This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a bummer Havoc. I too have watched wheels go rolling off, usually after hitting immovable objects. Good to hear the Big Rock is insane. Was checking out the Outcast today while buying a new wing mount at my LHS. Looks bigger than I expected, definitely sick trick/jump potential. Wheelie bar looked quality.Told the guys there to check out Thomas P's vids on the forum. Might just pull the plug and bring her home, or maybe the Kraton... so many choices. Love my Typhon, but getting the new RC itch for some big tire bashing. Hope your rig is up running again soon.

Thanks for the well wishes haha. I actually had ordered spares of everything except the bearings. never expected to blow those out. I have been eying up a sealed bearing kit anyway, and now it's ordered. I'm still going to mosey down to my LHS and see if they happen to have them in stock. they don't carry Arrma, but a bearing is a bearing.

I'm only 2 1/2 packs into my Big Rock, so I'm still itch freen but the outcast looks pretty legit!

Thanks for the well wishes haha. I actually had ordered spares of everything except the bearings. never expected to blow those out. I have been eying up a sealed bearing kit anyway, and now it's ordered. I'm still going to mosey down to my LHS and see if they happen to have them in stock. they don't carry Arrma, but a bearing is a bearing.

I'm only 2 1/2 packs into my Big Rock, so I'm still itch freen but the outcast looks pretty legit!
I bought an Avid rubber sealed bearing kit and so far so good, only put them on diff outputs so far. Pretty cheap for good quality. I'll need to decide on next Arrma rig, Outcast looks very tempting for my driving style.

I bought an Avid rubber sealed bearing kit and so far so good, only put them on diff outputs so far. Pretty cheap for good quality. I'll need to decide on next Arrma rig, Outcast looks very tempting for my driving style.

Im a little backwards. I picked up the fasteddy kit since I couldn't find the answers to my questions in the vendor forum. his kit includes a sealed bearing that avid doesn't stock. then I'll be able to answer everyones questions that remain unanswered.

There's so many great photos on this thread of well worn RCs with road-rash and battle scars.
That's the way a well used RC should look!

Kids beat the tar out of Kraton, Outcast, and Typhon trying out new bash spot. Realized they were trying to outdue each other with back flips. Too many lid and wing landings to count. Before and after pics included. Poor bug body has 4 inch split in back now after shoveling earth at high speeds.
IMG_20161221_161712243.jpg
IMG_20161221_210237334.jpg

Last edited:
Kids beat the tar out of Kraton, Outcast, and Typhon trying out new bash spot. Realized they were trying to outdue each other with back flips. Too many lid and wing landings to count. Before and after pics included. Poor bug body has 4 inch split in back now after shoveling earth at high speeds.View attachment 4589 View attachment 4590

You have, off course, eased their suffering...And nailed them with their ears against the back side of the shed... ;-)

Now I know why sons Typhon switched to rear wheel drive at conclusion of carnage bash session. 2nd time Typhon center diff planetary gear has failed, just hadn't shimmed his with TD planetary shims like I did to mine yet. Hopefully rest of gears are OK, don't feel like spraying brake cleaner at the moment....Lol.
IMG_20161223_204220364.jpg

That's what I was thinking... @Rich Duperbash how much C4 did you use on that thing?! :D
That's funny! Looks worse than it really is. Mostly darkened diff oil, sure looks ugly though...Lol. Think we need to chill out some with brutal bash/carnage sessions, starting to feel like a mechanic in my garage.

Kids beat the tar out of Kraton, Outcast, and Typhon trying out new bash spot. Realized they were trying to outdue each other with back flips. Too many lid and wing landings to count. Before and after pics included. Poor bug body has 4 inch split in back now after shoveling earth at high speeds.View attachment 4589 View attachment 4590

Are they going to help with the wrenching?

Are they going to help with the wrenching?
Yeah right....Lol. My daughter has helped a few times actually, my son needs to get with the program and learn tools. At this rate he'll be one of those who needs help fixing everything...Sure hope he doesn't join the ranks of male haplessness. Hopefully, he'll take more interest in non-gaming stuff soon.

Yeah right....Lol. My daughter has helped a few times actually, my son needs to get with the program and learn tools. At this rate he'll be one of those who needs help fixing everything...Sure hope he doesn't join the ranks of male haplessness. Hopefully, he'll take more interest in non-gaming stuff soon.

It's completely different when having some skin in the game, be it time, money or both.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back