Felony Arrma Felony rally car with light kit ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yas

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
I finally put everything together for the rally build... I've given it a quick shakedown but I'm waiting for the roads to dry before I open it up ?

PXL_20201115_114651111.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

PXL_20201115_114634453.PORTRAIT-01.COVER~2.jpg

PXL_20201115_114547317.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

The light kit is the party piece. The headlights have 3 brightness settings and are extremely bright. I set the rear halo lights as functional brake lights. The front fog lights and rear tail lights are set to come on at full brightness. But what's amazing is that these modes are toggled in a cycle, on the fly, straight from my TX! Brilliant kit ?

PXL_20201114_102552965.NIGHT~2.jpg

PXL_20201114_102823056.NIGHT~2.jpg

PXL_20201114_102643857.NIGHT~2.jpg

PXL_20201114_102714218.NIGHT~2.jpg

PXL_20201020_112729999.MP~2.jpg

The 2.2/3.0 wheels and tyres can fit after some modifications. I had to trim the body, side skirts, front splitter and rear diffuser. I fit the longest body posts that are included in the box to raise the body. I also had to shave down the rear hubs and move the tie rod to the lower setting so the hubs clear the wheels

PXL_20201115_123045630~2.jpg

PXL_20201013_170932618.PORTRAIT-02.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

PXL_20201013_200519786.PORTRAIT-01.COVER~2.jpg

PXL_20201115_123155164~2.jpg

PXL_20201115_123208392~2.jpg

PXL_20201115_123236302~2.jpg

IMG_20200918_210514~2.jpg

CHASSIS & DRIVETRAIN

- Arrma EXB top plate
- Arrma Kraton rear hubs, rear axles and 16.5mm hexes (for aftermarket wheels)
- Scorched Parts carbon fibre tower-to-tower brace
- Scorched Parts rear titanium chassis skids ✨
- GPM aluminium F/C/R diff cups
- GPM F/R chassis braces
- Team Associated diff oils 20/200/60k cSt GP5/centre/GP6

ELECTRONICS

Spektrum DX5 Rugged
Spektrum SR515 receiver
Savox 1210SG servo
MyTrickRC DG-1 Dragon II controller with light kit

SUSPENSION & STEERING

- Arrma EXB aluminium front upper suspension mount
- Arrma EXB 7075 aluminium steering rack
- Scorched Parts front and rear carbon fibre shock towers
- Team Associated shock oils 3000/2000 cSt F/R

WHEELS & TYRES

- Pro-Line Trencher X 2.2/3.0 SC tyres premounted on Raid wheels
- Arrma dBoots Hoons belted silver compound 42/100 & 53/107 tyres

Last edited:
Do those tires balloon at all?? I would imagine so???....just curious, I was considering doing a rally theme on the Infr.
I swear by MTRC lighting. Have much of his stuff in my Crawlers and my MT's.

Do those tires balloon at all?? I would imagine so???....just curious, I was considering doing a rally theme on the Infr.
I swear by MTRC lighting. Have much of his stuff in my Crawlers and my MT's.
They do a bit yes! I haven't had a chance to full throttle this thing yet (6S, stock 16t pinion) because the roads are too wet. If they catch anything on the body I'll trim it back even further. I might even drop the pinion down to a 13t or so. I bought these tyres because I really liked them but they proved a PITA to make them fit ? I tried them with my Typhon 3S too but they don't clear the steering knuckles! Ball ache ?

Great shout on the light kit too man. Had some trouble getting it to the UK but it's fantastic! I'm planning on some MTRC light bars for the Mojave EXB, if it ever arrives ⏳

Be careful with those GPM diff cups, I had one on my center diff for a while and the hole the diff cup output comes out of got all sorts of hogged out.

Yeah I seriously was contemplating a front and rear light bar for my Mojave RTR. MTRC has super strong light bars. I find regular LED's get really beat up and don't last from hard bashing. My light bars are all beat up and shine light the first day. Brackets are fine too. Just make sure the light bars are mounted in a recessed location away from potential hits as best you can. And you will be good.

