This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, now it's in the right place. Wing came off early, both screws stripped out of the holes. Rear body mounts came loose, on broke. Lucky a bag of spares came in the box, and I drilled through the mount so I could put a screw with lock nut to hold them on in the future. Wing mount arms both snapped, so I shaved them, trimmed the body, and have a makeshift stubby wheelie bar until new parts are ordered (probably aftermarket) Body took a good beating, but still in one piece. It's going to take some time to learn how to run this little monster, but all things considered, the rest of the truck held up well.

Attachments

• 20181223_133551[1].jpg
    20181223_133551[1].jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20181223_133626[1].jpg
    20181223_133626[1].jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20181223_145310[1].jpg
    20181223_145310[1].jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 20181223_143237[1].jpg
    20181223_143237[1].jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 60
This is from my first skatepark outing.​
Spectacular 20+ foot treetop launch to crappy sideways landing.​
Broken 4s hard pack case, L shaped front CVD, missing rear dog bone, cracked both front steering hub and rear hub, warped the big gear on front and rear diff, rear bulkhead out of wack, upper a-arm and hurt my pride. All after a full tuneup the night before, lol.​

It did Mr clean magic erase worked perfect!;)

I was doing some speed runs, when a concrete garbage can jumped in the way. When i attempted to avoid the can there was no servo response. So i went head on with the can and lost, i only bounced back about a foot. Considering the circumstances the nero held up pretty well, only about $200 in damages. Ebay & T/H helped cut the cost down plus extra parts.:cool:
Looks like you ran into the garbage truck....cheese!

Plus one for me again, lol...

So, a 20 tooth pinion on a Yowoo 6s 6000mah 100c battery WOT crash today. The battery is in a vented ammo can on discharge at the moment. Wishing I had a way to get it to 0v before I toss it. In the crash the battery tray was ripped from the car tearing the servo and ESC wires from the receiver box. I just got a servo wire kit and crimping tool the other day. Didn’t think I’d be using it for this, lol.

It was going between 60-70 mph on impact. The battery is dented on a couple spots. Almost punctured. I’m sitting next to it wile it discharges getting drunk, lol. The car went a little wild in the last seconds at full speed and went into the rocks on the side of the road. Flipped up and tumbled a couple times quick then hit a storm drain and stopped immediately tossing the battery with a mini light show as the battery disconnected.

One of the pillow balls popped out but nothing else seems to be broke at the moment. I’ll dig in this weekend... already looking at a new battery. Same thing only 5000mah. Ordered the bits off Jenny’s too.

I’m hoping the M2c chassis is still straight.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, there ain't much holding those battery trays down. Next time I rip mine out, I'll re-mount it with screws, nuts and washers, all the way through, and glue a rubber pad down to protect the battery from the screws.

Plus one for me again, lol...

So, a 20 tooth pinion on a Yowoo 6s 6000mah 100c battery WOT crash today. The battery is in a vented ammo can on discharge at the moment. Wishing I had a way to get it to 0v before I toss it. In the crash the battery tray was ripped from the car tearing the servo and ESC wires from the receiver box. I just got a servo wire kit and crimping tool the other day. Didn’t think I’d be using it for this, lol.

It was going between 60-70 mph on impact. The battery is dented on a couple spots. Almost punctured. I’m sitting next to it wile it discharges getting drunk, lol. The car went a little wild in the last seconds at full speed and went into the rocks on the side of the road. Flipped up and tumbled a couple times quick then hit a storm drain and stopped immediately tossing the battery with a mini light show as the battery disconnected.

One of the pillow balls popped out but nothing else seems to be broke at the moment. I’ll dig in this weekend... already looking at a new battery. Same thing only 5000mah. Ordered the bits off Jenny’s too.

I’m hoping the M2c chassis is still straight.View attachment 40187View attachment 40188View attachment 40189
Yup, there ain't much holding those battery trays down. Next time I rip mine out, I'll re-mount it with screws, nuts and washers, all the way through, and glue a rubber pad down to protect the battery from the screws.
A little two step JB Weld in the holes, before putting the screws in, goes a long way. Did the same thing for the side guard screws.

A little two step JB Weld in the holes, before putting the screws in, goes a long way. Did the same thing for the side guard screws.
I’m seriously considering a HR battery tray. I think it’s the only part I don’t have at this point and my new batteries are on the tight side in the stock tray as it is... I want to make Kydex clam shell protectors for my LiPo’s. Almost like a soap travel box. Easy enough to make one for each battery I own. Damaging batteries is expensive. Kydex is cheap. This is the second one for me.

Tree: 1
Typhon 3s :0

Attachments

• 3C055B8B-7A4E-4F6A-8A00-E9B4EE59F9E1.jpeg
    3C055B8B-7A4E-4F6A-8A00-E9B4EE59F9E1.jpeg
    437.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 88223C60-20F5-4531-B077-49C9EDDFE6AF.jpeg
    88223C60-20F5-4531-B077-49C9EDDFE6AF.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 63
  • C1D6C83D-B7FE-486D-BE8C-998350A23797.jpeg
    C1D6C83D-B7FE-486D-BE8C-998350A23797.jpeg
    517.9 KB · Views: 57
Yep, that's some carnage right there. Been there, but not quite as gnarly. Mine broke between the ESC and rear of the motor can. I tried to support it with some Gorilla tape until the replacement chassis arrived from JRC, but it didn't hold up. ?‍♂️

Just a broken a arm,I snickered when I ordered spares,thinking I would never break a rear arm.
If you’re buying stock arms, soak them in WD40 overnight before installing them. Supposed to make them less brittle. Or buy RPM arms and deal with the soggy bits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back