Arrma BLx Servos..hmm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslstudio22

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
ok so i went threw 3 of them all warranted out on my talion. 2 had electrical issues, and 1 stripped out the gear inside. Finally i was tired of them and decided i didnt want the arrma servo. my shop gave me a hightech servo replacement. we will se how this one does. FIX YOUR SERVOS ARRMA! 500 bucks should be enough spent for quality parts........
with that being said, i love everything else about my talion...haha :)

There seem to have been a few reports about servo issues - either too weak or having random issues. For reference, what was the model number of the hightech servo that your shop sold to you?

Wow - you definitely got a great price! Looks like they usually go for $100. Kudos to your LHS for taking good care of you.

sons granite lost his steering servo 4th battery. gears are gone, you can hear it. Arrma service has new one coming, with NO hassle. Should say, hobby shop offered as well, but it was an hour drive, so called the company.

i'm quite pleased. keeping old one to rebuild, possibly. feel lik i read you can slap metal gears in there... ill have to look into that.

sons granite lost his steering servo 4th battery. gears are gone, you can hear it. Arrma service has new one coming, with NO hassle. Should say, hobby shop offered as well, but it was an hour drive, so called the company.

i'm quite pleased. keeping old one to rebuild, possibly. feel lik i read you can slap metal gears in there... ill have to look into that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arrma sends you a metal geared servo as a replacement for the plastic geared one, (that's what they did for both my son and I with our trucks). I would recommend you wait and see what you get before you buy the metal gear set.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arrma sends you a metal geared servo as a replacement for the plastic geared one, (that's what they did for both my son and I with our trucks). I would recommend you wait and see what you get before you buy the metal gear set.

Indeed. I read about that. In fact. my very first google search brought me here. where I read that might happen.

I meant Ill just keep the "bad" servo. and buy a gear set for it to rebuild and have a SPARE. I work on digital printers for a living... and rebuilding a servo doesn't bother me. that is obviously whats wrong. you can hear the motor working, but the gears grind softly. and the wheels turn freely. Pretty sure it happened when he picked it up by the front wheel.

The reason I'd like a spare: Ill be buying two more arrma RC's. with probable servo problems.

Going to take it apart tonight. to be sure before botherin with ordering the gears. Just hadn't done so yet, because I was concerned Id void the warranty. Again, thuymbs up for arrma customer service.

Pulled it apart. Smallest gear ate it. See it on the left. On top. Little chunks of gear tooth. Attached pic.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 43
Well that was quick. New servo here. Makes sense... Champaign il is only 2hr east of me, that's where the shipment came from. :)

It is, however, the same servo. :( hope it holds up.
image.jpeg

If that one breaks, I would press for a metal replacement as it is a known problem.

I can understand sending an exact replacement one time, but since it is a known problem and there is an upgrade available, you shouldn't have to buy one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back