Kraton Arrma aluminum center diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^

And I have spent hours redoing diffs over and over that were poor, till I got it just right. Sometimes replacing the O-rings and/ or diff cup/outdrives is necessary, then it all goes together nice. O-rings wear out easily. I replace them when in doubt. Greased well with Silicone Grease. Output drives greased well also. Just not sloppily too much so.. The grease will come out and also make a mess. But this keeps metal wear to a minimum. The outdrive shaft makes metal to metal contact with the Cup/ ring gear or spur gear.
Greasing the Outdrive shafts is how Tekno builds their diffs. Per the manual. Tekno kits use supplied Black grease on the Outdrive shafts more specifically. This applies to all Arrma 6s diffs as well. Silicone lube is fine and best for the Silicone O-rings and is more compatible with the Diff's silicone oil when/if it gets mixed together.
If you mix a Black or plain grease with Silicone oil, the grease will chunk up/separate within the diff sil. oil. NG IMHO. Been there.
Worn out output shafts and cup sleeves/ ring gear sleeves exacerbates leaking as they wear. An output drive will rock excessively when they are worn. Causes leaks when rotation is fast and under extreme loads.

Last edited:
Yeah, greasing o-rings and outdrives is an often overlooked step but one I try to remember to always do. Light coating on the o-rings with a gloved finger and a thin film on the outdrives, not very much as I worry about it getting thrown out around the edge of the diff and then causing dirt to stick all over that area.

Takes a while to build diffs properly but it's worthwhile because they end up lasting substantially longer.

^^^
You do it right.(y)
After re-building diffs 75-100 times, you kind of figure it out. Muscle memory takes over. Becomes faster.
Just that the Oil filling process cannot be rushed IMHO. Oil needs to aerate to get a proper fill. Thicker oil even takes so much longer IMO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back