Arrma differential rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just made 2 spools, the easy way. I had 2 new Hot Racing diff cases, and 2 new center diffs from Jennys. Just put everything into the Hot Racing aluminum diffs, with shims, new sealed bearings and 1M diff fluid !!! I might of well used play dough. They are STIFF! One's going into my Nortorious, and one in my Kraton. For sure won't have front tires ballooning, but will probably bust the pins, or the front or rear diffs. We'll see.:)
How long did it take to get the 1m to settle in the cup? I have 1m waiting for a second center dif I keep as a spare.

I have been using 1m in the center diffs. of both our Kratons all winter-been working good. I scoop the fluid out with a flat screwdriver because it would take days to pour.

I did not wait. I used a flat bladed screwdriver, and smooshed it in everywhere. Turned the gears for awhile, then smooshed some more, then put it together.

I did not wait. I used a flat bladed screwdriver, and smooshed it in everywhere. Turned the gears for awhile, then smooshed some more, then put it together.
That is a very technical term, smoosh. Could you please be more descriptive of this process.?

Hey guys. I picked up a complete diff rebuild set for my outcast but it does not come with the shims ar709057 in the kit?? I assume I need to buy them separately which is silly as it’s a complete kit?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back