Arrma Big Rock 3s shock upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
What’s the best solution for replacing the stock shocks on my big rock 3s? Only had it a week and 3 are leaking already.

I own two sets of Typhon 6S shocks, one for my Kraton 4S and one for my Typhon 3S, but the Typhon 3S is getting moved to Infraction shocks and shorter towers, so they are going on my Granite instead.

Oh and I have a third set... on my Typhon 6S ??

Looks like the Typhon 6s are hard to find. Anyone have any luck with aftermarket shocks? Big bore, Hot racing, GPM, etc....

I own two sets of Typhon 6S shocks, one for my Kraton 4S and one for my Typhon 3S, but the Typhon 3S is getting moved to Infraction shocks and shorter towers, so they are going on my Granite instead.

Oh and I have a third set... on my Typhon 6S ??
Show off

Looks like the Typhon 6s are hard to find. Anyone have any luck with aftermarket shocks? Big bore, Hot racing, GPM, etc....
On the eBay shocks, they are good for a little while but after about 15 runs or so they were starting to leak, some of my shafts bent etc. and in one of my first runs my shock ends started popping off but I found some Aluminum ones and loctited them on and that solved that problem?
Typhon shocks are a lot better Though both performance wise and aesthetically

Has any used Proline shocks on the Big Rock 3s? If so, can someone provide me specs for the correct ones to order.

Hey Guys. Still pretty new to Arrma but I love my Big Rock and after just widening it with Typhon Turnbuckles, RPM Typhon Arms, and HR ball ends my shocks are junk as well.
If I can get the Typhon 6s Shock what exactly do I get to fit the Big rock? 2 Typhon fronts and 2 rears....or 2 pairs of fronts? Or 2 pairs of Rears? I'm not sure of the lengths is basically what I'm asking.
Thanks!

Hey Guys. Still pretty new to Arrma but I love my Big Rock and after just widening it with Typhon Turnbuckles, RPM Typhon Arms, and HR ball ends my shocks are junk as well.
If I can get the Typhon 6s Shock what exactly do I get to fit the Big rock? 2 Typhon fronts and 2 rears....or 2 pairs of fronts? Or 2 pairs of Rears? I'm not sure of the lengths is basically what I'm asking.
Thanks!
Fronts for the front and rears for the rears.

Thanks for clarifying that slick2500! Much appreciated! ?
In the suspension section is a sticky, the first post has some alternative shocks if you can't the Typhon 6s shocks.

Fronts for the front and rears for the rears.
Thanks!
If you were running rpm arms or stock, it would pretty much be a swap out. You might need the correct size pivot ball for the bottom of the shocks and spaces/washers for the front. This will keep the shock from rubbing the driveshafts. Them Typhon shocks went up big time $100 for a set. I bought mine for around $60 couple of months ago.

Last edited:
If you were running rpm arms or stock, it would pretty much be a swap out. You might need the correct size pivot ball for the bottom of the shocks and spaces/washers for the front. This will keep the shock from rubbing the driveshafts. Them Typhon shocks went up big time $100 for a pair. I bought mine for around $60 couple of months ago.
At $100 you are better off buying Tekno shocks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back