This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I have everyone here beat with carnage.....lol. Run two 3cell lipos with 25c ratings for almost 5 minutes. Next thing I know car stops dead in its tracks with no response at all. As I'm walking over to it I then notice the flames, one of the batteries decides to let go and pops. Burned my battery tray, battery straps, center gear cover, roll cage, receiver box, battery connectors and body. All fixed now though. Replaced body with jconcepts illusion body and got everything else in a kit off eBay for $20 shipped to my door.

Attachments

• 20170405_152123.jpg
    20170405_152123.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 20170405_152131.jpg
    20170405_152131.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 158
Think I have everyone here beat with carnage.....lol. Run two 3cell lipos with 25c ratings for almost 5 minutes. Next thing I know car stops dead in its tracks with no response at all. As I'm walking over to it I then notice the flames, one of the batteries decides to let go and pops. Burned my battery tray, battery straps, center gear cover, roll cage, receiver box, battery connectors and body. All fixed now though. Replaced body with jconcepts illusion body and got everything else in a kit off eBay for $20 shipped to my door.
Probably the "C" rating on those packs. Minimum is 35C so you may have overheated the battery that let go. JMO.

Nothing some shoe goo and mesh tape can't fix right....??? Lol.... Just messing bro, glad you got it fixed for cheap it sounds. Were they older packs or possibly damaged?

Probably the "C" rating on those packs. Minimum is 35C so you may have overheated the battery that let go. JMO.
That's exactly what happened!

Nothing some shoe goo and mesh tape can't fix right....??? Lol.... Just messing bro, glad you got it fixed for cheap it sounds. Were they older packs or possibly damaged?

Unfortunately they were traxxas lipos for my rustler. They were the only 3c I had and wanted to see what the senton would really do.......lol. They were 25c rated....

OR, Cut the top off and make it a convertible.
That'd be cool except for the roll cage. Kinda like a convertible batmobile with a roll cage.........lol.

Yo, those are some gnarly pics. What the heck happened to that Fazon. I would have cried.

A few lessons learned:
Led lights on a bashing bumper doesn't last very long: check
Landing on the front is baaaad: check
Landing when facing down is not good: check
Looking away when in mid-air is not very smart: check
Not finishing a backflip is not advisable: check
Jumping high on a hard surface is not very forgivingfull: check

:p

20180213_185156.jpg

Got my outcast out last night daughter got confused and hit full throttle into the jeep trying to stop lol took off stock bumber can't load pics yet but was kinda funny

Speed run that ended with me hitting a metal girder at high speed. I went it sideways took a direct impact to the rear chassis brace. Battery tray completely separated from the chassis. Damaged the rear of the motor, bent the chassis, broke a mount off the ESC, broke the front body post and busted a shock top. It wasn't pretty but it could have been much worse.

1537642644899485601630.jpg

15376427111041200703989.jpg

20180922_154810.jpg
20180922_154543.jpg
20180922_153946.jpg
20180922_152528.jpg
20180922_152503.jpg
20180922_160916.jpg

I think the motor is fine. I took off the back and everything looked good. Shock top went back on. I'll need a new battery tray but that was in my list as a few of the screws had pulled threads on it. I'll definitely get another Voltage Hobbies chassis brace. My biggest question is the chassis. Can I just pound that flat? If not are there aftermarket chassis that are better? Not that I blame the chassis for bending, lol. But if I have to get a new one might as well get a better one.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back