretty much the same thing as the Hot Bodies shocks.(part numbers break down to be the same, except for the shock adjustment collars, they are different colors)

ZD Racing shocks.
Use the Axial bushings in the upper mount to take up the space.
Most users of these seem to pretty happy with these shocks. Spare parts for these are rather hard to find.

Tekno Racing shocks -
For Mega, 3s and 4s models you will want the shocks off the SCT410.

Team Associated RC8B3.1 shocks.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...rades-and-information.7413/page-9#post-307969

To install first you put the included insert in the ”giant hole”. Then you can insert the stock pivot ball after sanding down the ”ball” a little bit.

Hobao/Ofna Hyper SS shocks.
Hobao/Ofna Hyper 7 shocks.

GPM Racing shocks.
3s models.
4s models

Arrma Vortex 4x4 BLX.
  • Stock front shocks for the Arrma Vorteks are 87mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the Arrma Vorteks are 109mm eye to eye.
As with the shocks for the 3s and 4s models these will need something to take up the space in the upper shock mount.

Arrma Limitless/Infraction/Felony
These will fit the front of the Vorteks.

Thanks to @Enferius being the guinea pig these springs look like they will work https://www.amazon.com/AXIAL-AX31284-Spring-40mm-6-3/dp/B012FV95PM

Arrma Mojave 6s shocks.
These shocks will only work on the rear of the Vorteks.

You will want springs pn ARA330637 these are the closest Arrma springs to the stock Vorteks spring in stiffness, they are slightly stiffer, 1.13N/mm (6.5lb/in) vs 1.06N/mm (6.05lbf/in) for the stock Vorteks rear springs, the springs are the same length 70mm.

Armma Talion 6s shocks.

These shocks will only work in the rear of the Vorteks.

You will want springs pn ARA330637 these are the closest Arrma springs to the stock Vorteks spring in stiffness, they are slightly stiffer, 1.13N/mm (6.5lb/in) vs 1.06N/mm (6.05lbf/in) for the stock Vorteks rear springs, the springs are the same length 70mm.

Traxxas GTR Shocks.

Get VG Racing springs. https://www.vgracing.com/product/GTR_Springs.html

Proline PowerStroke shocks for the Slash.

Proline Pro Spec shocks for the Slash.

Losi Tenacity DB Pro shocks.
Cheapo eBay shocks for the Slash.
These are just like the cheap eBay shocks for the Granite listed above with all the same problems.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283944199963?hash=item421c64a71b:g:2yoAAOSwal5YLnxH
  • Fronts 88mm eye to eye
  • Rears 103mm eye to eye

ZD Racing Shocks.
Looking at the Q/A and reviews the springs might be on the soft side.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H5C93F...NRJPKYRAGVBQ?_encoding=UTF8&tag=arrma-20&th=1
  • Fronts 85mm eye to eye
  • Rear 105mm eye to eye

General shock info.

Whenever working with shocks it is always a good idea to have a pair of shock shaft pliers, there is a Tekno set listed further down that works really well and is made extremely well, but it is rather expensive, for those who are on a bit of a budget you can always get these Trackstar shock tools https://hobbyking.com/en_us/shock-tools.html I have this set and have used it a lot it makes shock assembly/disassembly so much nicer. Another nice tool to have around is a shock caddy/stand for when you are filling your shocks. Many companies make these so there are many options https://www.google.com/search?q=rc+...-O_kAhVnJDQIHZtID34Q_AUIFygA&biw=2560&bih=888

These are things you will want for putting Tekno shocks on your 6s model, the Tekno locking shock rod ends also work on most of the above listed shocks and will fit on the Mega, 3s and 4s models with aftermarket shocks.
  • Tekno Locking Shock Rod Ends TKR6140B
  • Tekno Rc Aluminum 6.8mm Pivot Balls TKR5049A
  • 2x Tekno shock standoffs TKR5527.
  • 4x M4 nylon lock nuts.
  • 4mm drill bit to drill out your shock towers.
  • blue thread lock.
  • shock oil of your choice.
  • TKR1115 (optional but recommended).
  • Everything below this line is for V1-V2 or 2014-2017 models, 2018+ models disregard this section.
  • Arrma Shock Springs 85mm 6.2 lbs/in AR330507
  • Arrma Shock Springs 95mm 5 lbs/in AR330508
  • Or
  • Tekno Shock Springs Orange 1.6x7.5T 6.11 lbs/in
    80mm TKR6093
  • Tekno Shock Springs Orange 1.6x9T 90mm 4.8 lbs/inTKR6083
Optional parts.
  • TiNi Coated Shock Shafts front for ET48.3(rear for SCT410) TKR6017T
  • TiNi Coated Shock Shafts front for SCT410 TKR6004T
  • TiNi Coated Shock Shafts rear TKR6061T
  • Tekno CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set TKR6146
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6050: 10x1.1mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6051: 8x1.3mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6052: 10x1.2mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6053: 8x1.4mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6054: 10x1.3mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6063: 6x1.5mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6064: 6x1.6mm
  • CNC Delrin Tapered Shock Pistons TKR6159 4x1.8mm
  • CNC Delrin Tapered Shock Pistons TKR6160 blank
  • Aluminum Vented Shock Caps TKR6003
  • Emulsion/Vented/Standard Shock Caps TKR8702

