Felony ARRMA Felony 114Mph Speed Run and a 119Mph pass with a crash!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad the damage was not bad.

I have seen you on YT but didn't put two and two together till now for you Arrma Forum screen name.

What differential ratios do you have in there? It seems like you are way over geared for the speed range you are expecting.
(like 300mph)

Glad the damage was not bad.

I have seen you on YT but didn't put two and two together till now for you Arrma Forum screen name.

What differential ratios do you have in there? It seems like you are way over geared for the speed range you are expecting.
(like 300mph)
Hi brother. Yes...way overgeared. I never was good in math...hahahaha. BUT I changed the diff gears both front and back to 13/43 3.30 ratio from the Felony's original gearing 15/42 2.80 and 14/45 3.21 rear... so I could run same sized tires all around. But still with that I'm overgeared.

Last edited:
I think you held it together well. I would have been dropping everything bombs all the way down to it and then possibly just running it over.
I'm fully prepared to sacrifice my Felony to the speed run Gods for some crazy numbers...lol ????? But in all seriousness it was a few factors that caused the crash. First of all the air temps were around 40 degrees F so the tires were hard with less grip. Next That body isn't very aerodynamic and I wonder what kind of air turbulence those big rear wheel wells cause at high speed and what it does to any downforce. Finally I was drifting toward the curb while I pinned the throttle on 8s. So overcorrecting, pinning throttle, air turbulence, lack of traction and voila...a wipeout. I'm fully expecting disaster to happen at any moment but I am sad that body is very scuffed up now. ??‍♂️ It's like $170 bucks Canadian!

I'm fully prepared to sacrifice my Felony to the speed run Gods for some crazy numbers...lol ????? But in all seriousness it was a few factors that caused the crash. First of all the air temps were around 40 degrees F so the tires were hard with less grip. Next That body isn't very aerodynamic and I wonder what kind of air turbulence those big rear wheel wells cause at high speed and what it does to any downforce. Finally I was drifting toward the curb while I pinned the throttle on 8s. So overcorrecting, pinning throttle, air turbulence, lack of traction and voila...a wipeout. I'm fully expecting disaster to happen at any moment but I am sad that body is very scuffed up now. ??‍♂️ It's like $170 bucks Canadian!
I don't know why ( I do ) but things on canada are so expensive compared to the us. Specially rc parts and pc parts

I don't know why ( I do ) but things on canada are so expensive compared to the us. Specially rc parts and pc parts
Its $119 US dollars...still not cheap. I did find a place here that sells them for $160. It's the damn exchange rate from CDN to USD. Could be worse.. Australia gets nailed even harder...?

Nice pass. Turn down your steering rate next time. You did what I do at times and that’s overcorrected your steering. It’s super hard not to. Once it gets a little sideways all your downforce is gone and 100+ mph sends it flying. Better just letting off the throttle and letting it go where it wants. This case it might have kissed the curb, which may or may not have been worse. Hard to tell from the distance.

Nice pass. Turn down your steering rate next time. You did what I do at times and that’s overcorrected your steering. It’s super hard not to. Once it gets a little sideways all your downforce is gone and 100+ mph sends it flying. Better just letting off the throttle and letting it go where it wants. This case it might have kissed the curb, which may or may not have been worse. Hard to tell from the distance.
Thanks brother I appreciate the kind words.?? I run exponential so if I do make a big correction in the middle of the travel it comes out small at the servo. BUT I may have turned the wheel past all my exponential in the middle in which case it just pinned the wheels sideways. But yeah if I had the rate turned down then it may have saved it. I need to see if my radio can turn on the rate setting and off with one press of a button otherwise it gets dangerous at the end of the run trying to turn the car around with possible traffic. But I was probably making a small correction to the left as I normally do if it doesn't go straight. I'm blaming it on very cold tires, sand at the edge of the road, too much power with 8s and me pinning the throttle. ?? It's pretty cold here so I will have to stew over this all winter now...hahahaha. But I will definitely be back. Looking for 130 with my Slash 4x4 or this car.??