I was contemplating a lexan windshield for my Mojave . I find at speed the nose will lift. Air gets trapped in the driver cockpit within the roof and the nose lifts for this reason. I am sure about that. I have the Scorched RC inner wheel wells also. Dirt ingress is next to nothing. Just have to clean out the wells at the tires. It will collect crap. But that is fine. Just like a scale car..
Be careful with those GPM diff cups, I had one on my center diff for a while and the hole the diff cup output comes out of got all sorts of hogged out.
If I am correct HR upgraded their alloy diff case with metal sleeving at the drive cups. Anyone on this??? Also, are we talking the 29mm diffs here??? trying to follow this best I can. :cool:
Edit: Honestly I pefer the Arrma metal diff cases compared to the rest. I no longer have any diff issues with this upgrade. But they are ALWAYS in limited supply and on B/O unfortunately. Since they were released they have been hard to get. So curious as to why. Even Pre-Pandemic. I would buy like 9 of them if I could. Yeah a big nut. But I have several 6S rigs here. I mainly use them on the center diff first. The center diff heats up alot. I completely melted one stock ctr. diff case already. But Fr and Rr diffs could use these for sure. I don't see Arrma 29mm metal diff cases yet. Anyone ??

Last edited:
I get what you mean - I wish they had steel inserts like the stock ones do, although mine have lasted a long while in my Noto after around 20+ packs with zero issues so far. All of my outdrives took some tapping to get in and back out again for a service. That one in the video looks too worn and I wouldn't use it, although you could try adding one of the V4+ 5.4x9.5 shims between the outdrive and diff cup (if it can fit) it might help negate that slop

Another issue of having the aluminium shaft bore is that if the outdrive burs at the pin, if could take some aluminium with it when you take it out. Thankfully I didn't have that issue when I serviced mine, but it could happen

If I am correct HR upgraded their alloy diff case with metal sleeving at the drive cups. Anyone on this??? Also, are we talking the 29mm diffs here??? trying to follow this best I can. :cool:
That would be great if they did! No, these are the hop ups for the standard RTR diff cup. Arrma are actually releasing a metal diff cup for the EXB's 29mm one, now that you mention it ?

https://www.logicrc.com/default.aspx?ItemId=Z-ARA311061

I finally put everything together for the rally build... I've given it a quick shakedown but I'm waiting for the roads to dry before I open it up ?

View attachment 109319

View attachment 109320

View attachment 109321

The light kit is the party piece. The headlights have 3 brightness settings and are extremely bright. I set the rear halo lights as functional brake lights. The front fog lights and rear tail lights are set to come on at full brightness. But what's amazing is that these modes are toggled in a cycle, on the fly, straight from my TX! Brilliant kit ?

View attachment 109348

View attachment 109349

View attachment 109350

View attachment 109351

View attachment 109334

The 2.2/3.0 wheels and tyres can fit after some modifications. I had to trim the body, side skirts, front splitter and rear diffuser. I fit the longest body posts that are included in the box to raise the body. I also had to shave down the rear hubs and move the tie rod to the lower setting so the hubs clear the wheels

View attachment 109322

View attachment 109333

View attachment 109352

View attachment 109324

View attachment 109325

View attachment 109326

View attachment 109335

CHASSIS & DRIVETRAIN

- Arrma EXB top plate
- GPM F/R chassis braces

ELECTRONICS

Spektrum DX5 Rugged
Spektrum SR515 receiver
Savox 1210SG servo

SUSPENSION & STEERING

WHEELS & TYRES

Where did you get the light and the tires

View attachment 109319

View attachment 109320

View attachment 109321

View attachment 109348

View attachment 109349

View attachment 109350

View attachment 109351

View attachment 109334

View attachment 109322

View attachment 109333

View attachment 109352

View attachment 109324

View attachment 109325

View attachment 109326

View attachment 109335

CHASSIS & DRIVETRAIN

- Arrma EXB top plate
- GPM F/R chassis braces

ELECTRONICS

Spektrum DX5 Rugged
Spektrum SR515 receiver
Savox 1210SG servo

SUSPENSION & STEERING

WHEELS & TYRES

Could you make a video on YouTube with everything you got and how you put it on and put the link
Yeah I seriously was contemplating a front and rear light bar for my Mojave RTR. MTRC has super strong light bars. I find regular LED's get really beat up and don't last from hard bashing. My light bars are all beat up and shine light the first day. Brackets are fine too. Just make sure the light bars are mounted in a recessed location away from potential hits as best you can. And you will be good.

