Arrma body differences ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I've spoken with plenty of people in the real world, and on here about Arrma bodies and if they are the same wether they are pre-painted or clear..!!

Well I'm now totally convinced they are not the same, and I believe they are either made from a different material all together or the clears are just thinner..

My point in case is my shiny newly painted Infraction body VS my mates pre-painted version..

Here's my evidence..?
I had a minor rear ender into a curb and my mate hit my real 1/1 car at near on full speed, I'll let the pictures do the explaining..?

Mine...
I can live with the rear part tearing but a crack right in the middle of the body..!!? come on Arrma ?

IMG_7398.jpeg
IMG_7395.jpeg
IMG_7396.jpeg

My mates...
No cracks or splits, and it all just popped back out to leave practically no damage just a cool looking small dent..!! Arrma tough ?

1596385291383.png
1596385310419.png

Has anyone else experienced this same issue with a clear body..??

I'm sure @Porschetech has had a similar issue..

I've spoken with plenty of people in the real world, and on here about Arrma bodies and if they are the same wether they are pre-painted or clear..!!

Well I'm now totally convinced they are not the same, and I believe they are either made from a different material all together or the clears are just thinner..

My point in case is my shiny newly painted Infraction body VS my mates pre-painted version..

Here's my evidence..?
I had a minor rear ender into a curb and my mate hit my real 1/1 car at near on full speed, I'll let the pictures do the explaining..?

Mine...
I can live with the rear part tearing but a crack right in the middle of the body..!!? come on Arrma ?

View attachment 92537View attachment 92538View attachment 92539

My mates...
No cracks or splits, and it all just popped back out to leave practically no damage just a cool looking small dent..!! Arrma tough ?

View attachment 92541View attachment 92542

Yeps. Tyre exploded and broke my shell. The CHP body had a slight knock and that one cracked too. The original one had a massive head on smack and pushed back into shape ?

I think it’s the paint and the amount of coats used. Makes the body brittle and not flexible.

I think it’s the paint and the amount of coats used. Makes the body brittle and not flexible.
I have often wondered if that is the case, when too much paint is applied ?
Maybe I should go buy another new clear body and paint it with one color lightly coated and crash it..????
For science..?

Yeps. Tyre exploded and broke my shell. The CHP body had a slight knock and that one cracked too. The original one had a massive head on smack and pushed back into shape ?

This ☝️.. certain paints definitely make the plastic more brittle.. ?

I’m starting to think Raz is on to something with his clear bodies. Just toss a few stickers on and good enough ??‍♂️?
I’ve learnt my lesson now. Never bash using your show bodies ?

I’ve learnt my lesson now. Never bash using your show bodies ?
Yeah I gave up on making a Rembrandt and am happy with my late Picasso’s.

I’m starting to think Raz is on to something with his clear bodies. Just toss a few stickers on and good enough ??‍♂️?
I did ask myself, why is he running clears..? maybe he crashes a lot or paints too much..????
This ☝.. certain paints definitely make the plastic more brittle.. ?
I only ever use Tamiya paint..

Edit: I have "another" new clear body for when my EXB finally arrives, I think it will be staying clear..!! ????

Last edited:

Here's my evidence..?

Mine...

View attachment 92537View attachment 92538View attachment 92539

My mates...

View attachment 92541View attachment 92542

Did they paint the outside of the bronze infraction? It looks very satin-y

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back