Kraton ARRMA 6S FAMILY TREE?? Does one exist written down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IWANTBLUE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
As Above really...

I'm New to Arrma, and bought a 6s EXB Kraton last year as a way to get back into RC, wanted the 1/5 EXB, but had to be realistic on size and ability/places to run it... (and my own ability to control it!!!)

So I've read a fair bit around the Forum, and have seen multiple references to the various past and present 6S models, but also the More common Franken builds, but wondered if there was a resource anywhere or someone more knowledgable could create one showing if you will, the 6S Family tree,

So Kraton, half-sister Outcast (but shorter chassis)[list differences] Bigger Brother Mojave, Chassis length/width? shock length? Krajave cross between the two with the length of one and width of another?? etc etc etc... if this was laid out in a family tree style, it could show how the parts are reused/compatible and for what purpose? Like shorter Chassis for tighter air control and stunts etc, Longer Chassis or wider Chassis for speed, or Stability or whatever as appropriate, would also allow a more adventurous Newb (like myself to try a build of something a little out of the ordinary, without having to buy all the parts to try and see what fits with what, when the more serious enthusiasts have already trodden that path?

I probably haven't put this across very well, but for instance, I've already bought a fair number of Spares and upgrades for my inevitable crashes and smashes when I can eventually Bash My Kraton. [Long Boring story], but unfortunately I'm not able to get out and bash Like I wanted to, or expected to be able to, when I bought the Kraton last year, so some Ideas I've been mulling over are that I'd like to be able to take the Kraton to over 100mph, just for the 'fun ' of it, but am obviously well aware it's not the platform for speedrunning in general, but as It can be done I've started to make some purchases, but I've also realised that (as I bought a bunch of spares and haven't crashed it through lack of bashing... and I've bought a bunch of upgrades too, I could probably add another chassis and have two cars set up for different things, (initially with the potential to swap over powertrain and ESC) and then when funds allow potentially make it into a second car in its own right. and that got me to thinking which chassis, SO?:unsure:

Rather than just getting another Kraton, what other chassis, could I use the Kraton shocks and or arms with?
Which Towers would I need?:unsure:
Or if I bought a second Kraton Chassis, what arms/shocks/Towers, would I need to make something a little different with that?

So is there any such "Family Tree" of Chassis and or towers and shocks combos etc. Sorry it ended up "War and Peace",:eek: I know most won't have gotten this far :ROFLMAO:

I think the Typhon 6s and OC 6s models were all the rage initially when Hobbico owned Arrma. There is some history. Many older guys here may remember the hierarchy of the 6s lineup better.
Check out my build thread. It is a franken build. 90% were just bin parts/ take off parts I had lying around. I took inventory one day and realized I could create something different. All stocker parts.
A large scalish Typhon.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/1-6-typhon-from-my-take-off-parts-bin.32988/

I think the Typhon 6s and OC 6s models were all the rage initially when Hobbico owned Arrma. There is some history. Many older guys here may remember the hierarchy of the 6s lineup better.
Check out my build thread. It is a franken build. 90% were just bin parts/ take off parts I had lying around. I took inventory one day and realized I could create something different. All stocker parts.
A large scalish Typhon.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/1-6-typhon-from-my-take-off-parts-bin.32988/
Brilliant... Exactly the info I'm talking about'. THANKYOU!

Anyone else have similar build specs or know of such a resource?

For the Arrma 6s line, I think the release order was Kraton, Typhon (both announced at the same time, but Kraton shipped first?)
Then Talion and Senton - I think later the same year.
Next, a few years later was the Outcast.
There was a break from the "regular" 6s line while the Nero/Fazon/Bigrock was released, then discontinued, Hobbico was sued into bankruptcy, Arrma was sold to Horizon.
Next 6s was Notorious.
Then Mojave, Infraction, and Limitless all the same year.
EXB line/Felony last year
And now the G.I.Joe SXS, err.. FireTeam.

Oh, and yeah spare parts builds are a thing. Mine is a low-profile Outcast. Could also be a SWB Talion-
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/organizing-my-spare-parts-might-build-an-rc-outcast-build.13681/

Came across this thread whilst searching, from K-Bash, with some of the usual suspects contributing ;), but some very relevant arm size information is enclosed for anyone thinking like ,myself of Frankenbuilding something..

"Some great builds and Arm part length comparison detail from K-Bash' Thread"

RCP, whats the difference on youre Blue LWB Kraton build? the body doesn't seem any different to standard from the top down shot? or have I missed something?

I do at least have a couple more ideas now, but both are more about buying 'new' spare parts to create them, rather than using up my extensive Kraton spare parts :rolleyes: Hmm... not the intention

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back