Felony Arrma Felony 1s "Misdemeanor" -- Making a micro because Arrma won't

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since people were curious, fine, here it is. Not exactly relevant to the thread but whatever.
PXL_20221216_202641119.jpg

you should make some more of those and sell them.
I wish I could, but it takes a lot of work to make these. I'm getting better with working at these scales though, so I might have to consider making a few and selling them to friends.
I think a production version of it would sell for $65 - $80
Really nice work. I can’t believe everyone is just glossing over that nitro talion. Let’s see a close up!
Done
Looks Freaking Fabulous 💪👍

Talk about taking a custom build to the Next level.. 💥🤯
We have another Mad builder!!

How long did it take for you to conceive, Plan and execute on this creation?

I'm going to suggest that the wheels -for sure- can be 3D designed and then printed..(to any size)..
Along with the front steering linkages, front spoiler and rear wing once they are CAD-ed up ,of course.
No idea how long it took me to get it to drive (in total hours), but it was a long time. I completed the chassis build for the tlr ornament about a week ago and even though I had to scratch build the whole thing, I'm more familiar with these tiny cars now so I doubt it took as long.
No harm in sharing more pictures
PXL_20221230_051617560.jpg
PXL_20230107_085731399~2.jpg
PXL_20221224_033147644.jpg
PXL_20230101_022306187.jpg

Sitting with my other arrmas. You can really see how tiny it is next to the 8th scales.
PXL_20230106_213407088.jpg

Next to the micro t
PXL_20221224_033832395~2.jpg

Last edited:
Id hafta use one like the magnifying ones that jewelers wear to cut diamonds!
Hmmm…bad eye site, lots of crashes…I’m beginning to understand the mystery that is Josh 😉😂

Last edited:
I can imagine that most of us want a little rc car to rip around indoors. Horizon used to offer a whole bunch, but eventually the electronics become dated so they were discontinued. Since then, the only small rc cars horizon hobby has offered are the mini t and scx24. Why doesn't arrma sell anything?

Personally, I believe it's down to brand structure. I think that all brands under Horizon have one specific dedicated task. Losi sells scale bashers and cheapened race truggies/buggies, tlr sells competitive race cars, axial sells crawlers, ecx is entry level, and Arrma is strictly for tough, fast, go anywhere rc cars. A mini or micro can't exactly be driven like a Kraton 6s or maybe even a vendetta because they are limited by the terrain they can be driven on. But I'm confident that they can make a bashable mini. The brand is taking off, so why haven't they?
I had no idea.
When they released the Felony tree ornament back in 2021 I intended for it to be a shelf piece. But then I started to get creative. And bored. VERY bored. Actually, I couldn't fall asleep at night because I was always looking at the tree ornament on my shelf, thinking "What if it was functional?"
Ok not like that, but I was wondering. I was working on a full suspension hot wheels rc trophy truck, but I decided to lose it in a drawer and focus on the bite size Felony.

This is the evolution of my 1/55 Felony 1s, aka the Arrma Misdemeanor.View attachment 264439 Back when I first received it. What's funny is that the wheels are put on backwards.
View attachment 264440
Starting the build now. The car was actually glued together so taking it apart was an absolute nightmare. They definitely didn't consider the idea of an rc conversion.
View attachment 264442
Parts layer out. Here are the important bits.
Spektrum slt3 receiver (without case)
Adventure force nano racer parts (gearbox, motor, steering blocks)
Dasmikro ESC
Orlandoo hunter 1.7g servo
Generic 1s lipo
View attachment 264443
Fast forward. Installing gearbox and steering blocks.
View attachment 264444
View attachment 264445
Getting somewhere now. Forgot to mention that those silver circles are the magnets that hold the body on.
View attachment 264446
Steering rack? Pretty sure that's what this is called
View attachment 264447
Test fitting all the parts. The battery will slide in through the back window.
View attachment 264448
Motor soldered to Esc
View attachment 264449
Is it done?
Oops! Not even close. I made a hash of the soldering so I accidentally shorted the receiver.
Plus I like to think of it as a constantly evolving build. Read on, you'll see.
View attachment 264452View attachment 264454View attachment 264453
Some pictures I took following The Great Receiver Massacre of 2022
View attachment 264455
New receiver, it's fixed and it drives! I can't add videos to this thread it seems, but I can assure you, it tears.View attachment 264456
I can only attach 15 files. Will be continuing this thread.
How much for one

Back