Kraton Arrma Army runs wild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishtank

work the hardest when no one is watching
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Doing some morning cleaning before the sun starts melting everything! My son says dad let’s post a picture of the Arrma Army we have. I said not all the rigs he said no just the Arrma rigs. He calls it the Arrma Army! 😂

85E25826-AF03-4929-ABDE-B175A58087B1.png

So let me think....... you like Kratons!!

Lmao! 😂 where we live you can go from grass to desert 🏜 to road in one outing. The kraton does great on all surfaces. We have short course trucks and crawlers but my son said only Arrma rigs in the picture. We go through some tires that way but the fun and memories are worth it! The added plus I can pretty much re-build a Kraton with my eyes closed.

Also being an engineer I look at how things are built and how they work the easy to repair. The Kraton 1/8 is the best RC I’ve ever owned I’d take it over any other RC vehicle out there in any scale.

Also being an engineer I look at how things are built and how they work the easy to repair. The Kraton 1/8 is the best RC I’ve ever owned I’d take it over any other RC vehicle out there in any scale.
I agree, K6S is my favorite Arrma.

I agree, K6S is my favorite Arrma
I’ve been a kraton owner since 2010 and like it more then ever. The EXB was a great idea they went a little overboard on the 1/5 but I get it (wanted it durable). I think they should have tried to get it around 19-20lb. It’s a little heavy. But the 1/8 is my All time favorite RC from the 80’s till now. I can’t think of a RC I’d rather have. In 2005 I thought my GAS E-Revo was the baddest thing ever!! 😂

I’ve been a kraton owner since 2010 and like it more then ever. The EXB was a great idea they went a little overboard on the 1/5 but I get it (wanted it durable). I think they should have tried to get it around 19-20lb. It’s a little heavy. But the 1/8 is my All time favorite RC from the 80’s till now. I can’t think of a RC I’d rather have. In 2005 I thought my GAS E-Revo was the baddest thing ever!! 😂
1/8 scale is the sweet spot for me. 1/5 scale not my cup of tea. I had a 2.5 Revo in 2005 the year they dropped, first nitro. Still have a few gas trucks. Like 10 scale, have many, run them out the front door, versatile, cheap, fun.

I actually took my K6S out today for the first RC drive of the year. I put a pack thru it in the street and front yard. Felt good having a free moment.

1/8 scale is the sweet spot for me. 1/5 scale not my cup of tea. I had a 2.5 Revo in 2005 the year they dropped, first nitro. Still have a few gas trucks. Like 10 scale, have many, run them out the front door, versatile, cheap, fun.
No gas for me, have a couple buddies that I still have gas they are fun the sound the smell its cool for sure. I still have a 1/16 E revo its a shelf queen. The 1/5 scales fun if you have the room to run other wise its 1/8 for me.

No gas for me, have a couple buddies that I still have gas they are fun the sound the smell its cool for sure. I still have a 1/16 E revo its a shelf queen. The 1/5 scales fun if you have the room to run other wise its 1/8 for me.
I still have 3 jatos and 2 Tmaxx's from the same era of the Revo, they're all in excellent shape so I keep them, not selling for ten cents on the dollar. One of my 2.5 jatos are still in sealed box. Had a lot of TRX back in the day.
20200302_183512.jpg

I still have 3 jatos and 2 Tmaxx's from the same era of the Revo, they're all in excellent shape so I keep them, not selling for ten cents on the dollar. One of my 2.5 jatos are still in sealed box. Had a lot of TRX back in the day.
View attachment 230170
Jato’s we’re a blast back in the day. I believe traxxas still makes them today. I remember when I thought 💭 traxxas was the king. Lol

Jato’s we’re a blast back in the day. I believe traxxas still makes them today. I remember when I thought 💭 traxxas was the king. Lol
TRX was the king back then as far as bashing. I love the Jato, my favorite stadium truck of all time, that's why I still have em. Yes they are still made along with the Tmaxx.

TRX was the king back then as far as bashing. I love the Jato, my favorite stadium truck of all time, that's why I still have em. Yes they are still made along with the Tmaxx.
Back then I was Traxxas all the way. That all changed January 2010 when I got my first Arrma kraton (still have it but it’s a Frankenstein now) and and (4) total.
I still have a E-Revo 1/16 VXL but that’s it’s for for nostalgia then driving.

Doing some morning cleaning before the sun starts melting everything! My son says dad let’s post a picture of the Arrma Army we have. I said not all the rigs he said no just the Arrma rigs. He calls it the Arrma Army! 😂

View attachment 229978

View attachment 229978
Nice fleet you got

View attachment 229978
Nice fleet you got! If i may ask: what kind of tires would you say is the best for the kraton 1/8 ? I ask cause my proline su*ks on my kraton. I used
to drive it with my old thundertiger mt4-g3 tires and those where great. I broke those and then put on the prolines. Don't remember what model these prolines are, but they are 1/8 scale tires , but a bit smaller than mine old mt4 tires.
A couple of days ago i was driving my kraton with a friend. I forgot my serial connector so i could only drive it on 3s. But even on 3s (on grass) the tires would not grip. I then borrowed my friends louise ulldoze tires and it made a HUGE differance. With them the the car could wheelie and acc/topspeed was way better. So what tires would you recomend to a basher who drives on grass and dirt?

Nice fleet you got

Nice fleet you got! If i may ask: what kind of tires would you say is the best for the kraton 1/8 ? I ask cause my proline su*ks on my kraton. I used
to drive it with my old thundertiger mt4-g3 tires and those where great. I broke those and then put on the prolines. Don't remember what model these prolines are, but they are 1/8 scale tires , but a bit smaller than mine old mt4 tires.
A couple of days ago i was driving my kraton with a friend. I forgot my serial connector so i could only drive it on 3s. But even on 3s (on grass) the tires would not grip. I then borrowed my friends louise ulldoze tires and it made a HUGE differance. With them the the car could wheelie and acc/topspeed was way better. So what tires would you recomend to a basher who drives on grass and dirt?
I’m not sure what’s the BEST set of tires for the kraton are but me personally. I run the pro-line Trenchers for me there perfect I live in Arizona and in my neighborhood we can go from grass (conmen areas) to the street and desert 🏜 all in one outing. So I look for something durable with good wear life (the street eats tires). I do want to try Methods new 3.8 belted tires also. I keep the stock tires for when I want to run in the street to save my trenchers.

5ABD4192-24AB-4B11-A93F-5D05C45159E5.png

F45C64D9-04CD-48E4-A191-246559559DA2.png

I love my Backflips. May not look quite as cool as the trenchers, but they handle extremely well.

I love my Backflips. May not look quite as cool as the trenchers, but they handle extremely well.
I had a pair of backflips I liked them but the trenchers seem to hold up better on the street (we do a lot of street bashing). But in the dirt or grass I didn't see that big a difference between them. Plus I like the rims on the trenchers better but that's but my preference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back