Arrma Big Rock Shock Absorbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typhon 6S shocks seem to be the most popular choice. Here are front and rear.
Thanks for the info on the shocks for my Arrma Big Rock RC Truck. They excellent mate. Will Defford have to get a set of 4 for my Truck.

Thank you once again dure0016 👍👍👍👍
Thanks for the info on the shocks for my Arrma Big Rock RC Truck. They excellent mate. Will Defford have to get a set of 4 for my Truck.

Deffo!!

Brilliant my Arrma Forum friend 👏 👍 a BIG Thumbs-Up and thanks ever so much for all of your help in regards to my suspension shocks information. I'm looking forward to getting it sorted.

If I need anymore info regarding the shocks, I'll be in touch.

I so want to make my Arrma Big Rock faster too, if possible up to a 6s battery set up, would that be do-able?
Thanks for all of your Arrma Shocks pictures. 🙃
So I wouldn't suggest going above 4s in the 3s rigs as the drivetrain just can't handle it. But I do run 4s in my Granite it's just I have to be more careful to not pop driveshafts or chew up my diffs. If you did want to go 4s you'll need a new 120A+ ESC and a lower kv motor like 2400kv or less. It would also be highly recommend to get at minimum the cvd driveshafts to handle the power and also if you want to put out the money the metal ring and pinion gears for the diffs which also require the diff cups for them. The issue also I'm having is finding tires that don't balloon too crazy or blow apart from the 4s power. I've tried belted but they don't give me the air control I like for flips so been running stock tires and being careful as I've already blown the fronts first time running 4s lol.
Also I've got a YouTube channel if you enjoy watching some good bashing, flips and also speed runs and get an idea of all the different rigs as I own 6 ARRMA's 👍 https://youtube.com/channel/UCyem5aIkTlhlqHjhOQvnJHQ
Hiya mate,
Right OK will go up to 4s like you say that'll be plenty of power for my Arrma Big Rock and change the esc on it too and the motor also buddy.
Thanks for all of your help matey.

Keep in touch, my big Arrma Big Rock friend. 👌 🧐🤜🤛 👏

Lol he said he's been liking them. I had the same set for a while on my Granite and the ZD racing shocks would leak but can be fixed with added O rings, but also shafts bent pretty easy and are too long as they are exact same as the Kraton set so I had issues popping driveshafts due to the extreme angle from the longer shocks.
My bad. Thought he said he didn't like them.

My bad. Thought he said he didn't like them.
I'm going to make own crawler track for my little off road crawler 4x4's, I've been collecting bits of tree branches, to climb over with my small off road RC's. May need some help with that too, if possible.

Should I glue the bits if branches onto my flat wooden board of screws or even mail them to the board?
I'm going to make own crawler track for my little off road crawler 4x4's, I've been collecting bits of tree branches, to climb over with my small off road RC's. May need some help with that too, if possible.

Should I glue the bits if branches onto my flat wooden board of screws or even mail them to the board?
It's going to be a indoor track, about 7foot long by 4foot wide.

Deffo!!
There another piece you need to install them. Some kind of bushing. I’m sure someone smarter than me can give you a part number.

OK matey, thank you. 😁
Or u can use 1/4" nitro tubing. I run the zd racing shocks. Its an axial bushing. Im looking for part # now

20210707_235516.jpg

Kraton 6s front shocks for the rear of the Big Rock and Mojave 6S front shocks for the front of the Big Rock and change the springs to Team Associated RC8B3 yellow springs.
Just upgraded to that Set up (Minus the Springs) on my BRCC looks great

They are a pretty nice set of shocks for the 3s trucks. You'll see when you drive it that the Kraton and Mojave springs are very stiff for the Big Rock. That's why I changed the springs to the Associated springs and the lowered shock oil down to 60wt from the stock 80wt in those shocks. Rides much nicer now.

They are a pretty nice set of shocks for the 3s trucks. You'll see when you drive it that the Kraton and Mojave springs are very stiff for the Big Rock. That's why I changed the springs to the Associated springs and the lowered shock oil down to 60wt from the stock 80wt in those shocks. Rides much nicer now.

Definitely going to lower the stock oil to lower weight… Thanks for the Advice!

What about the stock shocks what oil should work best in them? Also 60???

Typhon 6S shocks seem to be the most popular choice. Here are front and rear.
Hi so will the Typhon 6s shocks go straight on to v3 Big Rock? I see people using kraton front shocks for the rear on the Big rock ect. But if you can swop out the Typhon shocks that sounds good to me 😁

Hi so will the Typhon 6s shocks go straight on to v3 Big Rock? I see people using kraton front shocks for the rear on the Big rock ect. But if you can swop out the Typhon shocks that sounds good to me 😁
Typhon shocks bolt right up. You just need a bushing.

Yes sir. Just get ur axial bushing and ur 👍
Yes sir. Just get ur axial bushing and ur 👍
Would go ahead and recommend the RPM a-arms . using the outside shock hole it will help with the raised height of the truck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back