Arrma Big rock suspension upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex webbe

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi

My son is have a problem with his Suspension. We've been to the skate park 3 times on every occasion the shocks have failed. He landing the big rock pretty well coming off the ramps. Iv replaced two rear shocks and one front. Is there any recommendations on any upgrades that will make things better? Or any evidence on jumping the big rock? But he's pretty much landing on all 4 wheels.

Would bigger tyres help with the impacted. If so which tyres would you recommend.

Thanks

Typhon 6S shocks are probably the most popular shock upgrade for the big rock.

Skate parks are super hard on RC cars. If you keep going to the skate park, you’ll keep breaking parts.

6s shocks. Typhon 6s is "best". Then a combo of mojave and kraton with team associated springs....search the forum. Easy to find. I myself run the ZD Racing shocks. It raises ride height tho. And need the axial bushing for the top cap size is 6.5mm I think

20210725_183900~2.jpg

16273359444857961506133939869400.jpg

6s shocks. Typhon 6s is "best". Then a combo of mojave and kraton with team associated springs....search the forum. Easy to find. I myself run the ZD Racing shocks. It raises ride height tho. And need the axial bushing for the top cap size is 6.5mm I think

View attachment 160465

View attachment 160466
I needed the axial bushings for the 6s shocks as well. And pralines are good but on the pricey side though.

I needed the axial bushings for the 6s shocks as well. And pralines are good but on the pricey side though.
I used none of the above. I used medical grade thick tubing for like a nebulizer machine. Lol u can 1/4 nitro tubing also
I used none of the above. I used medical grade thick tubing for like a nebulizer machine. Lol u can 1/4 nitro tubing also

Attachments

• 16273364153047475670913531001810.jpg
    16273364153047475670913531001810.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 88
Hi

My son is have a problem with his Suspension. We've been to the skate park 3 times on every occasion the shocks have failed. He landing the big rock pretty well coming off the ramps. Iv replaced two rear shocks and one front. Is there any recommendations on any upgrades that will make things better? Or any evidence on jumping the big rock? But he's pretty much landing on all 4 wheels.

Would bigger tyres help with the impacted. If so which tyres would you recommend.

Thanks
Try not to land on concrete but in the grass ;) Ask me how I know!

Typhon 6S shocks are probably the most popular shock upgrade for the big rock.

Skate parks are super hard on RC cars. If you keep going to the skate park, you’ll keep breaking parts.
Lol you definitely have a point!

I will look into typhon shocks

Thank you
I have movaje 6s front shocks on the front and kraton 6s front shocks on the rear of my big rock. Worlds of difference.
thank you

View attachment 160465

View attachment 160466
Can you explain about the 6.5mm bushing please 🙏? how and where will I get them? Thank for having patience with me new to the hobby

No worries pal. Let me go look for the part number. I'll be back
Its AXA1356. U can call ur local hobby shop and ask if in stock. Its kinda iffy sometimes. Due to how many ppl upgrade shocks. Its just a metal sleeve that the screw runs thru instead of a pivot ball. The 6s shocks are 6.5mm and some are 7.5mm cap head. Stock is much smaller. I don't know the dimensions. Check when u buy the shocks.
Its AXA1356. U can call ur local hobby shop and ask if in stock. Its kinda iffy sometimes. Due to how many ppl upgrade shocks. Its just a metal sleeve that the screw runs thru instead of a pivot ball. The 6s shocks are 6.5mm and some are 7.5mm cap head. Stock is much smaller. I don't know the dimensions. Check when u buy the shocks.
If LHS doesn't Amazon or eBay. Check amain horizon etc

If LHS doesn't Amazon or eBay. Check amain horizon etc
Thanks for that! 👊🏼

Back