Arrma atx300 only partially connecting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Postosis

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I have an Arrma Atx300 tx/rx installed in my helion criterion buggy. works like a champ until today. the throttle just stopped working. steering still works fine. when I turn the system on to bind it normally would beep 1 time then beep 3 more times. but now the last 3 beeps are super quiet and no throttle control. did i burn out the rx or the esc? im still getting an input light on the esc. lights up red when I give it any throttle input.

any thoughts would be great. im totally lost.

So I have an Arrma Atx300 tx/rx installed in my helion criterion buggy. works like a champ until today. the throttle just stopped working. steering still works fine. when I turn the system on to bind it normally would beep 1 time then beep 3 more times. but now the last 3 beeps are super quiet and no throttle control. did i burn out the rx or the esc? im still getting an input light on the esc. lights up red when I give it any throttle input.

any thoughts would be great. im totally lost.
It's been a few days and I still can't get this to work again pls someone help. There are no hobby stores left in my city and I have nobody to help.

Ok well despite no help from this forum or the arrma company I finally found my problem. turns out I broke a brush inside my motor. My criterion buggy is discontinued so no replacement parts are available. I'll hold up hope that someone here might respond, but what can I replace my discontinued motor/esc with? I'm looking for a brushless setup. My current motor is a Metric 12T 540 brushed with a Metric 35a esc. I'm looking for a bit more power but the same acceleration to top speed ratio.

To be fair as to why you may not have gotten help, you did come to an Arrma forum looking for help on a Helion car... Just saying LOL

But after some research I am finding that your car may have a 540 sized motor. The link below is to Amain Hobbies 540 sized motors. You never said if you were looking to stay with a brushed motor or looking to upgrade to brushless.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/540-si...zGZ1fymsHAtJ_WYkjSkO9VnjE6fMDYxAaAuZLEALw_wcB

Edit:
On the Helion website under parts, the below system is listed as an upgrade.

https://www.hobbytown.com/reaktor-b...2pole-motor-combo-by-radient-rdna0023/p501573

To be fair as to why you may not have gotten help, you did come to an Arrma forum looking for help on a Helion car... Just saying LOL

But after some research I am finding that your car may have a 550 sized motor. The link below is to Amain Hobbies 550 sized motors. You never said if you were looking to stay with a brushed motor or looking to upgrade to brushless.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/550-size-motors-electric-1-10-scale-escs-electronics-cars-trucks/c1890
I came here cause I have an arrma tx/Rx and it seemed like a binding issue. I did say I wanted to try to go brushless tho. The motor itself said 540. I'm not even too concerned about matching that as long as the bolt holes line up so I can mount it. I will reuse the spur gears as they are metal and not the cheap plastic ones.

I came here cause I have an arrma tx/Rx and it seemed like a binding issue. I did say I wanted to try to go brushless tho. The motor itself said 540. I'm not even too concerned about matching that as long as the bolt holes line up so I can mount it. I will reuse the spur gears as they are metal and not the cheap plastic ones.
I now see where you said that you wanted to go brushless. Sorry about not seeing that earlier. As far as I know the motor industry has fairly standardized bolt hole placements. So you should be able to get any 540 sized motor and bolt it up. The only thing that may be different is the hardware size. I am also not familiar with your ESC so you may have to get a new ESC as well if yours isn't brushless capable.

The Castle systems have been a direct bolt in to my 1/8 Arrma but I did drill and tap the holes in the motor end cap for the larger Arrma motor mount screws. The holes lined up and I could have used the smaller diamter Castle hardware but wanted the larger screws.

I now see where you said that you wanted to go brushless. Sorry about not seeing that earlier. As far as I know the motor industry has fairly standardized bolt hole placements. So you should be able to get any 540 sized motor and bolt it up. The only thing that may be different is the hardware size. I am also not familiar with your ESC so you may have to get a new ESC as well if yours isn't brushless capable.

The Castle systems have been a direct bolt in to my 1/8 Arrma but I did drill and tap the holes in the motor end cap for the larger Arrma motor mount screws. The holes lined up and I could have used the smaller diamter Castle hardware but wanted the larger screws.
Np. I planned to replace both the motor and esc. As for finding a motor that fits I haven't quite figured it out yet. I found a comparison of how many turns on a 12T is on a brushless as it doesn't count turns. But that doesn't tell me anything about if the brushless motor is a 540 etc so basically I'm looking for the brushless equivalent to a 12T 540 brushed motor, but in a brushless. Also trying to get a bit more overall power through it so I want the same ratio of speed to acceleration. With brushless is this as simple as buying one with more amps? With the old 12T 540 it will roast the tires off on any surface but it's just enough to be able to controlled drift. So I'm not looking for alot more power but if I'm gonna replace it might as well step up a bit.

You just cant help some people can ya??? Thought he woulda said thanks for the input tho?? Oh well bash on!! lol

How did I come across ungrateful? I appreciate the input and I'm always learning from it. And today I have been at work so my responses are kindof jumbled quickly together. There's no need to do any bashing. I'm just trying to figure all this out without any knowledge of it. I'm learning the specifics as I find need for them. The RC I have is discontinued and unsupported and without any local place to take it, the forums is where I had to turn.

I didn't think you came across as ungrateful. The term bashing in rc world is basically driving the cars, or bashing them. But the upgraded system listed from Helion was a 3500kv, so I guess that is where I would start for a new system. I would look for a motor that is the same can diameter and length and has the same shaft size as your stock brushed motor in 3500kv and go from there and I would also try to find it in a combo with an ESC so that you know they will work together and that way you don't have to wonder if they will work together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back