Arrma 8s EXB steering link slop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayP.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
I saw the Earl Moorhead video on his outcast 8s EXB steering links, and how awful they were, even though his is basically brand new. I just purchased an outcast 8s exb before his videos were released, so I wanted to know how many 8s exb owners are having this exact issue. It really concerns me, especially because it directly effects the steering alignment... I don't want a new rc car veering off left and right.

Thin heat shrink or teflon tape on the pivot balls can bee helpful at removing steering slop
I feel like that should be a last resort though, or when your links wear out and you don't want to replace them. Having to do it out of the box seems pretty ridiculous... I appreciate the tip though 👍. Once I get mine fully built up I'll see how bad it actually is. Just waiting on some parts.

I feel like that should be a last resort though, or when your links wear out and you don't want to replace them. Having to do it out of the box seems pretty ridiculous... I appreciate the tip though 👍. Once I get mine fully built up I'll see how bad it actually is. Just waiting on some parts.
i tend to doo it out of the box on my 1/8, might bee a ocd thing 🤷‍♂️:LOL:

i tend to doo it out of the box on my 1/8, might bee a ocd thing 🤷‍♂️:LOL:
I would've probably done it on my 8th scale outcast as well, but surprisingly I have no issues with the steering links being sloppy. I've had it for about 2 years too. Maybe I just got lucky.

Got my outcast 8s exb 2 days ago and links all good no slop at all.

Got my outcast 8s exb 2 days ago and links all good no slop at all.
Lucky man, maybe they're starting to fix it. Mine aren't too bad, but not perfect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back