Arrma 8s aluminum diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marucci87

Reaction score
Has anyone used these aluminum diff cases in their 8s rigs yet? I have them in my front and rear diffs in my Outcast and yesterday on the 3rd run on these cases I had the ring gear come loose and crew up the center section in my rear diff, I used blue medium thread locker and everything was cleaned in a sonic cleaner and spotless then hit with parts cleaner before I built them. I let them sit from a Sunday night till Friday night before I put it back into the truck…I’m thinking maybe because I have a max5 with a 800kv motor using 39/39 gearing with ear plugs in the center diff, maybe medium wasn’t enuf?? I’m about to rebuild the rear now, then the front diff after using Permatex orange high strength removable gel thread locker. If anyone is using these Arrma diff cases what kind of thread locker did you guys use? I’ve been using Permatex blue medium liquid for everything and never had a issue till now. I just don't know how this happen, my center diff is put together with the same blue that I used, I cleaned everything that came with the new case just in case of any packing grease or oil. IDK….

FB974ACD-B91C-4D26-9F95-C58F41FDE321.jpeg

I thought they were the cats pajamas.. until I started snapping the screws off. They are definitely better than the stock ones but the 800kv with 39/39 is obviously too much for them. Oh well… what ya gonna do.. 😈

View attachment 194880
I thought they were the cats pajamas.. until I started snapping the screws off. They are definitely better than the stock ones but the 800kv with 39/39 is obviously too much for them. Oh well… what ya gonna do.. 😈
How fantastic, I had a feeling it would do that with the dowel pins missing that the plastics cases have…

View attachment 194880
I’ve been waiting months for mine to show up……I thought they were on perpetual back order? Where did you get these Bro?
cheers,
kev

I got mine from Amain, get the hot racing ones….after seeing hammer’s pic I wouldnt waste the money…I’m going to run mine until that happens then waste more money…

Sorry to tell you but the pins snap right with the screws. . But I'm running 800kv and 42 39 gears
Great.. 😂
I’ve been waiting months for mine to show up……I thought they were on perpetual back order? Where did you get these Bro?
cheers,
kev
I’ve had mine for a long time, I ordered them when they first came out and more since then. You never got any from the original release..?

Ya tell me about it. I ate 4 of them up. The guy I got vitavon rims say got to try the vitavon ones but with 3mm screws in them all just don't see them holding up. Tried tapping 4 mm but it was only weaker. Be great someone make one with 4mm screws and pins. Think that's the way

I got no problems with it. Stays at 136 -153 always long
Lot has changed sence build log. Need to up date really
Crazy build. This one for me
I got no problems with it. Stays at 136 -153 always long
Lot has changed sence build log. Need to up date really
Crazy build. This one for me
This one was crazy for me

Attachments

• 20210809_135312.jpg
    20210809_135312.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20220119_102133.jpg
    IMG_20220119_102133.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I no everyone thinks I'm crazy for building that one. But it's ok. Been called lot. Crazy not bad

Great.. 😂

I’ve had mine for a long time, I ordered them when they first came out and more since then. You never got any from the original release..?
No, perhaps I should cancel the order if they ain’t the bees knees then....

No, perhaps I should cancel the order if they ain’t the bees knees then....
They’re better than the plastic ones, but they certainly aren’t bombproof like I’d hoped. 😞

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back