Big Rock Arrma big rock crew cab - has a mind of its own!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DjaySmoov

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
I just recently purchased a Arrma big rock crew cab 4x4 3s blx- but for some reason when starting it up, the steering has a mind of its own
and starts moving all on its own (like crazy).

Throttle is fine, it's just the steering is out of control with no input from myself.

I have tried re-binding the transmitter and receiver also resetting the ESC.

Is this a interference (Frequency issue)…?

Faulty receiver maybe?

Anyone have any ideas....?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
You'll need to replace your servo, unfortunately

With your next servo, make sure to set your dual rate or end points. What usually fries servos is when they try to push past the steering limit or impacts from jumps (this is how mine died)

All stock Arrma servos are made on the cheap and have a fairly high failure rate. At least now you'll have an excuse to swap it out for a better one

The DS3225 servo is a higher spec, cheap and popular swap for the 3s cars, unless you want something better

Thanks for the response!

The truck is literally brand spanking new, havn't even run it yet. (due to the erratic uncontrollable steering)

Symptoms of a faulty servo then?

No problem

Some people break the gears in theirs when they notice the steering was jamming or skipping, but mine suddenly became jittery, won't turn one way and/or the other and was just unusable after a few months... if yours is the same, it's likely the potentiometer on the PCB that is faulty

I had a thread on it trying to find answers too

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/repairing-arrma-servo-ads-15m.20475/

If this is the case I'm sending it back for a replacement!

Sounds like you got unlucky. Hopefully it gets sorted asap.

FWIW usually the servo is the first to go with most brands anyway but generally people get to use it first.

Hope you figure it out, when you do just warranty faulty part.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back