There are some differences in the kits as well.
  • The MT410 kit has composite shock caps, cartridge caps and shock collars.
  • The E/NB48 and E/NT48 kits come with aluminum shock caps, cartridge caps and shock collars.
  • The MT410 kit comes with molded pistons only.
  • The E/NB48 and E/NT48 kits come with cnc pistons and molded pistons.
  • The E/NB48 machined pistons are different from the E/NT48 pistons.
  • The springs with the E/NB48 shocks are different from the MT410 and E/NT48 shocks.
  • The MT410 and E/NT48.3 come with green rate springs.
  • The E/NB48.4 comes with black rate low frequency springs in front and orange rate low frequency springs in rear.
  • The spring perches on the E/NB48 shocks are shorter than the MT410 and E/NT48.
  • Shock bodies are different colors.
  • The E/NT48.3 come with none vented shock caps
  • The E/NB48.4 come with Emulsion/vented/none-vented shock caps
  • Tekno fronts are 3mm longer than the Arrma fronts.
  • Tekno rears are 5mm shorter than the Arrma rears most of this is do to the rod ends.
The Shocks for the SCT410 the rears will work for the front of the Kraton, Outcast and V1/V2 Talion, the fronts are too short. They will work with the Senton 6s and Typhon 6s you will have to modify the A arms as in @chevys10zr2003 post below.

If upgrading the shocks on a Kraton, Outcast or V1/V2 Talion I would say go with the E/NT48 shocks, If you can find them the E/NB48.4 shocks have emulsion style caps.

I have not looked into or tested the new E/NB48 2.0 shocks so your results may vary.

Official Tekno shock build video

Official Tekno emulsion shock build video

Rc shock mount positions explained.

Video Curtesy of @razorrc

Tekno truggy spring rate chart

SpringChart_Truggy2.jpg

Tekno buggy and SCT410 spring rate chart

Spring-Chart-Buggy-SCT410.jpg

Just to show the color differences in the shocks.

From left to right MT410, NB48.3, Arrma Outcast front and rear & Tekno ET48.3

evIPa2Sl.jpg

Tekno MT410 front vs Arrma Outcast front.

PZjaiiPl.jpg

K2xjEttl.jpg

aO8zFR7l.jpg

Tekno ET48.3 vs Outcast rear.

0HqDm6Tl.jpg

brTrFrSl.jpg

lvgURYUl.jpg

More threads about the Tekno shocks.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...my-mind-bought-tekno-full-option-shocks.4120/
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/tekno-shocks-on-kraton-i-had-no-idea.4064/
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/why-you-too-need-tekno-shocks.4074/

Last edited:
Thanks for calling me to this thread @slick2500, and thank you for all of the information. I ended up going with SCT410.3 front shocks for the front and ET48.3 front shocks for the rear of my Typhon. I did have to Dremel a very little bit on the opening on the outside for the front A arms to get the larger rod end to fit, but I don’t think it will affect durability with how little I took out.

Screenshot_20180721-101328_Gallery.jpg

I have wanted to compile a list of all of the Tekno shocks and all of the Arrma shocks for awhile since I couldn’t find one place with all of the information when I was looking. I will need some help completing the list since I don’t own all of the vehicles or any of the new V3 Arrmas. I will update this list as I get more measurements from people. Keep in mind that the dimensions aren’t 100% accurate as you can change the eye to eye dimension by how far you turn the plastic eye onto the bottom, but they are close and I would say within 1-2mm either way.

