Big Rock Arrma big rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GursevekRcGuy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I want to know if I should upgrade me spur gear to a meal one and if I should upgrade any other gears to metal? I’m planning to launch my big rock V3. Thanks

Hey guys I want to know if I should upgrade me spur gear to a meal one and if I should upgrade any other gears to metal? I’m planning to launch my big rock V3. Thanks

Hi

My advice is to try it as is. For example, you add heavier tires or belted tires you will add stress to the driveshaft, diff, input gear. Some like myself made those changes and began to eat the input gear due to belted tires. So, I began to make changes to CVDs, metal diffs, input, etc.

If you are going to launch it, the M2C motor plate is a great idea to upgrade very common for the stock plate to bend on launches since the motor is slightly suspended.

I assume you are stock. I would still test first but if I had to do this all over as stock the motor plate might be my first change if launching it. #2 would be for the rear only the HR metal diff yoke. As stock, I did well with the HD stock plastic gears with the HR yoke. The issue is the stock plastic yoke flex with the flex it can move the diff input to the spur can result in gears stripping (happened me 2x before I changed). HR yoke resolved that.

There are more upgrades you can do...but feel it out first

Yep. What @parcou said. Metal spur isn't a have to. I stripped 2 in the beginning but with some foam in the bumper spring and a better motor plate. M2c if possible. Send it!!

I do plenty of launching. Once you set the spur mesh and slipper adjustment thats a big part of it. I have no experience with the M2C motor plate but once i got better at landing my jumps and less head on crashes, i stopped bending motor plates. Even having a metal spur gear, having a bent motor plate with cause havok with metal on metal and likely damage something major. The plastic spur is a quick failsafe thatll fail real fast and prevent motor/pinion failure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back