Kraton ARRMA Composite Slider Rear Driveshaft 4x4 KRATON 775 how to install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiu

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Typhon 3s
Just got AR310888. Not long enough. Is there another piece needed? I feel so dumb but can't find info anywhere.

Just got AR310888. Not long enough. Is there another piece needed? I feel so dumb but can't find info anywhere.
That’s the right part for the K4S/OC4S rear. Can you show pics of the old vs new collapsed?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 67
Damn. Was hoping to find a more durable driveshaft but got confused and ended up wasting money I guess. Can you explain why on Towerhobbies, it says this driveshaft is for the Kraton 4s? That part confuses the hell out of me.
It is the REAR driveshaft, not the CENTER driveshaft for the K4S

I see. Need a front AND rear of that type. And the connect the two?

No, you need to purchase the center driveshaft, you bought rear wheel driveshafts.. there are 2 driveshafts in the back to turn the rear wheels, 2 shafts in the front to turn the front wheels, 1 shaft in the center to transfer power from the module to the front... (center driveshaft)

Not afraid to admit, I am a dumbass. Thought I was getting a stronger driveshaft to run front to back, but got driveshafts for the wheels. Oh well. I have extras. :(

Exactly, it's not a loss by any means, never know when you're gonna need some...?

No, you need to purchase the center driveshaft, you bought rear wheel driveshafts.. there are 2 driveshafts in the back to turn the rear wheels, 2 shafts in the front to turn the front wheels, 1 shaft in the center to transfer power from the module to the front... (center driveshaft)
Didn’t clue in. Yep, I’m an idiot. At least I have spares. ?

Didn’t clue in. Yep, I’m an idiot. At least I have spares. ?

?? not an idiot, crap happens, and those spares will be handy if and when the driveshafts pop at the u-joint..?.. what happened to the factory center shaft? A rock grind through it?

?? not an idiot, crap happens, and those spares will be handy if and when the driveshafts pop at the u-joint..?.. what happened to the factory center shaft? A rock grind through it?
My previous melted. Been using the one off my Typhon. Got a spare center today also. My Kraton is cursed. So many breakages. But has forced me to learn at least.

My previous melted. Been using the one off my Typhon. Got a spare center today also. My Kraton is cursed. So many breakages. But has forced me to learn at least.

Gotcha, if it melted at the module end the slipper clutch is slipping to much.. keep an eye on that..?

Gotcha, if it melted at the module end the slipper clutch is slipping to much.. keep an eye on that..?
Yep. Had to get a new one. Many replacements so far. Gonna invest in some Hot Racing parts. I hate plastic gears.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back