Tekno has 3 different shock lengths (measured center of eye to center of eye and measurements taken from the Tekno website):

107mm: SCT410.3 front, EB48SL front
122mm: ET48.3 front, NT48.3 front, EB48.4 front, NB48.4 front, MT410 front, SCT410.3 rear, EB48SL rear
137mm: ET48.3 rear, NT48.3 rear, EB48.4 rear, NB48.4 rear, MT410 rear

Now, here is where I need help. Arrma center of eye to center of eye isn’t clearly defined in the descriptions since they list the shock shaft length in the description. Also, I am not sure if any of the lengths changed when they went to the new 4mm shock shafts, so I have listed them out separately. I have listed the shock shaft part numbers and the eye to eye lengths that I know and have question marks for the ones I do not know. Any help completing this would be greatly appreciated and I’m sure will help somebody out when they are looking to upgrade their shocks.

Arrma Kraton V1 & V2:
Front: AR330195 119mm
Rear: AR330251 142mm

Arrma Kraton V3:
Front: AR330490 114mm
Rear: AR330481 134mm

Arrma Outcast V1:

Arrma Outcast V2:
Front: AR330490 114mm
Rear: AR330481 134mm

Arrma Talion V1 & V2:

Arrma Talion V3:
Front: AR330496 107mm
Rear: AR330497 124mm

Arrma Typhon V1 & V2:
Front: AR330207 105mm
Rear: AR330195 119mm

Arrma Typhon V3:
Front: AR330477 107mm
Rear: AR330479 120mm

Arrma Senton 6S BXL V1 & V2:
Front: AR330376 101mm
Rear: AR330207 105mm

Arrma Senton 6S BLX V3:
Front: AR330510 ??
Rear: AR330512 ??

Mojave 6s
- front length (eye to eye): 108mm
- front spring: 70mm 1.35N/mm (7.7lbf/in)

- rear length (eye to eye): 133mm
- rear spring: 110mm 0.56N/mm (3.2lbf/in)

Edit #1 - updated Talion V3 per @capflya.

Edit #2 - updated Typhon V3 per @Mongoose

Edit #3 - updated Kraton V3 and Outcast V2 per @animal63518 & @bicketybam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of info here, thank you! Can any of these parts fit in the Arrma v3 shocks? Like the tin shafts or maybe some of the delrin stuff? Would be cool but I imagine it’s pretty unlikely.

Lots of info here, thank you! Can any of these parts fit in the Arrma v3 shocks? Like the tin shafts or maybe some of the delrin stuff? Would be cool but I imagine it’s pretty unlikely.
The only thing I know for sure that fits the V3 shocks are the spring perches and the shock rod ends.

For the sake of this thread I took a 4mm drill bit to one of my OG Arrma shocks. This is what I now have.

Stock Arrma V1/V2 shock on left Tekno/Arrma Hybrid on the right.
14WKB2Jl.jpg

vNKm162l.jpg

This is how I assembled everything.
From let to right Arrma shock cap, Tekno M2.5 locknut, Tekno molded piston, Tekno shock shaft, Tekno oring, Tekno shock guide, Tekno oring, small flanged Tekno shock guide then Arrma cartridge cap. You do have to insert the shock shafts before fully tightening the cartridge cap otherwise it compresses the oring too much and you will be unable to get the shaft through the oring.
bxNsLmQl.jpg

The big flanged shock guide won't fit.
2Nhfk9fl.jpg

The Tekno molded pistons fit on the Arrma V1/V2 shock shafts.
6CYKWA5l.jpg

The V3 Talion shocks are darn close to the SCT shocks. I think I'll pick some up to try out.

The V3 Talion shocks are darn close to the SCT shocks. I think I'll pick some up to try out.
Yeah the 2mm difference isn't going to make a big deal. Just make sure to adjust the droop screws so that the shocks don't try to overextend. And honestly, if you could get the equivilant buggy or truggy shocks, they come with metal caps, collars and delrin pieces. The SCT ones come with plastic.

Yeah the 2mm difference isn't going to make a big deal. Just make sure to adjust the droop screws so that the shocks don't try to overextend. And honestly, if you could get the equivilant buggy or truggy shocks, they come with metal caps, collars and delrin pieces. The SCT ones come with plastic.

I noticed that. The sct shocks are half the price almost so it might be worth it to me to just get the sct shocks and then find some aluminum caps.

Struggling because the arrma shafts aren't in stock right now so my talion has mismatched rear shocks just to make it work temporarily. I may try the Keaton shafts. They're only 2mm longer than the talion shafts so they would probably work.

@WoodiE is it possible to change the name of this thread to Tekno and Arrma shock information thread?

First post! Woo hoo!
Thanks for all the great info here, much appreciated and so helpful.

Question: when swapping to tekno shocks on talion v3, are we still running the 2000cst oil in the shocks or are we running them lighter? I will be using the nt48.3 Fronts on the Rear (122mm legth) and the TKR6151 Full option kit 107mm on the front

Nice shocks btw. Cant wait to get rid of the play in my suspension.