I was contemplating a lexan windshield for my Mojave . I find at speed the nose will lift. Air gets trapped in the driver cockpit within the roof and the nose lifts for this reason. I am sure about that. I have the Scorched RC inner wheel wells also. Dirt ingress is next to nothing. Just have to clean out the wells at the tires. It will collect crap. But that is fine. Just like a scale car..

Edit: Honestly I pefer the Arrma metal diff cases compared to the rest. I no longer have any diff issues with this upgrade. But they are ALWAYS in limited supply and on B/O unfortunately. Since they were released they have been hard to get. So curious as to why. Even Pre-Pandemic. I would buy like 9 of them if I could. Yeah a big nut. But I have several 6S rigs here. I mainly use them on the center diff first. The center diff heats up alot. I completely melted one stock ctr. diff case already. But Fr and Rr diffs could use these for sure. I don't see Arrma 29mm metal diff cases yet. Anyone ??
Could you make a video on YouTube with everything you got and how you put it on and put the link

View attachment 109319

View attachment 109320

View attachment 109321

View attachment 109348

View attachment 109349

View attachment 109350

View attachment 109351

View attachment 109334

View attachment 109322

View attachment 109333

View attachment 109352

View attachment 109324

View attachment 109325

View attachment 109326

View attachment 109335

CHASSIS & DRIVETRAIN

- Arrma EXB top plate
- GPM F/R chassis braces

ELECTRONICS

Spektrum DX5 Rugged
Spektrum SR515 receiver
Savox 1210SG servo

SUSPENSION & STEERING

WHEELS & TYRES

can you make a YouTube vid on everything you have on it and where to get it

Thanks for the interest!

I did want to try Typhon shocks and towers to raise it up for the rally build, but since I couldn't find Typhon shocks at the time I've since reverted it back for street bashing

Without being able to raise the ride height anymore, the Trencher tyres (which were annoying to fit anyway as they needed some mods) kept catching on the body/splitters at higher speeds, and I didn't want to trim enough of the lexan back, so stocks are now back on

I barely make any content on YT, so I'll take more pictures of the light kit installed if that will suffice? 👍

Thanks for the interest!

I did want to try Typhon shocks and towers to raise it up for the rally build, but since I couldn't find Typhon shocks at the time I've since reverted it back for street bashing

Without being able to raise the ride height anymore, the Trencher tyres (which were annoying to fit anyway as they needed some mods) kept catching on the body/splitters at higher speeds, and I didn't want to trim enough of the lexan back, so stocks are now back on

I barely make any content on YT, so I'll take more pictures of the light kit installed if that will suffice? 👍
yes thank you I appreciate it

yes thank you I appreciate it
I used the 17mm light buckets to mount both front and rear lights. 19mm holes were drilled to fit the 17mm buckets for the front headlights. They were all CA glued in place. CA glue can weaken the lexan body and make the paint run, but without a custom bracket, there was no other way to mount the rear ones where I wanted them

I'll see if I can record a quick run demo of how the lights work when the weather picks up and when I have time. I have also fit the same controller on my Mojave - here is the link for the light demo:

PXL_20210219_154648463.jpg

PXL_20210219_154714300.jpg
PXL_20210219_154748709.jpg

PXL_20210219_154850945.jpg

PXL_20210219_154900197.jpg
PXL_20210219_154815112.jpg
PXL_20210219_154914144.jpg
PXL_20210219_155220936.jpg

I used the 17mm light buckets to mount both front and rear lights. 19mm holes were drilled to fit the 17mm buckets for the front headlights. They were all CA glued in place. CA glue can weaken the lexan body and make the paint run, but without a custom bracket, there was no other way to mount the rear ones where I wanted them

I'll see if I can record a quick run demo of how the lights work when the weather picks up and when I have time. I have also fit the same controller on my Mojave - here is the link for the light demo:

View attachment 127459
View attachment 127460View attachment 127463
View attachment 127461
View attachment 127464View attachment 127462View attachment 127465View attachment 127466
What are those things on top of the tires

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back