Arrma Big Rock Shock Absorbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stock shocks are oil filled and perform well. I would only upgrade if you are breaking shock parts and need more durable shocks.

The Typhon 6S shocks are a favorite but expensive, you can get them from jennysrc.com if you can find them in stock. Others use a combo of Kraton 6s and Talion shocks I believe. Also there are the Ebay specials. Sure someone will chime in for more info, and look in the Bigrock thread, this has been discussed many times.

The Typhon 6S shocks are a favorite but expensive, you can get them from jennysrc.com if you can find them in stock. Others use a combo of Kraton 6s and Talion shocks I believe. Also there are the Ebay specials. Sure someone will chime in for more info, and look in the Bigrock thread, this has been discussed many times.
Thanks a lot for your info on the shocks advice, Arrmadillo, much appreciated. 😎
Kraton 6s front shocks for the rear of the Big Rock and Mojave 6S front shocks for the front of the Big Rock and change the springs to Team Associated RC8B3 yellow springs.
Thanks a lot matey, all the best Kla912000.

Keep in touch. 👍👌👍

Kraton 6s front shocks for the rear of the Big Rock and Mojave 6S front shocks for the front of the Big Rock and change the springs to Team Associated RC8B3 yellow springs.
Yeah, I knew it was a combo of Kraton 6s shocks and another. I said Talion, but yeah, it's Mohave like you said. 🤙

Yeah, I knew it was a combo of Kraton 6s shocks and another. I said Talion, but yeah, it's Mohave like you said. 🤙
Well, now that the new Talion is out that's probably a possibility also for the 3s rigs. The Talion 6s front shocks might fit the 3s rigs. I'd have to check the size of the Talion shocks.
Thanks a lot for your info on the shocks advice, Arrmadillo, much appreciated. 😎

Thanks a lot matey, all the best Kla912000.

Keep in touch. 👍👌👍
👍

This is exactly what I did. Got them all from Jenny’s. If you want, check out my build thread to see how they fit and look.

Yep as said above best combo and cheapest to buy is the Kraton fronts and Mojave fronts. Also for some reason the EXB shocks were cheaper from Jenny's than the RTR shocks. So pick up the Kraton and Mojave EXB front sets👍
IMG_20210703_151032349.jpg
IMG_20210703_151106040.jpg
IMG_20210703_151521773.jpg

Why not? What's the problem?
Lol he said he's been liking them. I had the same set for a while on my Granite and the ZD racing shocks would leak but can be fixed with added O rings, but also shafts bent pretty easy and are too long as they are exact same as the Kraton set so I had issues popping driveshafts due to the extreme angle from the longer shocks.

Yep as said above best combo and cheapest to buy is the Kraton fronts and Mojave fronts. Also for some reason the EXB shocks were cheaper from Jenny's than the RTR shocks. So pick up the Kraton and Mojave EXB front sets👍View attachment 157109View attachment 157110View attachment 157111
Brilliant my Arrma Forum friend 👏 👍 a BIG Thumbs-Up and thanks ever so much for all of your help in regards to my suspension shocks information. I'm looking forward to getting it sorted.

If I need anymore info regarding the shocks, I'll be in touch.

I so want to make my Arrma Big Rock faster too, if possible up to a 6s battery set up, would that be do-able?
Brilliant my Arrma Forum friend 👏 👍 a BIG Thumbs-Up and thanks ever so much for all of your help in regards to my suspension shocks information. I'm looking forward to getting it sorted.

I so want to make my Arrma Big Rock faster too, if possible up to a 6s battery set up, would that be do-able?
Thanks for all of your Arrma Shocks pictures. 😃

Thanks for all of your Arrma Shocks pictures. 😃
So I wouldn't suggest going above 4s in the 3s rigs as the drivetrain just can't handle it. But I do run 4s in my Granite it's just I have to be more careful to not pop driveshafts or chew up my diffs. If you did want to go 4s you'll need a new 120A+ ESC and a lower kv motor like 2400kv or less. It would also be highly recommend to get at minimum the cvd driveshafts to handle the power and also if you want to put out the money the metal ring and pinion gears for the diffs which also require the diff cups for them. The issue also I'm having is finding tires that don't balloon too crazy or blow apart from the 4s power. I've tried belted but they don't give me the air control I like for flips so been running stock tires and being careful as I've already blown the fronts first time running 4s lol.
Also I've got a YouTube channel if you enjoy watching some good bashing, flips and also speed runs and get an idea of all the different rigs as I own 6 ARRMA's 👍 https://youtube.com/channel/UCyem5aIkTlhlqHjhOQvnJHQ

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back