Big Rock Arrma Big Rock 3S V3 BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frjeff

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
My first surface RC will be here mid next week.. I have batteries, charger, tool kit.
Wondering if there are any Big Rock V3 fixes/mods that ought be done prior to the first run.
Sort of like a pre-flight on an aircraft plus immediate fixes out of the box.

All tips appreciated.

Just a bolt check throughout should be sufficient on a V3. They are real RTR.

Applying Gorilla Tape (or drywall tape + shoe goo) inside the body could be a very good idea as well to help the body durability.

Many people like to open the diffs to make sure they are properly filed with oil before they run the truck, but I'd say this is not mandatory before the first run.

My first surface RC will be here mid next week.. I have batteries, charger, tool kit.
Wondering if there are any Big Rock V3 fixes/mods that ought be done prior to the first run.
Sort of like a pre-flight on an aircraft plus immediate fixes out of the box.

All tips appreciated.
I would just recommend going through the entire exterior of the rig and check that all nuts and screws are tight. In my experience, the 3S line is ready to go right out of the box without much meddling. Lubing the bearings up can't hurt any, either.

• Screw check
  • Throttle calibration
  • Check for any fluid leaks, box will show it
  • Vent tires if they aren’t from the factory
  • With the tires off, car up on a block, test to see what happens when the transmitter looses signal but turning it off abruptly
  • Have fun

My V3 BRCC diffs required diff fluid top ups - this is how they looked when I opened them up:

77B40FB2-5D23-4A3C-A4A7-04F0E69358B5.jpeg

Loctite the axles, especially the rear right one. They've fallen off my Granite and BRCC. I would also (re)do the motor screws and add metal 3x6 washers.

I finally took her out for her maiden voyage (quick 10min romp in the every small back yard) after checking all the nuts bolts and screws that are easily accessible, setting throttle, etc. Seems sluggish off the line, but I posted about that in another thread. Here's the 1/8" foam tape I used to seal the transmission housing.
BRCC.jpg
BRCC1.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back