Felony Arrma felony Mmx8s 1717 1650kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Marz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Good day rc folk...

I've recently upgraded to a Mmx8s and I've ordered the 1717 1650kv castle motor.

I'm curious to know what sort of gearing should I run for a 100mph basher... on 6s

I've got a hot racing metal centre diff with 500k
Front and rear have 60k .

I've done that to assist with more equal distribution spower .... front and rear aswell as left and right .... as I've noticed the tyre ware was very inconsistent with the stock set up ...

Altho now I'm melting solder leads on the oem spectrum motor

For 100mph 34/46 should put you in the ballpark. But make sure to keep tabs on the temperature of your motor. It may (probably) be necessary to add some fans to make it a basher that you can run for extended periods with that kind of gearing.

As for the tire wear, the stock camber setup will lead to premature wear on the inside of your tires. Give it a bit less camber and you should see that improve.

For 100mph 34/46 should put you in the ballpark. But make sure to keep tabs on the temperature of your motor. It may (probably) be necessary to add some fans to make it a basher that you can run for extended periods with that kind of gearing.

As for the tire wear, the stock camber setup will lead to premature wear on the inside of your tires. Give it a bit less camber and you should see that improve.
What motor mount would I need for that gearing .

I have already ordered double 40mm motor fans and a crazy rpm fan for the esc .... so thats sorted ... regardless of gearing and temp I'll always put a fan on as I tend to be excessive with my bashing style .

I have a look around the alignment and set it with every set of tyres I change to make sure it's all straight and how I want it ...

The tyre ware problem was a left or right balled and the other side still having plenty of thread.

Sometimes I adjust the camber if needed with tyre ware to even it out between battery packs ...

The tyre ware isn't my stress, but I have really enjoyed the power delivery after adjusting the diff oils ...

I've got the stock 27t that comes with it ... ill give that a bash when the motor arrives .and test it out .

I've ordered gears with the motor too , to play around with and get the sweet spot ...

My idea is to have 6s bashing and 8s speed runs.

I've got the limitless spool also coming with the motor. So that might make things interesting... and I've got gears from 11t to 31t.

I've also ordered the mmx8s 1717 1650kv for my kraton 6s that has the same diff setup as my felony ... along with double motor fans and mad rpm fan for the esc .... I use that rig to pull my kids around the block they love it . ...

What sort of gearing

What motor mount would I need for that gearing .

The tyre ware problem was a left or right balled and the other side still having plenty of thread.

I've got the stock 27t that comes with it ... ill give that a bash when the motor arrives .and test it out .

I've got the limitless spool also coming with the motor. So that might make things interesting... and I've got gears from 11t to 31t.

I've also ordered the mmx8s 1717 1650kv for my kraton 6s that has the same diff setup as my felony ... along with double motor fans and mad rpm fan for the esc .... I use that rig to pull my kids around the block they love it . ...

What sort of gearing
If I'm not mistaken, that gearing should fit in the stock motor mount. I might be wrong, but I want to say that I've run that gearing in my Infraction but it's been a while since replacing the stock motor mount with a PPS mount (best in the business imho).

The one sided tire wear might be down to the fact that you're always turning in the same direction. If not, just rotate your tires occasionally.

A 27T pinion should put you around 80mph for starters. The spool will give you a lot more options as you can put much smaller gears on it than on a diff.

I'm not versed on Kraton gearing so someone else will need to field that question. :)

to the OP
do be honest it's going to be difficult to have a dual purpose car for speedruns and bashing because the set ups are so different. That was my initiial plan for my limitless and so I purchased an infraction center diff and replaced the 46T with a 40T from Robinson racing. Now I'm just into the speed runs and am using the 34T spool. GL

I
to the OP
do be honest it's going to be difficult to have a dual purpose car for speedruns and bashing because the set ups are so different. That was my initiial plan for my limitless and so I purchased an infraction center diff and replaced the 46T with a 40T from Robinson racing. Now I'm just into the speed runs and am using the 34T spool. GL
Agree that the setups are very different.... but im not looking at maxing out ...

My idea is to have a really quick rc that's amazing at drifting and has a decent top speed ...

If I'm running 6s its reliable fast ...
If I'm running 8s its just stupid fast .

I'll have 2× 21k rpm fans on the motor ...
And upgrade the 40mm esc fan to 28k rpm

Raz mentions the mmx8s tops out at 150 + - so 100 seems reliable I'm my mind . But again 100mph on 6s so + - 120mph on 8s which is about 200km

Its about 80% potential with the added fan cooling seems to be ok in my mind .... please advise me as I'm faily new to the hobby

well FWIW
my car is currently running 104 mph on 6S and 124 mph on 8S and I think it would overheat pretty fast bashing with a server fan
32T Spur
34T Pinion (spool)
with V1 straight diff (3.3)

well FWIW
my car is currently running 104 mph on 6S and 124 mph on 8S and I think it would overheat pretty fast bashing with a server fan
32T Spur
34T Pinion (spool)
That
well FWIW
32T Spur
34T Pinion (spool)
Gearing seems like it's for 150+

no cuz you have to account for voltage sag. air resistance, maxing out the equipment, length of run, etc.
theoretical max RPM is 49k but I think my logs only showed 37k
150 mph is very difficult to obtain.

I
well FWIW
32T Spur
34T Pinion (spool)
Take back what I said .... seems like your right ... I should probably go with a 46 28 to keep Temps down

That

Gearing seems like it's for 150+
You also have to account for the fact that he's running 3.3 ratio diffs. You're running 2.8 ratio diffs in the Felony (yes, the rear diff is a different ratio, but once you factor in the bigger rear wheels the final drive ratio is the same).

and keep in mind, batteries play a huge part in speedrunnng too.
My 3S Zees x2 max out at 94 mph
3S CNHL racing x 2 maxed out at 107 mph but I consistently get 104-105 with no battery preconditioning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back