Kraton Arrma ESC stopped working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hvnfn1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I bought the 6S BLX and is awesome. The ESC stopped working after 2 weeks. The support group quickly responded and said they would send a new one. It's been almost 4 weeks. I've reached out, but haven't heard anything. I'm assuming there may be supply issues. Is there another ESC anyone would recommend?

So I bought the 6S BLX and is awesome. The ESC stopped working after 2 weeks. The support group quickly responded and said they would send a new one. It's been almost 4 weeks. I've reached out, but haven't heard anything. I'm assuming there may be supply issues. Is there another ESC anyone would recommend?

A free one is always the best one....yep there have been delays with Horizon Hobby. There are some good choices but I've not graduated enough to recommend yet...

A free one is always the best one....yep there have been delays with Horizon Hobby. There are some good choices but I've not graduated enough to recommend yet...
I get it. And I'm also wanting to play. ;)

The ESC blinks red showing the battery is low voltage and won't do anything after that. Using my charger, the battery is fine. Thanks for the recommendation.

That is not a defective ESC.
Unplug your steering servo and see if it works. If yes it's a bad servo.

If no, make sure your throttle trim is zero, could be failsafe. On the DX3 you hear a beep when you cross zero.

If that still doesn't work, unplug the motor wires and power on. Power off again, reconnect and power back up.

I'm 80% sure it's the servo killing the BEC voltage.

When I turn it on, it beeps 6 times, then starts flashing red - the LVC error.
I tried removing the steering servo - no change.
Throttle trim is zero.
Unplugged the motor wires and then replugged them in as above. No change.
It doesn't respond to any transmitter inputs.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm open to any other suggestions.

The red flashing is not LVC, it is telling you that you do not have a connection to your receiver. It's missing the signal. By all means that could be internal to the ESC and not fixable.

I assume you never unplugged anything, based on your initial post, but double check that your ESC is plugged in correctly to the receiver, black wire to the outside of the receiver.

My only other guess is a defective ESC-to-Receiver cable. It's either kinked or something similar. Seen them break right at the entry point to the ESC.
By all means, I would uninstall the ESC and take a close look at the wire and the connector as well, sometimes the barrel makes a bad connection. Could be due to dirt, corrosion etc.
If that still doesn't work, I will concede and agree with a bad ESC ;).

Post a picture of your ESC with wires visible. Might be something not so obvious.

So I checked everything. I hadn't taken anything apart until now. The ESC has an orange and black pair that goes to the receiver. There is also a red and black wire that looks like it may power an acessory like a heat sink fan, but that wire is bare. Look like there may have been a futaba J plug there, but is now gone. It's the clip directly above the 10" marker. Not my ESC, but shows what I think is missing. Would this have any affect?

150esc.jpg

Yes, that will do it. The program/fan port has the same power that goes to your receiver. If any of those wires/pins is shorting out the receiver will not power up, and you get the red blinking LED.
Just replace the fan, comes with wires.

It's from the wire from the ESC to the jport for the fan. I separated and taped the wires, but still a no go. Thought you had something there, but I think it may be internal. I appreciate all the tips.

I would throw that wire away, something melted them together. Most likely that fried your ESC.
A picture would help, just guessing here. If you disconnect that wire from the port and you still get the blinking red light, you are at the end of the road.

Just found out it was my receiver was dead and needed to be replaced.

That is not a defective ESC.
Unplug your steering servo and see if it works. If yes it's a bad servo.

If no, make sure your throttle trim is zero, could be failsafe. On the DX3 you hear a beep when you cross zero.

If that still doesn't work, unplug the motor wires and power on. Power off again, reconnect and power back up.

I'm 80% sure it's the servo killing the BEC voltage.
Came here for same reason esc kept turning on and off, noticed it when applying steer was very stumped but you my friend just saved me a call to my local hobbie shop haha

Cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back