Arrma Big Rock Shock Absorbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir. Just get ur axial bushing and ur šŸ‘

Would go ahead and recommend the RPM a-arms . using the outside shock hole it will help with the raised height of the truck
Any issue if the shocks are mounted on the inner shock hole of the RPM A-arms then?

Any issue if the shocks are mounted on the inner shock hole of the RPM A-arms then?
The inner RPM shock holes are the same as stock A-arm holes. The outer ones are wider. Which ones you use depends on what is more important to you. Many upgrade shocks are longer, but that's one reason people get them. Using the inner shock holes with longer shocks will get you more ground clearance and more suspension travel. This is better for landing jumps and absorbing bumps over rough terrain. Using the outer shock holes will keep the RC lower to the ground, which is better for turning handling and stability.

The inner RPM shock holes are the same as stock A-arm holes. The outer ones are wider. Which ones you use depends on what is more important to you. Many upgrade shocks are longer, but that's one reason people get them. Using the inner shock holes with longer shocks will get you more ground clearance and more suspension travel. This is better for landing jumps and absorbing bumps over rough terrain. Using the outer shock holes will keep the RC lower to the ground, which is better for turning handling and stability.
Thanks GRC! Very clear on the outer vs inner shock holes purpose now!

Lol he said he's been liking them. I had the same set for a while on my Granite and the ZD racing shocks would leak but can be fixed with added O rings, but also shafts bent pretty easy and are too long as they are exact same as the Kraton set so I had issues popping driveshafts due to the extreme angle from the longer shocks.
I have a problem with at least a couple of the shocks leaking. Would these help to fix that issue? (See link below)
https://usa-m.banggood.com/ZD-Racin...-RC-Car-reviews-p1697201.html?isFromDetails=1

I have a problem with at least a couple of the shocks leaking. Would these help to fix that issue? (See link below)
https://usa-m.banggood.com/ZD-Racin...-RC-Car-reviews-p1697201.html?isFromDetails=1
From the reviews those are for the shock out of the JLB Cheeta and they won't work in the ZD Racing shocks.

"Ron
US
31/05/2021
I could not tell which shocks these fit at purchase. These are for the 1/10 scale ZD racing Cheetah vehicles with plastic bodied shocks. These are a nice addition to my spare parts list."

From the reviews those are for the shock out of the JLB Cheeta and they won't work in the ZD Racing shocks.

"Ron
US
31/05/2021
I could not tell which shocks these fit at purchase. These are for the 1/10 scale ZD racing Cheetah vehicles with plastic bodied shocks. These are a nice addition to my spare parts list."
@slick2500 ok good to know, do you have any tips for fixing the leaks with the shocks?

Is it leaking from around the shock shaft?
At the bottom, I'm sort of scared to open them up as I'm not sure I'd be able to put back together, I've seen that YouTube about them which it looks pretty simple though. Do you know where to buy o rings by chance? I've googled that and not finding much

At the bottom, I'm sort of scared to open them up as I'm not sure I'd be able to put back together, I've seen that YouTube about them which it looks pretty simple though. Do you know where to buy o rings by chance? I've googled that and not finding much
I haven't looked. Mine don't leak. Yat. Don't be worried about taking them apart. I was same way. Still am about diffs. šŸ˜†. But these ZD shocks u don't even need a shock tool. Opening them up and cleaning old fluid out and new oil in May even help ur problem. Is it bent at all? My advice but like I said I haven't had this prob yet...take apart clean and fresh oil. While apart measure the diameter of the shaft or see if u can find specs. That will give exact measurements instead of searching for "shock o rings". Or something similarly general

I haven't looked. Mine don't leak. Yat. Don't be worried about taking them apart. I was same way. Still am about diffs. šŸ˜†. But these ZD shocks u don't even need a shock tool. Opening them up and cleaning old fluid out and new oil in May even help ur problem. Is it bent at all? My advice but like I said I haven't had this prob yet...take apart clean and fresh oil. While apart measure the diameter of the shaft or see if u can find specs. That will give exact measurements instead of searching for "shock o rings". Or something similarly general
That makes sense. They don't seem bent as far as I could tell when I changed the oil after initially purchasing. I bought the vehicle used and one of the shocks was completely empty so I knew that might've been a problem. Heard mixed things about these shocks but, not going to change out yet. On a quick note about the diffs, this is a really good video below that walks through how to take apart and maintain, I'm sure if you took apart the shocks you could definitely do the diffs. Thank you for the advice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back