Felony Arrma Felony Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that same ultrasonic and i'd never have thought to clean all the little detail parts in it, I appreciate the idea!
Oh man I use this all the time. I have actually been wanting to get a bigger unit because cleaning with an ultrasonic is so nice.

Parts come out looking new.

I have a big one bookmarked on amazon, maybe this is the impetus i need to buy a big one! (13x11" footprint is about the largest basket of the one i can afford)

1662610932882.png

I have a big one bookmarked on amazon, maybe this is the impetus i need to buy a big one! (13x11" footprint is about the largest basket of the one i can afford)

View attachment 242153

The one I have now is 2.5L and really a 5 or 6L would be perfect for me. Sadly most all of those in that size tend to be more of a rectangle in shape, and I'd rather have something more square in size which is why I've also been eyeing the 15L cleaners as well. Plus, having 6 transducers would be huge compared to the single transducer I have now.

I've been considering the Vevor 15L ultrasonic cleaner myself. Really because it's one of the few I see listed as UL certified.

The one I have now is 2.5L and really a 5 or 6L would be perfect for me. Sadly most all of those in that size tend to be more of a rectangle in shape, and I'd rather have something more square in size which is why I've also been eyeing the 15L cleaners as well. Plus, having 6 transducers would be huge compared to the single transducer I have now.

I've been considering the Vevor 15L ultrasonic cleaner myself. Really because it's one of the few I see listed as UL certified.
Gosh dang it, y’all are way too good at making me spend money…
Does that thing work on silicon filled diffs?

Gosh dang it, y’all are way too good at making me spend money…
Does that thing work on silicon filled diffs?
I guess this depends on what you're asking exactly.

Sure you could open up the diff and throw it in the ultrasonic cleaner but I'd dump the fluid first. Just to keep the cleaning solution cleaner a bit longer, but yes my little ultrasonic does an okay job at this.

Using the bigger one I linked above has SIX transducers, so cleaning should be MUCH better.

Now if you're asking if you can throw your fully assembled diff in the cleaner and expect the diff to come out new inside and out... well that's not going to happen. ;)

Hey speaking of an Arrma Felony build. I'm thinking about going with a Mamba Monster X 8s w/ a 1717 motor - thoughts on cooling for this motor?
I'm a big proponent of the Powerhobby fan mount paired with two 40x40x28mm 12V server fans. All other fan brackets only hold a single fan.
1662681447152.png

This is my current setup and it moves some serious air. Works great on finned cans like the ones you find on Castle motors.
1662681672581.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back