Arrma body repair/ body post holes best ideas

• 2fiberglass shoe goo and again wide washers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3ortho glass(or what docs use to make casts - not alibaster) and washers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dimos

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys after beating my kraton up real bad I am in need to come up with any definitive solution
can some one suggest what has worked best for them to repair old body/extend life of new body of kraton
I read that bashing flexes the body. I do not think I want to post to post brace yet
I have consulted numerous sources and these are potential ideas to fix reinforce the body
1 shoe goo dry wall fix tape and nylon washers- make washers bigger to allow wiggle room
2fiberglass shoe goo and again wide washers
3ortho glass(or what docs use to make casts - not alibaster) and washers
4use of tesa® 51036 tape extra for additional coverage

Any ideas and discussions are welcome .
thanks you guys again and have a good day
IMG_0756[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0756[1].JPG
    IMG_0756[1].JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 65
Cut and use a sheet of lexan over both body mounts... one long rectangle.. drill the 2 holes and place it on the mounts...it will save the new body..

You could also do the same to repair what you have...

Cut and use a sheet of lexan over both body mounts... one long rectangle.. drill the 2 holes and place it on the mounts...it will save the new body..

You could also do the same to repair what you have...
thank you mate. how do you secure the lexan to the body? do you use any special lexan like RJ Speed Lexan Sheet

Typically it is not attached to the body but the rectangular lexan part just sits on the body posts.. your just adding more (footprint) to spread the load of the post washers so they cant pound through the body...

oh well the holes are completely ripped on the body lol so the post pins do not even hold the body cover in place. If I places pins the body just comes off during the run. Thats why I was not sure

Yes, the above method is used to prevent this damage, if you can use 2 pieces and sandwich the damaged area you may get some more use out of what you have...

oh well the holes are completely ripped on the body lol so the post pins do not even hold the body cover in place. If I places pins the body just comes off during the run. Thats why I was not sure
If you go the lexan sheet route, which I think is a great idea, you may have to bore out the holes on your posts to allow for the extra thickness of the sheets. You might be able to compress the body enough to get the pins in without enlarging the holes, but my guess is that it will be very tight. Same applies if you reinforce the body from underneath with drywall tape, shoe goo and a washer. Sounds like you're past that point, but something to remember for the next body. There's always a next body if you're doing it right.

thanks yall advice i am yet in search of close to perfect setup that will last a long while. so my final thoughts are washers with lexan rectangle sheets secured over the body from above and below via small screws and nuts using loctite as final setup. b4 that drywall and shoo goo then covered with 3m undercover. the only downfall from what I read is that shoe goo will eat away the paint

Hey guys after beating my kraton up real bad I am in need to come up with any definitive solution
can some one suggest what has worked best for them to repair old body/extend life of new body of kraton
I read that bashing flexes the body. I do not think I want to post to post brace yet
I have consulted numerous sources and these are potential ideas to fix reinforce the body
1 shoe goo dry wall fix tape and nylon washers- make washers bigger to allow wiggle room
2fiberglass shoe goo and again wide washers
3ortho glass(or what docs use to make casts - not alibaster) and washers
4use of tesa® 51036 tape extra for additional coverage

Any ideas and discussions are welcome .
thanks you guys again and have a good day
IMG_0756[1].JPG
Magnetic posts

Back