First post! Woo hoo!
Thanks for all the great info here, much appreciated and so helpful.

Question: when swapping to tekno shocks on talion v3, are we still running the 2000cst oil in the shocks or are we running them lighter? I will be using the nt48.3 Fronts on the Rear (122mm legth) and the TKR6151 Full option kit 107mm on the front

Nice shocks btw. Cant wait to get rid of the play in my suspension.
I think it depends on which pistons you are using, you might have to just play it by ear.

Pretty firm on the comp&rebound with the 10x1.2 piston and stock fluid. I installed the rears and it was a bit of trial And error to fit with the standoffs mounted on the lower inside tower mount. Steep angle to the arm almost felt like i needed a longer ball end on the shaft. Ended up using the stock lower spring retainer and lower spring retainer spacer that came from the stock rear shocks to make a little more clearance and preload to the spring. The tekno parts are alot beefier but still have play in the lower ball and end. Bummed. Half the reason for getting these was to rid of some play. The top caps fit tight to the new perches which is very nice i also used a washer between the ball and the nut. To snug things down.

update on the shocks for my Talion V3
tkr6151 on the front
NT48.3 Fronts on the Rear

Got the tekno standoffs TKR5527 for the front and rear to fit the tekno shocks as stated in original post. The SCT shocks (front 107mm) I got which were full upgrade kits do not come with the cap bushings to fit the standoffs so I had to order some TKR6007 nor do they come with the nuts fasten the caps to the standoff (m3 flanged Nut)

Also, you have to remove the lower spring carrier spacers off the stock shocks and run the stock lower carriers on front and rear, I ran the tekno ball ends but had to trim the spring carrier flange off them to fit the a-arm slot. The rear arms I trimmed a bit of the slot to be wider for the wider ball end to fit without binding.

These arent as build and play as they may seem. I put in 45 wt oil and they might need a bit more rebound damping but may be good for very rough surfaces that need tire bite and fast suspension.

Thanks for calling me to this thread @slick2500, and thank you for all of the information. I ended up going with SCT410.3 front shocks and ET48.3 front shocks for the rear for the front of my Typhon. I did have to Dremel a very little bit on the opening on the outside for the front A arms to get the larger rod end to fit, but I don’t think it will affect durability with how little I took out.

View attachment 20635

I have wanted to compile a list of all of the Tekno shocks and all of the Arrma shocks for awhile since I couldn’t find one place with all of the information when I was looking. I will need some help completing the list since I don’t own all of the vehicles or any of the new V3 Arrmas. I will update this list as I get more measurements from people. Keep in mind that the dimensions aren’t 100% accurate as you can change the eye to eye dimension by how far you turn the plastic eye onto the bottom, but they are close and I would say within 1-2mm either way.

Tekno has 3 different shock lengths (measured center of eye to center of eye and measurements taken from the Tekno website):

107mm: SCT410.3 front, EB48SL front
122mm: ET48.3 front, NT48.3 front, EB48.4 front, NB48.4 front, MT410 front, SCT410.3 rear, EB48SL rear
137mm: ET48.3 rear, NT48.3 rear, EB48.4 rear, NB48.4 rear, MT410 rear

Now, here is where I need help. Arrma center of eye to center of eye isn’t clearly defined in the descriptions since they list the shock shaft length in the description. Also, I am not sure if any of the lengths changed when they went to the new 4mm shock shafts, so I have listed them out separately. I have listed the shock shaft part numbers and the eye to eye lengths that I know and have question marks for the ones I do not know. Any help completing this would be greatly appreciated and I’m sure will help somebody out when they are looking to upgrade their shocks.

Arrma Kraton V1 & V2:

Arrma Kraton V3:
Front: AR330490 ??
Rear: AR330481 ??

Arrma Outcast V1:

Arrma Outcast V2:
Front: AR330490 ??
Rear: AR330481 ??

Arrma Talion V1 & V2:

Arrma Talion V3:
Front: AR330496 107mm
Rear: AR330497 124mm

Arrma Typhon V1 & V2:
Front: AR330207 105mm
Rear: AR330195 119mm

Arrma Typhon V3:
Front: AR330477 ??
Rear: AR330479 ??

Arrma Senton 6S BXL V1 & V2:
Front: AR330376 101mm
Rear: AR330207 105mm

Arrma Senton 6S BLX V3:
Front: AR330510 ??
Rear: AR330512 ??

Edit #1 - updated Talion V3 per @capflya.

Back