Thanks brother I appreciate the kind words.?? I run exponential so if I do make a big correction in the middle of the travel it comes out small at the servo. BUT I may have turned the wheel past all my exponential in the middle in which case it just pinned the wheels sideways. But yeah if I had the rate turned down then it may have saved it. I need to see if my radio can turn on the rate setting and off with one press of a button otherwise it gets dangerous at the end of the run trying to turn the car around with possible traffic. But I was probably making a small correction to the left as I normally do if it doesn't go straight. I'm blaming it on very cold tires, sand at the edge of the road, too much power with 8s and me pinning the throttle. ?? It's pretty cold here so I will have to stew over this all winter now...hahahaha. But I will definitely be back. Looking for 130 with my Slash 4x4 or this car.??
Yeah I’ve had to three point turn around with my EPA down as well as dual rate. Mine barely turns at all. If I had better control of the wheel I wouldn’t need to do this. But I kind of freak out and overcorrect. That type of mistake ends in a crash every time ?? Witht hat setup you’ll get there. It’s cold here too and I’m not sure when I will get back out for another pass. I’m really hoping it’s soon.

Yeah I’ve had to three point turn around with my EPA down as well as dual rate. Mine barely turns at all. If I had better control of the wheel I wouldn’t need to do this. But I kind of freak out and overcorrect. That type of mistake ends in a crash every time ?? Witht hat setup you’ll get there. It’s cold here too and I’m not sure when I will get back out for another pass. I’m really hoping it’s soon.
Thanks brother. I just watched your 123Mph pass. That was awesome! I subbed as well...yeah hope we can get back out for a pass or two before the snow flys. I'm done with the Felony and Infraction for this year I think. But my Slash 4x4 is ready to go again. I want to break 130Mph.

Thanks brother. I just watched your 123Mph pass. That was awesome! I subbed as well...yeah hope we can get back out for a pass or two before the snow flys. I'm done with the Felony and Infraction for this year I think. But my Slash 4x4 is ready to go again. I want to break 130Mph.
I had my Typhon 3S up to 130mph this year too. Haven’t got it back there since. That pass blew the diffs and have had issues getting it down the road since. Last pass was looking great until the motor mount screws backed out and lost all power.

Now I am hoping to get the Infraction out tomorrow afternoon, even if it’s cold. It’s supposed to be about 45F with 5mph breeze and dry. That’s about the best case scenario on the forecast and I got an itch that needs scratched. ???

I had my Typhon 3S up to 130mph this year too. Haven’t got it back there since. That pass blew the diffs and have had issues getting it down the road since. Last pass was looking great until the motor mount screws backed out and lost all power.

Now I am hoping to get the Infraction out tomorrow afternoon, even if it’s cold. It’s supposed to be about 45F with 5mph breeze and dry. That’s about the best case scenario on the forecast and I got an itch that needs scratched. ???
You lucky guy. That's not bad..dry and 45. Just try and warm the electronics and tires a bit. I love the Infraction...its an awesome RC. I do have a V2 brand new but I don't want to destroy it...yet. ????‍♂️ I want to look at it in one piece over the winter..hahaha. I also have a Typhon that I'm making a GT speed run car with. Well...have fun tomorrow...I like that strip of road you have there. ?

First of all the air temps were around 40 degrees F so the tires were hard with less grip. Next That body isn't very aerodynamic and I wonder what kind of air turbulence those big rear wheel wells cause at high speed and what it does to any downforce.

On cold days it is definitely worth doing a little burn out initially or do some doughnuts to warm up the tires.
Most speed cars have the rear cut out... Like you mentioned the rear wheel wells are likely catching air and it has no good place to escape inside the body. Now that the body is scraped up you may want to consider taking the body scissors to the rear of the car :unsure:
This may be causing your instability at high speeds where the body is parachuting.

Typically people do not run above 2400kv on 8s. That 3200kv is going to pull lots of amps and will need something better than those xt90s I am guessing. There is a good risk of de-soldering them when they heat up and loosing power once the car is going 100+ mph. Luckily the runs are under 8 seconds duration.

Last edited:
On cold days it is definitely worth doing a little burn out initially or do some doughnuts to warm up the tires.
Most speed cars have the rear cut out... Like you mentioned the rear wheel wells are likely catching air and it has no good place to escape inside the body. Now that the body is scraped up you may want to consider taking the body scissors to the rear of the car :unsure:
This may be causing your instability at high speeds where the body is parachuting.

Typically people do not run above 2400kv on 8s. That 3200kv is going to pull lots of amps and will need something better than those xt90s I am guessing. There is a good risk of de-soldering them when they heat up and loosing power once the car is going 100+ mph. Luckily the runs are under 8 seconds duration.
Yeah I have been looking around for different connector options. I know a lot of guys use bullet connectors but I keep all my batteries in an ammo box and I don't want bullets to potentially touch and short a battery out. I will probably get some OSE 8mm anti spark connectors and run those but it will be expensive to switch all my batteries over. XT-90's are so cheap and easy to get here. I'm really amazed myself that none have de-soldered like you said.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back