Arrma 6s diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrma on top Hot Bodies D8 on bottom.
View attachment 79083

D8 straight cut on left, Arrma spiral on right.
View attachment 79085

D8 straight cut on left Arrma spiral cut on right.
View attachment 79086

D8 on the left Arrma on the right.
View attachment 79087
View attachment 79088
You'd think there must be an aftermarket, Tekno, Mugen or even Kyosho Input gear of higher quality to fit the Kraton. Is it just a matter of finding it or have people already gone through that trouble?

You'd think there must be an aftermarket, Tekno, Mugen or even Kyosho Input gear of higher quality to fit the Kraton. Is it just a matter of finding it or have people already gone through that trouble?
There is no way to do it without changing the gearbox. And you would also need the crown gear as the spiral to the gears is different, so they won't even mate up.

There is no way to do it without changing the gearbox. And you would also need the crown gear as the spiral to the gears is different, so they won't even mate up.
The Arrma spiral cut gears almost mate up with the D8 straight cut gears though.

The Arrma spiral cut gears almost mate up with the D8 straight cut gears though.

I know this was a bit back but I'm reaching and hoping on this. You know if anyone tried these out and if they work? I would love an alternative to the stock spiral and input.

I know this was a bit back but I'm reaching and hoping on this. You know if anyone tried these out and if they work? I would love an alternative to the stock spiral and input.
With the new EXB kraton... I'm guessing the diffs for that are going to be hard to get for the first year or so. lol! The ring/pinion have longer teeth and are made out of better material. I know I'll be jockying for a set to put in my outcast, at least for the front/rear. I don't really care about the LSD plates and whatnot, but since the ring gear teeth are longer, and they still fit in the same diff case, I'm assuming the cup is smaller and the innards are smaller, so I'll have to replace the entire diffs.

With the new EXB kraton... I'm guessing the diffs for that are going to be hard to get for the first year or so. lol! The ring/pinion have longer teeth and are made out of better material. I know I'll be jockying for a set to put in my outcast, at least for the front/rear. I don't really care about the LSD plates and whatnot, but since the ring gear teeth are longer, and they still fit in the same diff case, I'm assuming the cup is smaller and the innards are smaller, so I'll have to replace the entire diffs.
Yup I want them so bad.

Bro, I'm pretty all of us with a 6s are on the "notify me when available" list. ?

Bro, I'm pretty all of us with a 6s are on the "notify me when available" list. ?
Just blew out my center diff yesterday... :(

Well, pretty sure it was just a bearing that let go. With the arrma 2 piece cup, hot racing motor mount, cap and x brace on the front, it was a similar issue I had with the front rear, the diff was too wide. When I put the cap on, it put side load on the bearings. They lasted about 10 bash sessions.

That's a bummer. Now I feel a little better about not getting aluminum diff cases! Lol.

I've just rebuilt front and rear for 2nd time in 2 months and added in new gearbox to rule out a small warp. It's not the internals, always spiral and input. Tried shimming behind input gear this go around. We'll see how she does. Drove it around a little yesterday just easing it in. This weekend I'll unleash it and see. Honestly, I'm just hoping this time lasts long enough until I get the email from Horizon that EXB diffs are available.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back